Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Than Christian music is sinful also, because that is the case here. Of course everyone goes into touchdown formation when a sloooow song is played. Is that not repetitive? Does God really like that?

I remember you were the reason I signed up on CF. It was because of your distant list of metal bands (you used) to listen to. I guess I can understand why, from your viewpoint, that you you disposed of them. However, I do not get how you can tell everyone else that it is wrong for them? You said you had angry issues, which isn't the case for everyone listening to metal. Sometimes its past experiences, or something along those lines.

I know, I know, you probably heard about Tim Lambesis. Still does not cut with generalizing all listeners.

It was more of a comment, but still in a necessary manner to be responded to. I asked for you to check out the thread I posted and to read the comments. You never told me if you still thought "Satan was the Choir Director," etc criteria.
What did you think of it?

I wrote a reply to this, but when I was posting it I got an error.

I'm not sure if that verse in Ezekiel is referring to Satan. But there's other biblical support for it:

(Job 38 NKJV) 6 To what were its foundations fastened?
Or who laid its cornerstone,
7 When the morning stars sang together,
And all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Morning stars = Angels (compare to Revelation 12 about the war in heaven).

What I thought of your blog post: I didn't agree with most of it, I still hold to my opinions.

Metal music can also be harmful to the brain:

"Drum beats can cause "switching" to occur in the brain as it loses symmetry between left and right sides. This causes stress and it makes it difficult for a person to distinguish between what is beneficial and what is harmful. In this condition the body usually chooses that which is destructive over that which is therapeutic"

"All records devoted to the Devil are based on the same principles. One of these is the rhythm, also called the beat, which develops according to the movements which occur during sex. The individual suddenly has the feeling of being in a frenzy. This also explains cases of hysteria, which result from the sexual instinct being promoted to a higher level through the beat.

When performed, the volume chosen is deliberately set seven decibels above the tolerance level of the nervous system. This is perfectly calculated: if young people are exposed to this music for a certain length of time, forms of depression, rebellion and aggression set in. They do not know why; because they think they have not done anything except listen to some music. It is the result of overstimulating the nervous system, causing confusion, that urges people to put into action the beat they have been listening to all evening.

On top of this, there are also subliminal signals. These are exceptionally high signals with a frequency of 30,000 vibrations per second, which is well above the level of human hearing. Listeners cannot hear them as they lie above the frequency range audible to the human ear. These signals stimulate the release of a substance in the brain that has the same effect as drugs. This substance is a natural drug that is produced by the human brain. Individuals feel strange, and the intention is to provoke a need for drugs in them, or the need to continue with the feelings associated with them.

A subliminal control signal without words is biologically and psychologically transmitted to the physical organs of the body through the syncopated beat rhythm which, as previously mentioned, especially affects sexuality. Another means of control is the strobe (flashlight effect) which is connected to the music and drastically reduces the abilities of orientation, judgment and reflex. Notably, moral judgment is diminished, substantially facilitating the intake of subliminal word messages.

Men are helpless against these techniques. Here are some examples: "Fire on High" by the Electric Light Orchestra, played backwards: "Music is reversible, but time is not. Turn back". The Beatles' song "Number Nine" played backwards: "Turn me on dead man!" (an obscene expression against Christ)."

SOURCES: http://www.babylonforsaken.com/christianrock.html
http://www.cai.org/bible-studies/satans-cult-rock-music

I don't agree with everything in the first link. For example, I don't believe drums can't be used to worship God.
I'm not sure if I agree with everything in the other link.

So in that case, why not just exclude the musicians that "give offerings to the devil to gain musical talent" from your music library. You could listen to j-biebs, he has no talent so there was obviously no "devil-deal" there

I don't listen to music that doesn't glorify God, which includes Justin Bieber. In fact, I might not even like to listen to some music, even if it does glorify God - but I don't condemn it because of that. I could still worship with that music if it was being played in some church I went to for example.

Upvote 0

McMatt

Master Debater
May 9, 2013
Canada
✟15,945.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Where is the proof that drum beats "cause switching" in the brain? Don't use a fundamentalist christian site as your resource either. The reason young people feel depression, aggression and rebellion is because theyre young people. Puberty is kicking in and young boys have a hormone called 'testosterone' (not sure if you've heard of it) is kicking in to their system.

On the subject of subliminal signals - that was a thing of the past. Bring me proof that subliminal signals are used THAT commonly in today's music. The fact of the issue is that all of these fundy sites post random bull sh*t to further justify their fundamentalist views and to brainwash the weak of mind because lots of christians carry the "if a christian says it, even though it is against all documented proof, it must be true" mentality.

Again, you are a total fool because of the teachings you believe. You were obviously mislead, and I truly feel sorry for you. You are putting such a restriction on something you meant to enjoy. I would advise you to REALLY do some research into the crap you are following. Look online for credible sources and not things like westboro-esque teachings and then I would consider you a very intelligent individual. You have done your homework, you just used the wrong textbooks

Upvote 0

PaxThroughX

With dead memories in my heart
Jan 27, 2012
America
✟16,168.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I wrote a reply to this, but when I was posting it I got an error.

I'm not sure if that verse in Ezekiel is referring to Satan. But there's other biblical support for it:

(Job 38 NKJV) 6 To what were its foundations fastened?
Or who laid its cornerstone,
7 When the morning stars sang together,
And all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Morning stars = Angels (compare to Revelation 12 about the war in heaven).

Still don't see how Satan is the Choir Director, but ok; opinions are always welcomed beliefs to an individual. It can drain an audience also with condemnation plus false assurance. Am I reading this right? The Moruning Star (yes I know, Satan) and all the sons of....God? ...SHouted for joy...?

What I thought of your blog post: I didn't agree with most of it, I still hold to my opinions.

"Drum beats can cause "switching" to occur in the brain as it loses symmetry between left and right sides. This causes stress and it makes it difficult for a person to distinguish between what is beneficial and what is harmful. In this condition the body usually chooses that which is destructive over that which is therapeutic"

"All records devoted to the Devil are based on the same principles. One of these is the rhythm, also called the beat, which develops according to the movements which occur during sex. The individual suddenly has the feeling of being in a frenzy. This also explains cases of hysteria, which result from the sexual instinct being promoted to a higher level through the beat.

When performed, the volume chosen is deliberately set seven decibels above the tolerance level of the nervous system. This is perfectly calculated: if young people are exposed to this music for a certain length of time, forms of depression, rebellion and aggression set in. They do not know why; because they think they have not done anything except listen to some music. It is the result of overstimulating the nervous system, causing confusion, that urges people to put into action the beat they have been listening to all evening.

On top of this, there are also subliminal signals. These are exceptionally high signals with a frequency of 30,000 vibrations per second, which is well above the level of human hearing. Listeners cannot hear them as they lie above the frequency range audible to the human ear. These signals stimulate the release of a substance in the brain that has the same effect as drugs. This substance is a natural drug that is produced by the human brain. Individuals feel strange, and the intention is to provoke a need for drugs in them, or the need to continue with the feelings associated with them.

A subliminal control signal without words is biologically and psychologically transmitted to the physical organs of the body through the syncopated beat rhythm which, as previously mentioned, especially affects sexuality. Another means of control is the strobe (flashlight effect) which is connected to the music and drastically reduces the abilities of orientation, judgment and reflex. Notably, moral judgment is diminished, substantially facilitating the intake of subliminal word messages.

Men are helpless against these techniques. Here are some examples: "Fire on High" by the Electric Light Orchestra, played backwards: "Music is reversible, but time is not. Turn back". The Beatles' song "Number Nine" played backwards: "Turn me on dead man!" (an obscene expression against Christ)."

'Backmasking is a recording technique in which a sound or message is recorded backward on to a track that is meant to be played forward. Backmasking is a deliberate process, whereas a message found through phonetic reversal may be unintentional.'
Taken from:
Backmasking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah, I'm not liking these links.

Aliester Crowley is without a doubt, the main spiritual "teacher" of rock music. Crowley's mission in life was to destroy Jesus Christ and Christianity, while exalting sexual perversion, drugs, magick and Satan. His mantra was “Do what thou wilt”.

Crowley was not the "Satanic Teacher," for rock or whatever nonsense. He was a philosopher that some rock stars happen to believe or adapt to their lives. Nothing more, nothing less.

Many people have been deceived by Satan into thinking that the lyrics are all that matters in a song. But as we have seen the music and the drums are very important because it is through the beat and rhythm that Satan hypnotically opens the listener up to receive his spirits.

Ok, how many kids do you know listen to rock these days?
The Hot 100 : Page 1 | Billboard
If you notice, there is not one "rock," band. It is either pop, hiphop/rap, country, or pop. To classify it all, mainstream. So with that said. Do you really think the devil would want to influence a genre of music most of the world listens to or just a set of listeners (like myself) listen to?

Pastors and youth leaders without wisdom and the Spirit of discernment have even promoted C-rock as a means to bring ‘youth’ into the Church. But what they are truly doing is causing their ‘youth’ to pass through the false fire of the counterfeit spirit that attends this music into the arms of Molech.

Rock music only lures worldly teenagers to more worldliness. C-Rock creates a counterfeit Christianity where the world is loved, and the ‘believer’ is left without victory over sin because they continually place themselves under the influence of sensual deceiving spirits through the music of C-rock.

Huh? Wow, so a spirit-filled "Christian," can't play a distorted guitar?

Secondly, the music must not sound like or remind people of the world. The music must be secondary to the vocals. And the Rock Beat of Molech should never be present. We cannot worship God with flesh, but in SPIRIT.

Yup, in my opinion, all "worship," music sounds like the top 20 hits radio station. So all music is therefore sinful. If not, than it is a pity justification.

It was a great metal god, with arms outstretched. Fires heated these arms until they were red hot, and children were placed upon them to be consumed as a sacrifice. Drums were played as this terrible worship was conducted to drown the screams of the dying children. It was the most vile and awful form of worship imaginable, and was totally condemned by GOD.

Oh and forgot this. This site said that "Molech," was a metal god. Metal could have described the statue....made of uh metal. The children are screaming because they are dying. Nothing to do with rock or metal, sorry.

Honestly, I don't feel like reading through the other link. Do you really believe all this stuff?

I don't agree with everything in the first link. For example, I don't believe drums can't be used to worship God.
I'm not sure if I agree with everything in the other link.

If you don't agree, why did you post it? Is it worth my time to look through the other link you may or may not believe to be true?

Upvote 0

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok, how many kids do you know listen to rock these days?
The Hot 100 : Page 1 | Billboard
If you notice, there is not one "rock," band. It is either pop, hiphop/rap, country, or pop. To classify it all, mainstream. So with that said. Do you really think the devil would want to influence a genre of music most of the world listens to or just a set of listeners (like myself) listen to?

He wants to influence many kinds of genres.

[/I]Yup, in my opinion, all "worship," music sounds like the top 20 hits radio station. So all music is therefore sinful. If not, than it is a pity justification.

Honestly, I don't feel like reading through the other link. Do you really believe all this stuff?

No I don't believe all the stuff on the site about moloch.

If you don't agree, why did you post it? Is it worth my time to look through the other link you may or may not believe to be true?

To show where I quoted from.

Upvote 0

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Where is the proof that drum beats "cause switching" in the brain? Don't use a fundamentalist christian site as your resource either. The reason young people feel depression, aggression and rebellion is because theyre young people. Puberty is kicking in and young boys have a hormone called 'testosterone' (not sure if you've heard of it) is kicking in to their system.

On the subject of subliminal signals - that was a thing of the past. Bring me proof that subliminal signals are used THAT commonly in today's music. The fact of the issue is that all of these fundy sites post random bull sh*t to further justify their fundamentalist views and to brainwash the weak of mind because lots of christians carry the "if a christian says it, even though it is against all documented proof, it must be true" mentality.

Again, you are a total fool because of the teachings you believe. You were obviously mislead, and I truly feel sorry for you. You are putting such a restriction on something you meant to enjoy. I would advise you to REALLY do some research into the crap you are following. Look online for credible sources and not things like westboro-esque teachings and then I would consider you a very intelligent individual. You have done your homework, you just used the wrong textbooks

I used to have headaches when listening to a lot of metal music and so. It's harmful for us. It obviously has to do with the beats and such.

Calling someone a total fool is slander, a sin which needs to be repented of.

Upvote 0

McMatt

Master Debater
May 9, 2013
Canada
✟15,945.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Put it this way. Would you cut off your tongue because you chose to say a lie? Would you cut off your penis because it gets aroused when a girl touches it? Would you cut off your hands because you were so angry at someone you wanted to murder them?

Music and the ability to enjoy music is just as much a part of contributing to our quality of life as our limbs. If you feel anger because of listening to a genre of music, then the anger problem is with you not the music.

Also, do you really think the loving god in heaven is so narcissistic that he believes you should only listen to music that half heartedly sings "I praise jesus" over and over again? God isnt a pompous prick like that.

God creates every person for a reason and some of those reasons are to sing political songs to make individuals aware of what is going on around them. You cant sing political songs really as a christian band because then no one would care for the music. However they still glorify god by fulfilling their purpose. There are the bands that cover depression and other emotional crap that people go through, which you again can't successfully do singing jesus music. The kids listening to it may not turn to jesus after listening to the music, but some kids do put down the knife they held to their wrists. Getting a kid to do that is glorifying god and you are a fool if you say it isnt

Upvote 0

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Put it this way. Would you cut off your tongue because you chose to say a lie? Would you cut off your penis because it gets aroused when a girl touches it? Would you cut off your hands because you were so angry at someone you wanted to murder them?

Music and the ability to enjoy music is just as much a part of contributing to our quality of life as our limbs. If you feel anger because of listening to a genre of music, then the anger problem is with you not the music.

"My problem" with much music is not that it causes anger, but that it doesn't glorify God, and it's carnal music. I'm zealous for God. In fact, I don't even remember that I ever told anything about anger as a result of listening to music. I've had headaches though.

Also, do you really think the loving god in heaven is so narcissistic that he believes you should only listen to music that half heartedly sings "I praise jesus" over and over again? God isnt a pompous prick like that.

Not all worship songs are being sung half heartedly.

There are the bands that cover depression and other emotional crap that people go through, which you again can't successfully do singing jesus music. The kids listening to it may not turn to jesus after listening to the music, but some kids do put down the knife they held to their wrists. Getting a kid to do that is glorifying god and you are a fool if you say it isnt

People with depression and such can get touched and/or delivered through worship and praise to God too. Before I got saved, I'd be going to a church, and I would almost cry, as I got touched by the worship to God, and the joy there and so. I would feel no desire after inappropriate contentography anymore after I went there.

Yes it would glorify God, I think, but it doesn't mean that the music itself wholly glorifies God. For example, people receiving help with issues through occultism or other evil stuff, doesn't mean that those stuff glorify God.

Upvote 0

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
I

[citation needed]

This sounds like the author thinks listening to metal music makes you disorientated and dizzy.

According to the author, melody and rhythm constitutes music "devoted the devil". This effectively makes all music with the drum as an instrument or with heavy bass utilised as demonic.

Ridiculous.

The author might as well condemn all music per se except Noise.

When performed, the volume chosen is deliberately set seven decibels above the tolerance level of the nervous system. This is perfectly calculated: if young people are exposed to this music for a certain length of time, forms of depression, rebellion and aggression set in.
I'm not depressed, rebellious nor aggressive.

Have been an avid metal listener now coming on to eight years.

They do not know why; because they think they have not done anything except listen to some music. It is the result of overstimulating the nervous system, causing confusion, that urges people to put into action the beat they have been listening to all evening.
This would be more convincing if you actually gave us statistics and documentation that linked more violent and aggressive behavioural impulses with metal music.

All we have now is your insistence that metal listeners are specifically more aggressive, rebellious and aggressive than non-metal listeners. This is unargued for.

What?

Metal music is addictive?

I'd say music could be addictive, possibly. But that's not certainly exclusive to metal. This guy must think Metal is the best genre ever, based on how highly he's talking about it.

I rather agree, ironically.

Wow, this guy must think Metal is the pinnacle of artistic creation.

What a rousing commendation for the genre!

[Though unfortunately his words complete nonsense]

You know none of the artists linked above are metal music.

Upvote 0

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
"My problem" with much music is not that it causes anger, but that it doesn't glorify God, and it's carnal music. I'm zealous for God. In fact, I don't even remember that I ever told anything about anger as a result of listening to music. I've had headaches though.
Probably none of the metal I listen to makes me angry.

Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
If anything the music I listen to makes me less angry, personally.

Now you want a crime against humanity? Most contemporary Christian music. That would make me angry if my production values were that low, lol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PaxThroughX

Jan 27, 2012
America
✟16,168.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
If anything the music I listen to makes me less angry, personally.

Now you want a crime against humanity? Most contemporary Christian music. That would make me angry if my production values were that low, lol.

LOL! I agree. Metal gives me a peace of mind. I think I know what motivated me to go to school to be a Audio Engineer?

Upvote 0

PaxThroughX

Jan 27, 2012
America
✟16,168.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
He wants to influence many kinds of genres.

Sure, but I don't see that in metal. Keep in mind that many metal bands today have members who are Atheists/Agnostics. That are a set of people who don't believe in a devil.

No I don't believe all the stuff on the site about moloch.

Yet you used just about everything on the site to support your biased claim. I find this to be pretty sad.

To show where I quoted from.
Again, you used just about everything from the site to support your statement.

Also, just because it is experience of yours, doesn't mean it is a experience of someone else.

The Vikings founded Greenland many years before Columbus founded America. Both experiences were different with different intentions. Please don't make me have to make a history lesson out of you. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I know it from my own experience.
Your experience isn't everyone's experience, you know.

Some people are put off by metal in general. Other people are indifferent towards music.

I didn't say they were.
No but the guy who wrote that article lumped them in with his tirade against metal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sure, but I don't see that in metal. Keep in mind that many metal bands today have members who are Atheists/Agnostics. That are a set of people who don't believe in a devil.

Well, they are still under the influence of Satan, as I pointed out in the OP.

"Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:" Ephesians 2:2

"Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God." 1 Cor 2:12.

Upvote 0

PaxThroughX

Jan 27, 2012
America
✟16,168.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Well, they are still under the influence of Satan, as I pointed out in the OP.

"Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:" Ephesians 2:2

"Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God." 1 Cor 2:12.

So you think, but keep in mind their is such a thing called neutralism. If you reject something, it doesn't influence you. Ok look at it this way. Say you reject alcohol, but then get arrested for attempt to murder. In the courtroom, you (or your lawyer) say that you were "under the influence of alcohol." Yet, you weren't because you rejected it. So if your not under the influence of "Satan," than you can't say you were. Also, there is this thing called freewill. If we reject the notation that "freewill," doesn't hold us responsible because we are punishing mechanics and chemicals in our brain (as neuroscience holds to believe) then we are not held responsible for our actions we committed. Is that right to just walk from a court room because you were "under the influence," of something?

Upvote 0

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So you think, but keep in mind their is such a thing called neutralism. If you reject something, it doesn't influence you. Ok look at it this way. Say you reject alcohol, but then get arrested for attempt to murder. In the courtroom, you (or your lawyer) say that you were "under the influence of alcohol." Yet, you weren't because you rejected it. So if your not under the influence of "Satan," than you can't say you were. Also, there is this thing called freewill. If we reject the notation that "freewill," doesn't hold us responsible because we are punishing mechanics and chemicals in our brain (as neuroscience holds to believe) then we are not held responsible for our actions we committed. Is that right to just walk from a court room because you were "under the influence," of something?

I don't really understand what you are saying/what your point is. One can't give excuses for his sins.

Upvote 0

PaxThroughX

Jan 27, 2012
America
✟16,168.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I don't really understand what you are saying/what your point is. One can't give excuses for his sins.

Sin and influence are two different words and meanings. What I was trying to say is you can't be influenced by something you reject/hate/disbelieve.

Upvote 0

MeJustMe75

May 23, 2013
✟7,611.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I totally agree with your last statement about how God is in secular music than in most Christian music. I have been a Christian most of my life, I grew up with secular music in my home. My mother raised me on the Beatles, Beach Boys, and some other groups. One thing my parents always stressed to me was that I needed to listen not only with my ears but my heart. If I was to listen to something and it didn't make me feel right then I knew it wasn't right. When I got into my early teens I dedicated my life to playing the guitar. In my late teens and early 20's I played in a couple of different metals bands. When I joined my second band I made it clear that I have a standard of living and faith that I would continue and uphold. Sorry to get off subject, my point is that I love secular metal music! Bands like Megadeth, Killswitch Engage, Black Sabbath (including Ozzy's solo career) and other bands have made my faith stronger. I realized that there is evil in the world but it takes faith and the willingness to do the right things to live a blessed life. I have tried to like "Christian" metal, but something seems fake about it. I'm glad that we have Dave Mustaine, Alice Cooper, and Ozzy on our side. Yes I said Ozzy, not many people want to accept the fact that Ozzy is now a Christian. I have seen a documentary were he talks about his faith and it shows him locking himself in his dressing room and praying.

Upvote 0