Visit site
✟9,917.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What did you mean by that? What is the difference between the Gentile saying Jesus and the Jew saying Yeshua, other than language differences.

Thousands of years of persecution, paganism adopted into the religion of G-d, and antisemitism to name a few reasons...

Those are the connotations associated with 'jesus' in the mind of a Jew. Y'shua does not hold those connotations.

shalom,
yafet

Upvote 0

rooster

Here am I
Mar 8, 2004
Joo Chiat
✟665.00
Faith
Christian
Zayit said:
Thank you for sharing that Rooster, that is most wonderful news!!!:clap: Your Succah must have been pretty good for them to know what it was. Are you planning on building another one for this coming Sukkot?

Thank you for blessing me with your story!:hug:

I sure hope so. There had been plans and a team had been set up but our Dean is planning to retire and the new dean might be more of a traditional Anglican and might be opposed to the idea.
My pastor who had been teaching a course about"A christian's perspective to the middleeast conflict" had been forced to condense the course and finish it before the change in the deanary. the conflict in the middle east is a rather touchy subject due to the large amount of muslims in my country, so normally christian's i think have a compromised view about the conflict.
Anyway.....i sure hope the new dean does not change too much stuff in the church... there is talk that one of the service where we regularly invite speakers and messianic jews to preach might be canceled.......
Oh well, God has a plan, we just need to seek it.

Upvote 0

Charlesinflorida

Jan 2, 2004
Florida, US
Visit site
✟753.00
Faith
Messianic
Quaffer said:
Charles,

In your first post you said, "Even the name JESUS, is uncomfortable for me, because I associate it with all the stuff that goes with it. What did you mean by that? What is the difference between the Gentile saying Jesus and the Jew saying Yeshua, other than language differences.

My experiece in denominational churches were; certain doctrinal errors, and those churches used that name which really isn't His name, but is transliteration from Iesous, meaning the christ, which is parallel to Messiah, so "Jesus Christ" is not first and last name" it is really saying "Christ christ"

His name was Yeshua. Thats what his family and friends and disciples called him.

There is a lot more blood attached to he name of Jesus than his own sacrifice. Crusades, Iquisition, pogroms, the holocaust. A survivor the death camps told me that that S.S. wore large brass belt buckles which proclaimed "Jesus is Lord".

Another thing is the way TV eanelists us the name of Jesus to bilk the masses for money.

CIF

Upvote 0

Charlesinflorida

Jan 2, 2004
Florida, US
Visit site
✟753.00
Faith
Messianic
Quaffer said:
So would you say then that unless the Gentile is strictly following all of Pauls teaching then they are not going to be part of the Kingdom? If that is the case is'nt that salvation by works?

The way it is worded by Yeshua, it seems that we are speaking places of honor and not salvation.

Matt 5: [19] Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. [20] For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

In the first part it seems that your righteousness (obedeince to Gods commandments ) will determine whether you are greatest or least in the Kingdom, not whether or not you will be there. The last line seems difficult, because the Pharises were maticulas with the law, but there were hypocrits too.

Bottom line. Salvation is never by works. It is alway by faith including the OLD Testament. Salvation is by faith. Sanctification, becoming a holy individual is by submission to the working of the spirit in your life which result in living by Gods instructions.

Ro 2: [13] (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. [14] For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: [15] Which show the work of the law written in their hearts,

CIF

Upvote 0

blessed2

Oct 21, 2003
Arkansas
Visit site
✟710.00
Faith
Messianic
Charles, is not the name Yeshua the Hebrew name for Jesus? I don't understand what the problem with the name in English is?
Can we revisit this for a sec.?
I read that the name J-sus was a translation from the Greek translated word that sounded like J-zeus and was to keep the name of the Greek god Zeus alive? I'm probly making this sound confusing but you probly get the idea.
It is difficult because that name has been so ingrained but I really don't like using it anymore. I use Y-shua now.
If that is the name by which we are saved....
The name above all names....
At the name, every knee shall bow....
Whateve we shall ask in that name shall....
Sounds like it's an important name and it should be the right name. :o>

Upvote 0

Trish1947

Free to Believe
Nov 14, 2003
California
Visit site
✟24,917.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
blessed2 said:
I read that the name J-sus was a translation from the Greek translated word that sounded like J-zeus and was to keep the name of the Greek god Zeus alive? I'm probly making this sound confusing but you probly get the idea.
It is difficult because that name has been so ingrained but I really don't like using it anymore. I use Y-shua now.

I cant find it, but isn't there a scripture that says that He shall return to us the pure language? I seem to have read that, but I'm unable to find it.

Another observation in my prayer life. When I'm sometimes speaking in tongues, even though I cannot understand the words, I will pick up the name Y-shua in the language. I have always wondered why. It comes out in the Spirit.

Upvote 0

Hix

Zionist Jew
Dec 29, 2003
✟17,284.00
Faith
Judaism
Politics
UK-Conservative
blessed2 said:

Actually there are many candidates for his name, I think I said in another thread that Yeshua does not fully mean salvation, its very close but its like spelling salvation "salvaton" or something. Yeshu'a could have had a brace of names all stemming from the same verb (which means to free [from captivity/slavery], to help, to redeem, to rescue/save [from danger] etc). Its more than likely his name was Yeshu'ah (with a small inverted e) which is spelled quite differently in the hebrew and does mean salvation.

Shalom and G-d bless
~Hix~

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums