America
✟8,668.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I've looked at the lyrics, and I can tell that it contains satanic messages.

Mortal Treason - Khampa Nomads - YouTube

Rocks thud against battered bodies. One must die to see life. Take me.
Strike me down. Let me bleed. Let them see. Rejoicing in what's happened to
me. Let my screams attract you all. My call is your great fall. One must
sacrifice his life to save his tribe. Better one than all. Captured by a lie
and put to death by his own brother. Take me in. Strike me down. I will pay
for your life. With my blood and my pain, you will be saved from death. By
my price I paid for your sins on the cross. I will purify you and give you
life. My sin, my shame, takes its toll on my heart. Oh how I long to be
pure. Purify me Lord. Take my pain away. Purify me. Daddy where are you?
Take my pain away. Cover me in your precious blood. I came to this world. I
bled. I will save your soul. I bled. I will give you new life. I bled. I
will give you peace now. I bled.

The world isn't all about rainbows and receiving your very own little pony when you decided to believe God exist. You, of all people, should know this. Look, a christian metal band. It sounds hard because its a metal band. Just like gospel music sounds old because that is what it is. Just as your CCM is pop because it lacks a great deal of composition. Show the piece of "God= glorifying" christian cds to a professional musician. They will give you a piece of their mind.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Personally, I listen to allot of different music. This is one of my favorite Christian bands.

East West - Closure - YouTube

But right now at this very moment I'm listening to a Dubstep mix on YouTube. I don't get to legalistic on this, but there are some songs I won't listen too.

Upvote 0

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Kiddo, you just need a few more years of experience before you can begin to lecture on discernment... Especially when your key deciding factor is because your mum said so

That's not my key deciding factor, even if it's possibly one of them.

Upvote 0

McMatt

Master Debater
May 9, 2013
Canada
✟15,945.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I believe a born-again person will get rid off occult stuff etc, and I believe she was led by God to get rid of the demonic music.

Alright, but how does all non-christian music classify as occult? The vast majority of musicians aren't even occult affiliated

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You said not all non-christian music is demonic. And the bible doesn't state anywhere to only listen to christian music

The secular pop, metal, rock, rap music etc is demonic. The Bible says we are to keep ourselves unspotted from the world (James 1:27).

Upvote 0

McMatt

Master Debater
May 9, 2013
Canada
✟15,945.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The secular pop, metal, rock, rap music etc is demonic. The Bible says we are to keep ourselves unspotted from the world (James 1:27).

You just said not all non-christian music is demonic.

If you were to get more background on James 1, you would understand that this specific section of that chapter is focusing on being quick to anger and keeping your tongue in check, otherwise your religion is flawed and useless.

My big question for you is this: How is non-christian music demonic? Don't just say because they aren't christian or because they aren't making music promoting christianity. I want a real answer as to how it is demonic

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You just said not all non-christian music is demonic.

If you were to get more background on James 1, you would understand that this specific section of that chapter is focusing on being quick to anger and keeping your tongue in check, otherwise your religion is flawed and useless.

My big question for you is this: How is non-christian music demonic? Don't just say because they aren't christian or because they aren't making music promoting christianity. I want a real answer as to how it is demonic

It is usually filled with occult symbolism, sexual immorality, cussing and other wickedness, thus it's demonic.

Did you read what James 1:27 says? We are to keep ourselves unspotted from the world. Doesn't this apply to worldly demonic music too?

Upvote 0

McMatt

Master Debater
May 9, 2013
Canada
✟15,945.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It is usually filled with occult symbolism, sexual immorality, cussing and other wickedness, thus it's demonic.

Not usually. Sometimes. There is a lot of sexualization of women in modern day rap and hip hop, yet not all rap and hip hop sexualizes women. Only a small fraction of artists use occult symbolism, however only a really small fraction of those artists legitimately follow occult teachings. A lot of it is only based on counter-culture. Not all artists swear, however, swearing is just words in the first place. The english language is the only language that recognizes words as swear words.

Did you read what James 1:27 says? We are to keep ourselves unspotted from the world. Doesn't this apply to worldly demonic music too?

No it doesnt. Thats a single verse taken out of context from the rest of the chapter. That section is about controlling your tongue from spreading wickedness and controlling your temper. Basically you are to visit the fatherless and the widows and not bring the baggage of what has happened to you so you wont be quick to anger and ruin your ministry

Upvote 0

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not usually. Sometimes. There is a lot of sexualization of women in modern day rap and hip hop, yet not all rap and hip hop sexualizes women. Only a small fraction of artists use occult symbolism, however only a really small fraction of those artists legitimately follow occult teachings. A lot of it is only based on counter-culture. Not all artists swear, however, swearing is just words in the first place. The english language is the only language that recognizes words as swear words.

Do you believe it pleases God to enjoy listening to filth (swearing)?

What about "A wicked doer giveth heed to false lips; and a liar giveth ear to a naughty tongue." Proverbs 17:4.

Upvote 0

PaxThroughX

With dead memories in my heart
Jan 27, 2012
America
✟8,668.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

What about "A wicked doer giveth heed to false lips; and a liar giveth ear to a naughty tongue." Proverbs 17:4.

Than what is a curse word or what is destructive? Explain the difference? Swearing in The Holy Bible - Spirituality, Religion and Beliefs - Unexplained Mysteries Discussion Forums

Is saying a donkey's behind more of a curse word than exclaiming pain in a physical injury? If you think about it, your not cursing anyone in the circumstances.

Upvote 0

McMatt

Master Debater
May 9, 2013
Canada
✟15,945.00
Faith
Non-Denom

God sees a word as simply a word. What is also looked at is the intent of the word you say and who you direct it against. If I were to say "f-you" then I am cursing at you. If I say "you are an awful person" I am also cursing at you. However, if I stub my toe and yell the f word, is god really going to look at it with a frown on his face? No I am expressing the pain my toe is feeling, just like if I say "ouch".

How exactly can you categorize all non-christian music as "deceitful lips" and "naughty tongues"? Do you have substantiative proof that all musicians are trying to deceive you with their "naughty tongues"?

Upvote 0