SOUTH CAROLINA
✟11,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
1. at least 25 fulfilled, Old Testament predictions of this Messiah's coming. To accurately predict this requires total control over the future events and the power to make them happen; ergo knowledge and power. (Isaiah 7.14;9.6; Micah 5.2)
2. supernatural conception (aka Virgin Birth) of Jesus (Luke 1.26-38). This is predicted in advance. God's Holy Spirit power brings it to pass.
3. Jesus lived a sinless life. (2 Cor 5.21; 1 Ptr 1.18-19)
4. Jesus the Savior died for His followers--fully paid for their sins.
5. Jesus forgives sin, removes the guilt. (Jn 8.32; Matt 11.28-30; Jn 10.10).
6. Promises eternal life as a FREE gift (Rom 6.23; Jn 6.37;10.28; 1 Jn 2.25;Tit 3.5)
7. Resurrected bodily from the grave
8. Co-creator of nature - Jn 1.1-3; Col 1.16-17; Heb 1.2,10)

JOYFUL-ONE

Dec 11, 2017
SOUTH CAROLINA
✟11,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I wouldn't call all of these unique. Virgin pregnancies, for example, are part of many myths, often predating christianity by centuries.
If it was shown to be true, really true(!) that Jesus( and His Father Creator) did exist would you follow Him?

Upvote 0

JOYFUL-ONE

Dec 11, 2017
SOUTH CAROLINA
✟11,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi @JOYFUL-ONE , welcome to the forums! Is there anything in particular about this you wanted to discuss?
Yes. I find LDS elders I've talked to do not grasp eternal difference in cheap grace and true salvation by grace. (BTW, i like the comedy series on BYUTV Studio C. Familiar with it?)

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
If it was shown to be true, really true(!) that Jesus( and His Father Creator) did exist would you follow Him?
Propably not, I already have another diety that I follow and am pretty sure exists.

And please don't take this the wrong way, but I've seen a lot of forum users like you. You just joined the forum and start posting threads about how great and non-nonexistant your diety is, and now you'll propably want to engage some poor nonbeliever in dialogue and convert him to the joy of the good news and so forth. I'm not really interested in conversion, but I'm sure you'll find someone else sooner or later.

Reactions: ShamashUruk
Upvote 0

JOYFUL-ONE

Dec 11, 2017
SOUTH CAROLINA
✟11,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Propably not, I already have another diety that I follow and am pretty sure exists.

And please don't take this the wrong way, but I've seen a lot of forum users like you. You just joined the forum and start posting threads about how great and non-nonexistant your diety is, and now you'll propably want to engage some poor nonbeliever in dialogue and convert him to the joy of the good news and so forth. I'm not really interested in conversion, but I'm sure you'll find someone else sooner or later.
Hmmm... If turned off I'm wondering why you are attracted to this Christian website and this forum?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Hmmm... If turned off I'm wondering why you are attracted to this Christian website and this forum?
Mostly for the discussion boards about politics, ethics, the news and so on.

There was a time when I was seriously doing some religious searching and researching. That's why I joined this place. That time is over, but I've stayed for the company.

Upvote 0

JOYFUL-ONE

Dec 11, 2017
SOUTH CAROLINA
✟11,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Mostly for the discussion boards about politics, ethics, the news and so on.

There was a time when I was seriously doing some religious searching and researching. That's why I joined this place. That time is over, but I've stayed for the company.
What do you like about the 'company'?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
What do you like about the 'company'?
Just different viewpoints concerning various topics. If you want to learn more, you can read the discussion boards for yourself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JOYFUL-ONE

Dec 11, 2017
SOUTH CAROLINA
✟11,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Just different viewpoints concerning various topics. If you want to learn more, you can read the discussion boards for yourself.
OK. If you are not open (tolerant?) to discuss my views, I'm curious about your deity? Would you discuss it?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon

I can't speak for Nithavela, but I will also say that forums are best for conversing with people and letting one's light shine through actions rather than preaching. I too have been subjugated to countless and countless people whose sole purpose is to blindly try to convince me there particular religious views are the best. Such conversations get tiring or "hit the skip button" at best, or downright disrespectful at worse.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
Yes. I find LDS elders I've talked to do not grasp eternal difference in cheap grace and true salvation by grace.
I totally believe that. LDS frequently stumble and understanding other people's beliefs, just as Baptists stumble with non-Baptists, etc. I think it's part of the fallen human condition to be self centered, and I try really hard to combat that in myself at least.
(BTW, i like the comedy series on BYUTV Studio C. Familiar with it?)
Totally! I like it :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,975.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn't call all of these unique. Virgin pregnancies, for example, are part of many myths, often predating christianity by centuries.
Can you name one definitive example of a virgin birth predating the Gospels?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Can you name one definitive example of a virgin birth predating the Gospels?
Well, I can't tell you of an example of something like that happening, because I don't think it's possible.

But the myths predate christianity. Examples would be several greek gods like Hephaestus, Krishna, Horus, Marjatta, the list goes on.

Really, if one wanted to make a mythical figure special, strange circumstances around the birth and pregnancy were very common.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,975.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Well, I can't tell you of an example of something like that happening, because I don't think it's possible.

But the myths predate christianity. Examples would be several greek gods, like Hephaestus, Krishna, Horus, Marjatta, the list goes on.

What is the primary source for Horus' virgin birth that matches our accounts in the Gospels? Or any of them?

• Winner
Reactions: Uber Genius
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
What is the primary source for Horus' virgin birth that matches our accounts in the Gospels? Or any of them?
I'm not an egytologist or great expert in history, and a quick google search mostly came up with christian sites that were written to disprove such a claim. I currently have no time to look into this, am a bit busy and it's getting late. I'll take a closer look tomorrow.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

Why are you even interested in saying anything on a Christian forum?

BTW virgin 'myths' may be plenty, but an actual virgin 'birth' is unique.
Look into it, you might be surprised and pleased with our Savior.

Upvote 0