United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Maybe you missed the following post:
Hopes this helps ...
DaDad

Not helping -- when God says "knowledge shall be increased and men shall run to and fro" we can "delete his text" until he says "airplane" or "rocket"????

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It was God's command that Jerusalem should be rebuilt.
  • Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;
  • 25 That frustrateth the tokens of the liars, and maketh diviners mad; that turneth wise men backward, and maketh their knowledge foolish;
  • 26 That confirmeth the word of his servant, and performeth the counsel of his messengers; that saith to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be inhabited; and to the cities of Judah, Ye shall be built, and I will raise up the decayed places thereof:
It was through Cyrus that the command was issued.
  • Isaiah 44:27 That saith to the deep, Be dry, and I will dry up thy rivers:
  • 28 That saith of Cyrus, He is my shepherd, and shall perform all my pleasure: even saying to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be built; and to the temple, Thy foundation shall be laid.
Cyrus understood this.

• Ezra 1:2 Thus saith Cyrus king of Persia, The LORD God of heaven hath given me all the kingdoms of the earth; and he hath charged me to build him an house at Jerusalem, which is in Judah.

True.

But Ezra 6:14 says it was the "Command of God" that was fulfilled by a 3 part command from Cyrus, Darius, and Artaxerxes.

Ezra 6:14 And the elders of the Jews were successful in building through the prophesying of Haggai the prophet and Zechariah the son of Iddo. And they finished building according to the command of the God of Israel and the decree of Cyrus, Darius, and Artaxerxes king of Persia

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Ummmmmmm, --
“... as Young points out, the word ‘sevens’ is in the masculine plural instead of the usual feminine plural. No clear explanation is given except that Young feels ‘it was for the deliberate purpose of calling attention to the fact that the word “sevens” is employed in an unusual sense.’”

So then they admit they are floundering for a way out of their dilemma.. How "instructive"

“...Young finally concludes after some discussion that Keil and Kliefoth are correct when they hold that the word ‘sevens’ does not necessarily mean year-weeks, but an intentionally indefinite designation of a period of time

so the 70 non-weeks of no-actual-time-at-all as the "time" that is allotted??.

Looks like guesswork piled into creative-writing.

No! They're holding on to the FACTS, even though they haven't been able figure out the significance.

not in real life. :)

In Real life - all Bible timelines are contiguous as Daniel 9:1-4 points out.

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
... we can "delete his text" until he says "airplane" or "rocket"????
... or certainly discount HIS text ...

... we can "delete his text" until he says "airplane" or "rocket"????
... or ~helicopter, ~tank, ~computer, or any other depictions which ARE FOUND IS SCRIPTURE, because obviously those "literal" terms are not found in Scripture.

As some posters apparently defend ...

Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Looks like guesswork piled into creative-writing.​
I can only tell you what Scripture actually says. If you like the lies of the commentators, then good luck. -- But it's hard to build a house on sand.

Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
... In Real life - all Bible timelines are contiguous as Daniel 9:1-4 points out.
Are there two of you? There must be, because I'm getting answers to issues that haven't even been raised.

Could you send the "other" guy, because things are getting worse.

Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Ummmmmmm, --
“... as Young points out, the word ‘sevens’ is in the masculine plural instead of the usual feminine plural. No clear explanation is given except that Young feels ‘it was for the deliberate purpose of calling attention to the fact that the word “sevens” is employed in an unusual sense.’”

So then they admit they are floundering for a way out of their dilemma.. How "instructive"

“...Young finally concludes after some discussion that Keil and Kliefoth are correct when they hold that the word ‘sevens’ does not necessarily mean year-weeks, but an intentionally indefinite designation of a period of time

so the 70 non-weeks of no-actual-time-at-all as the "time" that is allotted??.

Looks like guesswork piled into creative-writing.

No! They're holding on to the FACTS, even though they haven't been able figure out the significance.

not in real life. :)

In Real life - all Bible timelines are contiguous as Daniel 9:1-4 points out.

I can only tell you what Scripture actually says.

That would be a welcome scenario

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Maybe you missed the following post:
Hopes this helps ...
DaDad

Not helping -- when God says "knowledge shall be increased and men shall run to and fro" we can "delete his text" until he says "airplane" or "rocket"????

... or certainly discount HIS text ...

As you wish ... you have free will.

I choose the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The fact that the building was stalled is not a valid point as it was the the publication of God's command that was the starting point of the 70 weeks,

And in God's Word - that 3-part decree required the act of Cyrus, Darius and Artaxerxes.

Ezra 6:14 And the elders of the Jews were successful in building through the prophesying of Haggai the prophet and Zechariah the son of Iddo. And they finished building according to the command of the God of Israel and the decree of Cyrus, Darius, and Artaxerxes king of Persia

What a wreck it was until Artaxerxes -

see Nehemiah 2

13 And I went out by night through the Valley Gate to the Serpent Well and the Refuse Gate, and viewed the walls of Jerusalem which were broken down and its gates which were burned with fire.

And it came to pass in the month of Nisan, in the twentieth year of King Artaxerxes, when wine was before him, that I took the wine and gave it to the king. Now I had never been sad in his presence before. 2 Therefore the king said to me, “Why is your face sad, since you are not sick? This is nothing but sorrow of heart.”

So I became dreadfully afraid, 3 and said to the king, “May the king live forever! Why should my face not be sad, when the city, the place of my fathers’ tombs, lies waste, and its gates are burned with fire?”

Nehemiah Views the Wall of Jerusalem
11 So I came to Jerusalem and was there three days. 12 Then I arose in the night, I and a few men with me; I told no one what my God had put in my heart to do at Jerusalem; nor was there any animal with me, except the one on which I rode. 13 And I went out by night through the Valley Gate to the Serpent Well and the Refuse Gate, and viewed the walls of Jerusalem which were broken down and its gates which were burned with fire.

---- now as for Daniel 9

25 “Know therefore and understand,
That from the going forth of the command
To restore and build Jerusalem
Until Messiah the Prince,
There shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks;
The street shall be built again, and the wall,
Even in troublesome times.

The decree - was a 3 part decree

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
... when God says "knowledge shall be increased and men shall run to and fro" we can "delete his text" until he says "airplane" or "rocket"????
I choose the Bible.

See, -- I think there's two of you because one says to "delete his text", and the other says "I choose the Bible".

Please have a discussion between yourselves and give me only ONE position.

Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
See, -- I think there's two of you because one says to "delete his text", and the other says "I choose the Bible".

One says it is foolish to delete God's text on such a flimsy excuse as "we did not find the word AIRPLANE in the Bible" -- and then says "I choose the Bible".

Real life matters.

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One says it is foolish to delete God's text on such a flimsy excuse as "we did not find the word AIRPLANE in the Bible" -- and then says "I choose the Bible".

Real life matters.
Well I'm glad to finally clear that up, and that all three of us agree. ;)

Do you think we can convince others that Scripture does not have to say ~mass transit~ for us to believe that Daniel is depicting the end times?

Daniel 12:4 ... Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.”

... and also do you think we should perceive that computers are cited in this verse, and is included in the calculation used to identify the a/c?

Rev. 13:18 This calls for wisdom: let him who has understanding reckon the number of the beast, for it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty-six.

... which would cover BOTH of Daniel's references?

Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well I'm glad to finally clear that up, and that all three of us agree. ;)

Do you think we can convince others that Scripture does not have to say ~mass transit~ for us to believe that Daniel is depicting the end times?

Daniel 12:4 ... Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.”

Indeed I do think that.

... and also do you think we should perceive that computers are cited in this verse, and is included in the calculation used to identify the a/c?

Rev. 13:18 This calls for wisdom: let him who has understanding reckon the number of the beast, for it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty-six.

... which would cover BOTH of Daniel's references?

"cited"?? I think you are mixing your metaphors.

Computers are not mentioned in Rev 13.

Which does not mean that computers cannot exist - but Rev 13 is not talking about computers.

on the other hand your reference to -- Daniel 12:4 ... Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.”

Could indeed "include" the technology that we have in computer science.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Indeed I do think that.
Great to hear.

"cited"?? I think you are mixing your metaphors.
Daniel 12:4 ... and knowledge shall increase.”
What makes this possible without computers and the internet?

Computers are not mentioned in Rev 13.
Using the SAME methodology to "calculate" the number of the a/c's name, you can sum "Computer" to 666. -- And it's not a "coincidence".
Furthermore "binary" in-and-of-itself appears to validate the Rev. 13 premise and methodology.

Which does not mean that computers cannot exist - but Rev 13 is not talking about computers.
Is this the "other" guy again? I wish the two of you were "on the same page". -- Would you please send the first guy back?

on the other hand your reference to -- Daniel 12:4 ... Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.” Could indeed "include" the technology that we have in computer science.
Exactly the angel's reference.

Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Dan 12:4
(4) But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

The popular teaching that the knowledge has to do with modern technology like computers or the Internet. This is wrong.

At the time Daniel 12 was written, the New Testament was not written yet. The words being closed up and sealed till the "time of the end" are referring to the New Testament and the time when God revealed the final revelation to Apostle John on Patmos. Even Bible commentaries understood this:

"Daniel's desire of knowing more is thus deferred "till the time of the end." John's Revelation in part reveals what here is veiled" (see on [1112]Da 12:4; [1113]Da 8:26)." Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Commentary

The time of the end is actually the time of the Revelation of Christ.

Rom 16:25-26
(25) Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
(26) But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Christ came to bring in the new dispensation with New Testament which is the LAST DAYS, the time of this revealing and salvation to the world possible, not just the Jews.

Isa 2:2-3
(2) And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
(3) And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

Joh 16:13-14
(13) Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
(14) He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.​

In other words, because Christ died, the mystery that was sealed in the Book would now be made manifest or made known. The Lamb of Judah was the only one "Qualified" (because He is without sin) to bring the Revelation of this book to us, via the Spirit. Thus the Revelation of the Book is unsealed for us. Through His death, Resurrection, and sending of the Spirit of Revealing. The word of the Book kept a secret is what Paul also spoke about in Romans. Again...

Romans 16:25-26
  • "Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the Revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
  • But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:"
A Mystery (secret) is that which was kept sealed that we not understand. Now being manifest is Christ coming and making it known by (symbolically) unsealing the Book. This is the Book that the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed [nikao], (conquered or overcome), to loose the seals and open, that the truth of this mystery is made known to us that our knowledge about Christ and His kingdom shall increase. Nothing to do with our ability to built technologies which is silly and unbiblical anyway.

This Book simply illustrates the "Revelation" of the Word of God. In other words, God is now revealing things that were before not understood in scripture. As was illustrated also in the Book of Daniel

Daniel 12:4
  • "But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and Seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased."
This Book signifies the revelation of God, the prophecy of God that was kept from being understood, even Daniel the Prophet, until the time of the end, when the seal would be loosed and the servants of God would "then understand" the secret or mystery.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Great to hear.

I think I already agreed that the Daniel 12:4 statement could easily include such things.

Using the SAME methodology to "calculate" the number of the a/c's name, you can sum "Computer" to 666. -- And it's not a "coincidence".

Whaaaat?

Symbol I V X L C D M
Value 1 5 10 50 100 500 1,000

CoMputer
C = 100
M = 1000
======
that's 1100

How is it that 1100 looks like 666???

Furthermore "binary" in-and-of-itself appears to validate the Rev. 13 premise and methodology.

Whaaaat??

bInary
I = 1.
How is it that 1 looks like 666?

Upvote 0