Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Crosscheck...LOL~!! I know, I can't watch that one either, without thinking "Jean-Luc...Professor X...".

Ceh, I love the Muppet one, too! It manages to be cute, funny (no cheeses for us meeces!), touching, and just a tad scary. Obviously not true to the book, but adorable nonetheless. And I get the biggest kick watching a consummate actor like Michael Cain interacting with puppets, and still showing all the passion and emotion you'd see in a "real" film lol.

Upvote 0

latteda

You're not my nemesis
Jan 8, 2005
Southern US
✟14,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Muppet one will always be my fave.

mupxmas.gif

It's in the singing of a street corner choir
It's going home and getting warm by the fire
It's true, wherever you find love it feels like Christmas!

Second to that my favorite version is the one put on in Branson at Silver Dollar City every year. It is really fantastic.

I saw the new one in the theater a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't impressed. The darkness of it didn't really bother me. I felt like parts of it were cheesy. The animation was a little weird to me, as well.

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I saw the new one in 3D on Friday. I thought it was fantastic. I was a bit disappointed with the very end, it felt rushed. But overall, I thought it was a faithful adaptation of the book with a good grasp of Dickens' dark sense of humor.

The effects were great, 3D is always fun. I thought Marley was pretty scary. (I don't know how little kids aren't frightened by it, I would have been terrified when I was a kid).

My all time favorite version is the George C. Scott one. My family watches that one every year.

Upvote 0

ceh85

You shattered my darkness,washed away my blindness
Mar 25, 2009
✟15,945.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ceh, I love the Muppet one, too! It manages to be cute, funny (no cheeses for us meeces!), touching, and just a tad scary. Obviously not true to the book, but adorable nonetheless. And I get the biggest kick watching a consummate actor like Michael Cain interacting with puppets, and still showing all the passion and emotion you'd see in a "real" film lol.

I agree! I think it is really well-done, and not just pure comedy either - I tear up at some bits! :D

Upvote 0

Allen1901

King's Knight
Nov 1, 2008
The Road to Damascus, Virginia U.S.A.
✟73,745.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
My all time favorite version is the George C. Scott one. My family watches that one every year.

I saw this again last night. It's pretty good.

BBC America also broadcast "Blackadder's Christmas Carol" :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums