A biblical approach to secular music

markb77

Nov 20, 2011
✟16,859.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
And just when I thought this thread could not get any more bizzare.

Guess it's time to take down all those pictures of my wife and daughter. Don't want to live in a house that's full of "idols".

Kingdom, hope you don't mind if I just call you "kingdom", if you don't put up pictures at your house because you consider it idol worship, that's fine for you. Just know that most on these boards don't agree with that point of view and will not be convinced that having a picture of a family member or a friend or whoever on the wall means that they worship that person. Again, please avoid all the picture gazing you feel fit to, if that's what works for you.

Now, enjoy the rest of your day, provided you have the ability to do so.

Upvote 0
Nov 19, 2013
✟7,616.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And just when I thought this thread could not get any more bizzare.

Guess it's time to take down all those pictures of my wife and daughter. Don't want to live in a house that's full of "idols".

Kingdom, hope you don't mind if I just call you "kingdom", if you don't put up pictures at your house because you consider it idol worship, that's fine for you. Just know that most on these boards don't agree with that point of view and will not be convinced that having a picture of a family member or a friend or whoever on the wall means that they worship that person. Again, please avoid all the picture gazing you feel fit to, if that's what works for you.

Now, enjoy the rest of your day, provided you have the ability to do so.

If you can't prove it, then simply admit it.

Upvote 0

markb77

Nov 20, 2011
✟16,859.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If you can't prove it, then simply admit it.

Well, now I'm totally lost. Prove what? That looking at a picture makes me an idol worshiper? Sorry. Not going to happen. I know better than to feed a troll. Best of luck in whatever self righteous universe you choose to live in. I'll leave it to the moderators to decided if you should be allowed to continue posting on these boards.

Upvote 0
Nov 19, 2013
✟7,616.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well, now I'm totally lost. Prove what? That looking at a picture makes me an idol worshiper? Sorry. Not going to happen. I know better than to feed a troll. Best of luck in whatever self righteous universe you choose to live in. I'll leave it to the moderators to decided if you should be allowed to continue posting on these boards.

A man who has no ability to prove that his actions are righteous and not evil has no right to believe himself more worthy to be honoured in a place which he does not own.

If you cannot prove it then you are a transgressor. If you come against me unlawfully or convince others by bearing false testimony of me, I will bear witness against you before God on that last day.

Stop puffing your chest, if you cannot with meat prove that you are in the right, then do it with milk. And if you cannot prove your actions are good by any means then admit it.

Upvote 0

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have a Jerry Jeff Walker poster in my shop. All it is, is a souvenir of an enjoyable event. How is it an idol?

I don't know who that is.

To have a picture of an artist is not necessarily idolatrous. However if you hold the artist as an idol to you, then that's another thing.

Upvote 0

South Bound

I stand with Israel.
Jan 3, 2014
✟31,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know who that is.

Your av says you're 19, so he'd be a little before your time. He's a folk rock singer from the 70s. Extremely popular in Texas and helped to create both the "outlaw" movement, the "cosmic cowboy" movement, and the Texas singer songwriter movement.

Incidentally, if you've seen the movie, American Sniper, in the scenes that take place where young Chris Kyle shares the house with his brother, there's a Jerry Jeff poster similar to the one I have hanging right over his shoulder.

Upvote 0