Visit site
✟1,357,541.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe. All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day. For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.” (John 6:35-40 ESV)

In John 1 we read that Jesus Christ is the Word, and that the Word was with God in the beginning, and the Word was/is God. And he is our creator God. Now we read that Jesus Christ is the bread of life. And bread is food, and we as humans need food and water in order to survive, to live. But this food is spiritual, not physical food, and it is Jesus Christ and it is his Word. We must partake in him and get our sustenance for our spiritual lives from him and from his word, and we must put that word into daily practice.

Now, this English translation of some of these words does not give the proper verb tense, so there it is good if we can look these words up in a Greek interlinear to see the verb tense and what the words really mean. And I recommend the one at biblehub.com.

So, when Jesus said, “whoever comes to me shall not hunger,” the verb is “coming” which is present tense and indicating something that is continuous. And when he said, “and whoever believes in me shall never thirst,” the word is “believing,” and it is also present tense indicating something that is ongoing. These are not past tense verbs, in other words, so this is not speaking of someone who once came to Jesus and who once believed in Jesus because he once made a profession of faith in Jesus Christ.

And it is critical that we understand that, for that makes all the difference in how we understand and apply Jesus’ words to our lives. For we don’t have the promise of salvation from sin and the hope of eternal life with God in heaven based upon a one time profession of faith in Jesus Christ. We must keep coming to him, and we must continue believing in him. And belief is of God, it comes from God, it is gifted to us by God, it is persuaded of God, and it is not of our own doing, not of the will nor of the flesh of man.

[Hebrews 12:1-2; John 1:12-13; John 6:44; Ephesians 2:8-10]

And since this belief (faith) is of God, gifted to us by God, and persuaded of God, it is going to be of the character of God, and it will align with God’s will and purpose for our lives. And the Scriptures teach that genuine faith in Jesus Christ is shown by the forsaking of our sins, and by self-denial, and by us following our Lord Jesus in obedience to his commands (New Covenant) in holy living. The Scriptures teach that faith = obedience and that disobedience = unbelief. For if sin is what we practice, and not obedience, and not righteousness, then we will not inherit eternal life with God.

And Jesus said that if anyone would come after him, he must deny self, take up his cross daily (die daily to sin) and follow (obey) him. For if we hold on to our old lives of living in sin and for self, we will lose them for eternity. But if for Jesus’ sake we deny self, die daily to sin, and follow him in walks of obedience to him, then we have eternal life with God. And he said that not everyone who says to him, “Lord, Lord,” will enter the kingdom of heaven but the one DOING God’s will (Luke 9:23-26; Matthew 7:21-23).

When Jesus said, “and whoever comes to me I will never cast out,” the word is “coming,” which is present tense and indicates something in process, not something past tense. So, if you made a decision to believe in Jesus Christ, and someone told you that all your sins are forgiven (past, present, and future), and now heaven is guaranteed for you, and it can’t be taken away, but they do not teach you the conditions of those promises and that we must keep coming to him, and keep believing in him, and so you have continued in sin, please know that Jesus will cast you out if you remain there.

Far too many people are applying the promises of God to their lives based on a half-truth, which is a lie, when they don’t meet those conditions for those promises to apply to their lives. And you don’t have to have access to a Greek interlinear to realize that all God’s promises have conditions, for those conditions are taught to us plainly all throughout the New Testament. Same applies to the fact that our salvation is continuous. That is taught all throughout the New Testament, too, for we must be obeying our Lord, and we must be walking in his ways, and we must not be practicing sin.

And the same applies to the promise that Christ should lose nothing of all that God the Father has given to him, and that everyone “believing” in him should have eternal life and God will raise him up in the last day. For it is only those who are obeying the Lord, and who are dying to sin, and who are living morally pure, upright, godly, honest, and faithful lives, to the glory of God, and who are no longer walking in sin who have the hope of heaven as their eternal destiny and eternal life with God. This is what the Scriptures teach on this subject, so please know what the Scriptures teach:

[Matt 7:21-23; Matt 24:9-14; Lu 9:23-26; Rom 1:18-32; Rom 2:6-8; Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-14,24; Rom 12:1-2; Rom 13:11; 1 Co 6:9-10,19-20; 2 Co 5:10,15,21; 1 Co 1:18; 1 Co 15:1-2; 2 Tim 1:8-9; Heb 9:28; 1 Pet 1:5; Gal 5:16-21; Gal 6:7-8; Eph 2:8-10; Eph 4:17-32; Eph 5:3-6; Col 1:21-23; Col 3:5-17; 1 Pet 2:24; Tit 2:11-14; 1 Jn 1:5-9; 1 Jn 2:3-6,24-25; 1 Jn 3:4-10; Heb 3:6,14-15; Heb 10:23-31; Heb 12:1-2; Rev 21:8,27; Rev 22:14-15]

Lamb of God

By Twila Paris / Michael Paul Bethany / Kevin Turner

Your only Son no sin to hide
But You have sent Him from Your side
To walk upon this guilty sod
And to become the Lamb of God

Your gift of love they crucified
They laughed and scorned Him as he died
The humble King they named a fraud
And sacrificed the Lamb of God

I was so lost I should have died
But You have brought me to Your side