• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Scary coincodences.

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟43,670.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have had ocd all my life. In many different ways. But recently its gotten REALLY freaky. Super weird coincidences are happening and making me so afraid. For example, ill think "if X is real, make it so (person) reaches out to me in the next 2 days" or whatever. AND THEY DO! These are people who I havent talked to in over a YEAR and here they are crawling out of the wood work. Another example was "if X will happen make it so my hotel room number is 123" (I was soon to go on vacation) sure enough my hotel room ended up being room 123. These are not coincidences. I have seen a lot of coincidences as my ocd makes me notice them but these are too direct. What in the fresh hell are these, i am terrified. I almost wonder if Satan is making these come true cause he knows it would derail me.

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟43,670.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for sharing your experiences! It's hard to understand things like coincidences sometimes, isn't it? What kinds of advice have you gotten about this type of thing in the past?
none. But this has to be spiritual based theres no way these are JUST coincidences

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
none. But this has to be spiritual based theres no way these are JUST coincidences
But you have asked about this in other places on this forum, right? What do you think of the advice that you have gotten?

Upvote 0