• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

A coincidence happened

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the past, i was thinking about my ocd and a coincidence happened. someone said my name i think. he or she was not calling me but another with the same name. since that day, I used to worry to hear my name when thinking about my ocd. Today, my boss was telling to his wife my name and i was hearing them from far away. probably he was talking about me and my name. He said something like "Kostas" and "Konstantinos" (complete name). i left his house and was thinking for other reasons not related to ocd . i was thinking the words "Kostas" "Konstantinos" and some seconds later a kid was running and suddenly says to his father "I am faster than "Kosta-" "Konstantino". he was not talking about me but for another kid but I got worried because not only he mentioned my name almost the same time i was thinking it but in almost the same way. i was "Kostas" "'Konstantinos" and some seconds later the kid was like "'Kosta-" "Konstantino". is this a coincidence? I worry if the Generic God is sending me a maybe sign about my ocd. is this a coincidence?

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
In the past, i was thinking about my ocd and a coincidence happened. someone said my name i think. he or she was not calling me but another with the same name. since that day, I used to worry to hear my name when thinking about my ocd. Today, my boss was telling to his wife my name and i was hearing them from far away. probably he was talking about me and my name. He said something like "Kostas" and "Konstantinos" (complete name). i left his house and was thinking for other reasons not related to ocd . i was thinking the words "Kostas" "Konstantinos" and some seconds later a kid was running and suddenly says to his father "I am faster than "Kosta-" "Konstantino". he was not talking about me but for another kid but I got worried because not only he mentioned my name almost the same time i was thinking it but in almost the same way. i was "Kostas" "'Konstantinos" and some seconds later the kid was like "'Kosta-" "Konstantino". is this a coincidence? I worry if the Generic God is sending me a maybe sign about my ocd. is this a coincidence?

That sounds like paranoia to me.

Upvote 0

spiritualchristian7

Aug 6, 2019
NCR
✟16,028.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've noticed that you always post about your ocd.
at this point, the only advice I can give you is to seek help from a doctor.
You need help. But It takes a lot to admit that you're not okay.
I'll pray for you.

I'm schizophrenic and I'm slowly getting better and better in time.
Skepticism is slowly curing my mental illness.
I try to reject irrelevant thoughts as much as I can.

• Agree
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've noticed that you always post about your ocd.
at this point, the only advice I can give you is to seek help from a doctor.
You need help. But It takes a lot to admit that you're not okay.
I'll pray for you.

I'm schizophrenic and I'm slowly getting better and better in time.
Skepticism is slowly curing my mental illness.
I try to reject irrelevant thoughts as much as I can.

Similar here. I actually improved when I took up physics. I require more evidence to support my assumptions. That helped with my paranoia quite a bit.

Upvote 0

spiritualchristian7

Aug 6, 2019
NCR
✟16,028.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Similar here. I actually improved when I took up physics. I require more evidence to support my assumptions. That helped with my paranoia quite a bit.
Good thing is, I'm very self aware that it's just a mental battle I'm facing. That none of it is actually true but just involuntary subconscious thoughts. *which I'm already taking control of, now that I'm getting better. :)

ignorance, self-rebuttal, and self-awareness helped me. (in my case, at least)

• Agree
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Good thing is, I'm very self aware that it's just a mental battle I'm facing. That none of it is actually true but just involuntary subconscious thoughts. *which I'm already taking control of, now that I'm getting better. :)

ignorance, self-rebuttal, and self-awareness helped me. (in my case, at least)

You sound like you're doing well. I do pretty much the same I think:). I get dizzy and hallucinate when I work so I tell myself it's just hallucinations and try to ignore them.

Upvote 0

spiritualchristian7

Aug 6, 2019
NCR
✟16,028.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You sound like you're doing well. I do pretty much the same I think:). I get dizzy and hallucinate when I work so I tell myself it's just hallucinations and try to ignore them.
Yep. You're just hallucinating. I'm 100% sure
I always hear someone whisper my name, but turns out it's just my dad snoring or a sound somewhere.

The more you think about something the more it occupies your brain and the more restless you become + the more mentally and/or emotionally unstable you become.
ex. working out = muscles = body image/shape conscious = anxiety = body insecurities

If you have nightmares this might help you:
"Dreams are just part of the subconscious garbage cleaning process while you sleep."

Upvote 0