Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
He wasn't asking about his orientation...He was asking about being brave.

Your response it to tell the 9 year old to not be brave but to go hide. Why does he need to hide? why can't he be both honest and brave?

By the way. Zach's parents are the one's who brought him to the rally and yes they know and they support and love him no matter what.

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
He wasn't asking about his orientation...He was asking about being brave.

Your response it to tell the 9 year old to not be brave but to go hide. Why does he need to hide? why can't he be both honest and brave?

By the way. Zach's parents are the one's who brought him to the rally and yes they know and they support and love him no matter what.

Well, I guess I should have read the whole thing. I should have realized that the parents were supporting him. But I still believe that sexuality should only be discussed among children and parents.

I am not making a moral statement for or against it on his life. In fact, Paul said that we should not judge non-Christians by Christian standards. And that was not what I was doing. I have nephews and if they talk to me about their girlfriends, I will always tell them to talk to their parent about it. Basically did not believe that sexuality should be discussed between a non-parent and a child.

Now, you asked me why should he hide. Well, as someone who has same-sex attraction, I made the mistake of coming out of the closet. I don't date or even live the lifestyle because of my beliefs, but I did tell people that I was gay. It was a difficult life. Guys always thought I hit on them when I was just being nice. But I never wanted them due to my beliefs. Everything I did was tied to my sexuality. I got the whole just don't hit on me attitude when I never did. You have to be careful in what you say to a guy because they will see that as a hit on.

And if you really want to live by the principles of the Bible, and you have chosen to go to church, the church can be a lonely place for you. Christians will say that you shouldn't refer to yourself as gay, but the way that many of the men treat those who struggle with same-sex attraction is that they are uncomfortable, and it shows. They are friendly, but they won't treat you the same as those that are heterosexuals.

Now, I know that there are some homosexuals who have found places they belong. But that may not always be the case.

I think it is wise to not tell anyone. He will have a hard life.

But you would be right to say that it is not about me. So, I get it.

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well, I guess I should have read the whole thing. I should have realized that the parents were supporting him. But I still believe that sexuality should only be discussed among children and parents.
he wasn't asking about orientation or sexuality. He was asking about bravery.

Now, you asked me why should he hide. Well, as someone who has same-sex attraction, I made the mistake of coming out of the closet. I don't date or even live the lifestyle because of my beliefs, but I did tell people that I was gay.
what lifestyle?

It was a difficult life. Guys always thought I hit on them when I was just being nice. But I never wanted them due to my beliefs. Everything I did was tied to my sexuality. I got the whole just don't hit on me attitude when I never did. You have to be careful in what you say to a guy because they will see that as a hit on.
why do you focus so much on sex?

I think it is wise to not tell anyone. He will have a hard life.
If he does it's not because he is gay or straight or anything, it's because there are people in the world who choose to hate.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
he wasn't asking about orientation or sexuality. He was asking about bravery.

what lifestyle?

why do you focus so much on sex?

If he does it's not because he is gay or straight or anything, it's because there are people in the world who choose to hate.

I don't choose to focus on sex. Other people chose to focus on it. That is why I almost got in trouble because everyone thought that I was hitting on them. I don't think that you are trying understand. But let me just say that you could be right. He was simply asking about bravery.

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't choose to focus on sex.

you are doing it right here in this thread

Other people chose to focus on it. That is why I almost got in trouble because everyone thought that I was hitting on them. I don't think that you are trying understand. But let me just say that you could be right. He was simply asking about bravery.
and how did you respond to the people who thought you were hitting on them? Do you stand up to them and correct them?

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
you are doing it right here in this thread

and how did you respond to the people who thought you were hitting on them? Do you stand up to them and correct them?

We are just going to have to agree to disagree about this.

So, I am going to end this and talk about what we just don't agree on.

You say that I am focusing on sex. I am going to disagree with you and tell you that my focus wasn't on sex but on his safety. So, basically, in your mind I am focusing on sex too much but in my mind I am talking about keeping yourself safe from accusation. So, I don't see it the way that you do.

But you could be completely right that he wasn't trying to focus on his sexuality but simply being brave. It wasn't even about him that I made the comment on. It was about Pete Buttigieg. I still think Pete should have said that the question the kid asked should be a conversation that he should have with his parents. I will always still think that no matter how you said that it wasn't even about his sexuality. No matter what,we will probably not agree on that. I am not going to change your mind and you are not going to change mine. And that is okay but we need to stop trying to change each other's minds.

No, I actually did not stand up to them. I kept myself safe by just not being friendly to men.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We are just going to have to agree to disagree about this.

So, I am going to end this and talk about what we just don't agree on.

You say that I am focusing on sex. I am going to disagree with you and tell you that my focus wasn't on sex but on his safety.
go ahead and count just how many times you used the word sex or sexuality in this thread.

So, basically, in your mind I am focusing on sex too much but in my mind I am talking about keeping yourself safe from accusation. So, I don't see it the way that you do.
accusation of what?

But you could be completely right that he wasn't trying to focus on his sexuality but simply being brave. It wasn't even about him that I made the comment on. It was about Pete Buttigieg. I still think Pete should have said that the question the kid asked should be a conversation that he should have with his parents. I will always still think that no matter how you said that it wasn't even about his sexuality. No matter what,we will probably not agree on that. I am not going to change your mind and you are not going to change mine. And that is okay but we need to stop trying to change each other's minds.

No, I actually did not stand up to them. I kept myself safe by just not being friendly to men.
there is a 9 year old boy in Colorado who could teach you the benefits of being brave

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
go ahead and count just how many times you used the word sex or sexuality in this thread.

accusation of what?

there is a 9 year old boy in Colorado who could teach you the benefits of being brave

Well, okay. If that's how you see it then that's how you see it.

But when I take sexual harassment classes at my work or at my school, they say the word sexual all the time in those classes. And those classes aren't about sex but about keeping people from being victimized and from being accused.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well, okay. If that's how you see it then that's how you see it.

But when I take sexual harassment classes at my work or at my school, they say the word sexual all the time in those classes. And those classes aren't about sex but about keeping people from being victimized and from being accused.

coming out or finding the courage to come out isn't about sex
Sexual harassment is about harassing someone in a sexual manner or in the seeking of sex.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
coming out or finding the courage to come out isn't about sex
Sexual harassment is about harassing someone in a sexual manner or in the seeking of sex.

Okay. I get it.

Maybe I was thinking a little bit too much about sex. But I wasn't trying to.

Anyways, I will be leaving Christian forums for a while at least, or permanently. I am just letting you know because if you have something more to say I wouldn't be able to answer you. Thank you very much for engaging, even though we disagreed. As you can probably tell, I'm not very good at debates and disagreements. I guess that's why I probably shouldn't talk about controversial stuff. I always get owned in a disagreement LOL. It's okay I can handle that. Anyways you have a very good life.

I am just having problems with some of the members of the forums, and it's not you. And I am learning that I need to just get rid of toxic environment. And lately Christian forum has been very toxic I am not saying that I am not to blame. I'm partly to blame for that as well. But you have a very good life and I appreciate the fact that you didn't name call or anything like that. A lot of times when people disagree they just go off on you and start calling you nasty names.

Thank you for having a civil disagreement with me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Okay. I get it.

Maybe I was thinking a little bit too much about sex. But I wasn't trying to.

Anyways, I will be leaving Christian forums for a while at least, or permanently. I am just letting you know because if you have something more to say I wouldn't be able to answer you. Thank you very much for engaging, even though we disagreed. As you can probably tell, I'm not very good at debates and disagreements. I guess that's why I probably shouldn't talk about controversial stuff. I always get owned in a disagreement LOL. It's okay I can handle that. Anyways you have a very good life.

I am just having problems with some of the members of the forums, and it's not you. And I am learning that I need to just get rid of toxic environment. And lately Christian for him has been very toxic for me. I am not saying that I am not to blame. I'm partly to blame for that as well. But you have a very good life and I appreciate the fact that you didn't name call or anything like that. A lot of times when people disagree they just go off on you and start calling you nasty names.

Thank you for having a civil disagreement with me.

Jesse, you make perfect sense. I understood your intent, and agree. They are using young confused kids to sell an agenda.

Ignore those who pick apart your every word. Do not leave, you make valuable posts.

Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟675,211.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am just having problems with some of the members of the forums,

Have you tried the "Ignore" option? It is a wonderful tool and you really only need to ignore a few people to have your whole experience on CF, much more productive and truly meaningful. Not to mention it is more enjoyable when you can avoid those who offer nothing of value and just like to argue.

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesse, you make perfect sense. I understood your intent, and agree. They are using young confused kids to sell an agenda.

Ignore those who pick apart your every word. Do not leave, you make valuable posts.
Who is confused and what agenda?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Thank you very much.:)

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Have you tried the "Ignore" option? It is a wonderful tool and you really only need to ignore a few people to have your whole experience on CF, much more productive and truly meaningful. Not to mention it is more enjoyable when you can avoid those who offer nothing of value and just like to argue.

Thank you.

That is actually very useful. I knew there was an ignore button but I didn't really think of using it. That would probably be a very good idea.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Americans should be outraged at Pete Buttigieg’s public sexualization of children

Pete Buttigieg should have just told him to talk to his parents about it. It wasn't in his place to say anything. He should have said this is a conversation that you need to have with your parents. And yes, this is true about any sexuality.

Thought more of the guy (Pete)
until I read this.

Hope the boy makes it through it all.
I'm sure there will be backlash.

Why is coming out such a big thing?
I don't care what you do.
Be safe with what you share.
And with who you share.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thought more of the guy (Pete)
until I read this.
Why?

What exactly did Buttigieg that so offends you?

Hope the boy makes it through it all.
I'm sure there will be backlash.
I'm sure the kid will be on the receiving end of threats to himself and his family. I'm sure there will be people who recognize him from this and take the opportunity to shout obscenities at him. I'm sure that people will be lying about him and his family for years to come. And let's face it, it will be Christians doing this.

In their eyes this sort of hateful sick behavior is necessary to punish Zach for coming out of the closet and to use the "backlash" they created as a means of terrifying others to stay in the closet.

Why is coming out such a big thing?
Ask the hate groups and their mouth pieces like the Daily Wire and Life Ste News.

• Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0