United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is that a Southern dish?

:) I think it's regionally neutral. I have be careful. Moderation is definitely a virtue when it comes to cheese.

To give, receive or both?

I would say both. I respond to kindness and like to be kind (although, I fall short more than I would like to admit). I just looked and "being kind" isn't one of the official love languages. I realize, I don't think I know what I'm talk about, haha. ^_^

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Looks like the puppy has competition in the swag department

*Swagging my tail*

. I have a lot of adrenaline.

Me too! I was a very hyper kid and that nervous energy hasn't lessened yet.

try to wait until the hunger sensation kicks in. Sometimes I have to force the issue

You exercise though right? Have you ever tried doing burpees? These things are the single most best exercise you can do using just your own body! You will be hungry after doing 100, or even half, depending on how fit you are.
Burpee (exercise) - Wikipedia

Now you're waxing metaphysical. Okay, Neo.

He's the Weaver, I'm the twine.

PS. I'm having fried fish today. :p

Oh wow! Adrenaline junkie, huh!

:ok:

Last edited:
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
:) I think it's regionally neutral. I have be careful. Moderation is definitely a virtue when it comes to cheese.

PH,

I won’t tell if you won’t. Cheese is a wonderful indulgence. Once bite is never enough.

I would say both. I respond to kindness and like to be kind (although, I fall short more than I would like to admit). I just looked and "being kind" isn't one of the official love languages. I realize, I don't think I know what I'm talk about, haha. ^_^

On the giving end, I think acts of service ranks pretty high. You were always doing something for others. On the receiving end, words of affirmation sounds right. :)

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Becca,

My GTD is a little off. I had a back treatment and needed to rest for a couple of weeks. The projects were on hold and I couldn't do much at all. I'm trying to reboot my mojo.

Well there is always digital decluttering and other things that need to get done but don't require physical effort, but at the same time, there is a great deal to be said for having an opportunity for "sabbath rest" and healing and not being in a go, go, go, get things done mindset!

You mentioned reading earlier. Do you like specific genres? I'm always on the hunt for something good. :)

I'm the type of person who will read practically anything that is put in front of me and read everything from classic literature all the way over to trashy romances. Fiction, non-Fiction and everything in between! My current big read for fiction is Don Quixote as it's one of those novels I never did get around to reading in the past, so I'm making up for it now! I also just finished reading Interior Castle by Teresa de Avila as I'm signed up for an online class that's starting tomorrow through the Center for Action and Contemplation. And also have about five or six other various books going at different stages. :)

I've never played it. Do you play on a console or computer?

I'm playing Fallout 4 (and most other games) on the Xbox One. I do have a desktop computer that I've used for PC games and have a huge library of unplayed games on Steam, Origin, U-Play, etc., but I would need to upgrade the video card and probably the motherboard/CPU before it really could do justice to current games. However, I really don't like sitting at a desk for too long, so I really prefer console (and using a controller) and so have only replaced the UPS when the old one died and added another 4GB of memory since I was pulling out the UPS anyway.

Upvote 0

Sif

Nov 11, 2015
Rocky Mountain Region
✟307,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
What is your greatest strength? Determination
A funny habit nobody knows you have? Sleep with a knife under my pillow (it's in a sheath)
Favorite pig out food? Wild boar (Don't get it that often)
Best thing you’ve learned/are learning about God? Just beginning to explore the Beatitudes and read and learn more of Christianity
When you’re feeling low; what cheers you up? Either a long walk alone in the wilderness or a good times with friends

Optional Question: What’s your love language? Quality Time

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Becca,

Ugh! I’m avoiding my photo folder. Never mind the bookmarks. That would be a good project for 2021. :D

Might have to use the "eat an elephant" approach. :)

My woodworking instructor offered to put the Ikea stuff together. So I’m back on track. I need a dedicated wall for video recording. Hopefully we’ll have it done in a week or two.

Fantastic! I love that feeling of being back on track. When I have stuff that needs putting together, I usually put on a video I've been wanting to watch, or sometimes a podcast.

My reading is really diverse but I’m trying to reign myself in because I should be focusing on lifestyle topics. But there’s a lot of good stuff out there!

I don't like that word "should!"

Don Quixote is on my classics reading challenge. But I don’t think I’ll get to it this year. I want to wrap up Proust and will aim to finish him by early winter. The Interior Castle is quite good. I hope you enjoy the class.

Thanks! It started yesterday and seems good so far! It's supposed to be an "experiential" sort of class, which intrigued me.

I frequently read several books at a time but that’s rarely the plan.

I rarely intend to read as many books at one time as I do, especially since I believe that humans are horrible at multitasking and do much better when focused on one thing at a time, but I have yet to succeed. My goal is one fiction and one non-fiction at any one time, but so far, so bad. :)

Upvote 0

Hawthorne

CF Singles High Council
Sep 1, 2005
Going to and fro and up and down in the earth.
✟44,826.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
What is your greatest strength? Either my memory and recall or my meticulousness.

A funny habit nobody knows you have? My secret sins.

Favorite pig out food? Roast chicken with salt from the Shire.

Best thing you’ve learned/are learning about God? Being that God tends to goodness, love, and mercy as easily as we tend to wickedness. It is a great comfort.

When you’re feeling low; what cheers you up? My cats.

Bonus Question! What is your love language? Acts of service.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This thread was inspired by recent comments by members of the community. The purpose is simple. Answer five questions about yourself and look at the other responses. This is an opportunity to meet others and learn a little bit about them. :)

Questions

What is your greatest strength?
A funny habit nobody knows you have?
Favorite pig out food?
Best thing you’ve learned/are learning about God?
When you’re feeling low; what cheers you up?

Optional Question: What’s your love language? If you don’t know here’s the test.

Enjoy!

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

What is your greatest strength?
My Mind and loyalty

A funny habit nobody knows you have?
Talking to GOD when I'm out and about.

Favorite pig out food?
Couldn't choose one.
Chinese Food, Gelato, Basic fresh real Pizza with rocket, olive oil and black pepper, Chargrilled Chicken breast kebabs with lots of salad, garlic mayo and chilli.

Best thing you’ve learned/are learning about God?
Follow only GOD the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ with the Help of the Holy Spirit.

When you’re feeling low; what cheers you up?
Knowing GOD's love.
This world has thrown everything at me and I'm still standing, only because of GOD and HIS love.

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him

Peace be with all those in the body of Christ

Upvote 0