Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Actually, false doctrines are identified by the scriptures that they flatly deny, while pretending that other scriptures mean what they do not say.

You are claiming that certain scriptures mean what they do not actually say, while denying that other scriptures mean what they explicitly say.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟806,567.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I QUOTED a passage from the Bible that EXPLICITLY stated the very opposite of what you are saying. End of story. I am not going to continue to argue with you on this.

I explained the associated grammar.

You're welcome to attempt to disprove it.

• Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,262.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
And this neither says, nor even implies, that "the children of the promise" includes anyone that is a descendant of Abraham.
We Christians ARE the children of the Promise. All the followers of Jesus are; Jew or Gentile. This truth is foundational.
You think that the descendants of Abraham are just those who claim that honor. It has been well proved to you, that is not the case. His true descendants are those who have the faith in God, as he did.

As for those who did not want Me for their King, bring them before Me and slaughter them. Luke 19:27
Isaiah 22:1-14, Amos 2:4-5

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟806,567.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And this neither says, nor even implies, that "the children of the promise" includes anyone that is a descendant of Abraham.

Galatians 4
28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

Paul was enlightening the Galatian church, comprised of both believing Jews and Gentiles.

Plenty of descendants of Abraham, including the notorious Judaizers.

But all who were genuine believers in Christ qualified as "the children of promise".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, false doctrines are identified by the scriptures that they flatly deny, while pretending that other scriptures mean what they do not say.

You are claiming that certain scriptures mean what they do not actually say, while denying that other scriptures mean what they explicitly say.

The lady in the following video is the head of an organization which claims Christ-rejecting Orthodox Jews are our "Brethren".

She regularly has Christ-rejecting Orthodox Jews speak on her program.

Why is she not sharing the Gospel with these people?

It appears that she is promoting some form of Dual-Covenant Theology.

Has she cut the following passage out of her Bible?

2Jn 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

2Jn 1:8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
2Jn 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2Jn 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
2Jn 1:11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

• Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
How has the doctrine of Christian Zionism influenced the modern Church?

I'm sorry but this video sermon is an example calling good evil and evil good...those are some of the most theologically and escatologically ignorant men sounding off on youtube & misleading you & others. These types of teachings are the ones that lead many astray and it is a shame there is so much error in supposed christendom, many false teachers on the internet these days, like of Hank Hanegraaff have done damage to Biblical Truth and I'm hoping Christians won't be deceived by false teachings. Look for Bible prophecy teachings from Dr. Reagan's videos " Christ in Prophecy", Lion & Lamb Ministries, Erik Barger, Dr. David Hocking, Pastor Ed Hindson, Don Steward, Hischannel.com, Amir Tsarfati, Barry Stagner. Jesus told His followers, "you will be hated for My sake and this certainly is evident by the hostility towards evangelicals who are christian zionists, pretrib believers. Praying.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟806,567.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Look for Bible prophecy teachings from Dr. Reagan's videos " Christ in Prophecy", Lion & Lamb Ministries, Erik Barger, Dr. David Hocking, Pastor Ed Hindson, Don Steward, Hischannel.com, Amir Tsarfati, Barry Stagner."

Why no Early Church Fathers in your list?
Why no Reformers?
Why only modernists?

• Winner
Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
"Look for Bible prophecy teachings from Dr. Reagan's videos " Christ in Prophecy", Lion & Lamb Ministries, Erik Barger, Dr. David Hocking, Pastor Ed Hindson, Don Steward, Hischannel.com, Amir Tsarfati, Barry Stagner."

Why no Early Church Fathers in your list?
Why no Reformers?
Why only modernists?
why? why?? Lol...my post is self-evident & a response to these two video youtubers & the their message.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Why would any Christian television program allow a Christ-rejecting Orthodox Jew to be a witness on your program, based on 1 John 2:22-23, and 2 John 1:7-11 ?

Well, easy it is because Aaron Lipkin knows scholarly the O.T. teachings that they are discussing. These two, Christian and Jew are discussing JUDGES and Aaron is telling about the Israeli archeological finds too & how they verify the Bible teachings in Judges. What a great interaction & respectful, positive relationship between Jew & Christian who share not only the teachings of the OT but they worship the same Heavenly Father GOD. This is the great way that some Biblical Evangelical Christians interact which allows for dialogue between Christians and Jews to offer them the Gospel of Jesus. Unfortunately that is not the way of the raging anti-zionist , anti-semetic ones in Christendom.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
We Christians ARE the children of the Promise. All the followers of Jesus are; Jew or Gentile.
As for those who did not want Me for their King, bring them before Me and slaughter them. Luke 19:27
Isaiah 22:1-14, Amos 2:4-5
I would think 70ad Jerusalem was a fairly massive slaughter:

The Jews to be kept safe during the Great Tribulation

Isa 30:25
There will be on every high mountain
And on every high hill
Rivers and streams of waters,
In the day of the great slaughter,
When the towers fall.

Zephaniah1:
16 A day of trumpet and alarm/shouting on the fortified cities and the lofty towers,
17 "And I bring distress to men and they go as blind-ones, that against YHWH they sin,
and blood of them shall be poured out as soil and intestine of them as dung.

This video shows the fortified cities of Jewish rebels in the 1st century.........

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

The most ancient of these walls was remarkable for its great strength, and was, moreover, erected on a hanging rock, and fortified by sixty towers.
on the middle wall there were fourteen towers only ; but on the third, which was also distinguished by the extraordinary merit of its architecture, there were no less than ninety.

............Meanwhile the horrors of famine grew still more melancholy and afflictive.
......In the depth or this horrible extremity, a Jewess of noble family urged by the intolerable cravings of hunger, slew her infant child, and prepared it for a meal ; ............At the recital of this melancholy and affecting occurrence, the whole city stood aghast, and poured forth their congratulations on those whom death had hurried away from such heartrending scenes.

Before their final demolition, however, Titus took, a. survey of the city and its fortifications ; and, while contemplating their impregnable strength, could not help ascribing his success to the peculiar interposition of the ALMIGHTY HIMSELF. "Had not God himself (exclaimed he) aided out operations, and driven the Jews from their fortresses, it would have been absolutely impossible to have taken them ; for what could men, and the force of engines, have done against such towers as these ?"
===========================================
Luke 21:23 “But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! For there will be great distress in the land and wrath upon this people.
Revelation 9:6 And in those days the men shall seeking the death, and not no shall be finding it;
and shall be yearning<1937> to be dying, and the death is fleeing from them.

Last edited:
Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I find an avatar of a devil stabbing the bible not very edifying.
Your opinion is noted.........
Why not just address my posts...........

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟806,567.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That sounds very demanding.
Why weren't the two guys in the video I responded to "Early church fathers????" LOl!

Why do you consider Scripture to be demanding?

They were. They were defending the same truths defended by the ECFs.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
"Why do you consider Scripture to be demanding?"

Were you purposely misunderstanding & trying to misrepresent my very clear response?
It was your demands that I was referring to, that had nothing to do with my response to the video presented .
FYI, of course ,I do not find Bible Scripture demanding and clearly, there was No scripture posted that I responded to. I do not understand the purpose when a professed Christian just seems to want to be antagonistic.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟806,567.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
they worship the same Heavenly Father GOD.

What Bible version says that?

1 John 2:23 KJV
Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.