Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You may have peace and security, I have it too, but many many of our Christian brethren don't.
Part of the problem is false teaching from the modern church. It's certainly not that Jesus failed to fulfill God's promises spoken through His prophets.

• Agree
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Only as we gather into our heritage, the holy Land, will this promise be for everyone. Proved by how the Lord destroys the huge army from the North, that will attack us, Ezekiel 38 to 39
Jesus claimed the promise was for ALL going back to the days of His ministry on earth.......so it's certainly not based on any future event

John 7:37
On the last and greatest day of the feast, Jesus stood up and called out in a loud voice, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink."

Isaiah 55:1 and 3

Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you without money, come, buy, and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost!

3Incline your ear and come to Me;

listen, so that your soul may live.

I will make with you an everlasting covenant—

My loving devotion promised to David

The video I shared earlier addresses Ezekiel 34, 38 and 39 and it's short and easy to listen to:

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,263.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Part of the problem is false teaching from the modern church. It's certainly not that Jesus failed to fulfill God's promises spoken through His prophets.
God's Promises never fail, but they may take longer to be fulfilled than we think.
His promise of peace and security for all the born again Christians, remains to be fulfilled. In the meantime, some are safe but others still face trials and testing.
Only as we gather to live in our own nation, Isaiah 62:1-5, Isaiah 66:7-14, will we have real peace and security under the new Covenant with the Lord.

Jesus claimed the promise was for ALL going back to the days of His ministry on earth.......so it's certainly not based on any future event

John 7:37
On the last and greatest day of the feast, Jesus stood up and called out in a loud voice, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink."
That Promise is for Salvation.
listen, so that your soul may live.
I will make with you an everlasting covenant—
Isaiah 55:12-13 goes on to say how the Lord's faithful people will go joyfully into a regenerated holy Land.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
His promise of peace and security for all the born again Christians, remains to be fulfilled.

Colossians 1:20
And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
Hebrews 13:20
Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

His peace comes through the Blood of the Everlasting Covenant.

Yours doesn't.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
God's Promises never fail, but they may take longer to be fulfilled than we think.
It doesn't matter what we expect. His promises are always on time. Take notice of the many times Jesus said, " my time has not yet come".

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
In the meantime, some are safe but others still face trials and testing.
Our peace is completely a separate issue from any trials. God instructed His disciples to *expect* trial and tribulation. Most of the disciples were murdered.....so that only proves the Truth of Jesus's words.

• Winner
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,263.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
His peace comes through the Blood of the Everlasting Covenant.
Our peace is completely a separate issue from any trials.
What is being discussed here is when will the new Covenant happen. Not the peace we get from the assurance of our Salvation.

I posted the prophesies that showed when the Lord will make the new Covenant with His faithful people, in #432.
Until they are addressed, the side tracking and obfuscations here are just wasted space and seen by others here as your sneaky attempts to discredit me.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What is being discussed here is when will the new Covenant happen. Not the peace we get from the assurance of our Salvation.

I posted the prophesies that showed when the Lord will make the new Covenant with His faithful people, in #432.
Until they are addressed, the side tracking and obfuscations here are just wasted space and seen by others here as your sneaky attempts to discredit me.

What others see here are your claims which are entirely alien to historic orthodox Christianity.

They are the claims of cultism and modernist delusionism.

They are discredited by the testimony of Scripture, and by those of faith, vision, and sacrifice who have defended that testimony through the ages.

They are discredited by the fulfillment of His Blood of His New Covenant in the lives of those who believe, receive, and experience that fulfillment.

In its reality and totality.

Every day since Calvary.

And every day until He returns.

• Winner
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,263.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What others see here are your claims which are entirely alien to historic orthodox Christianity.
What I presented was Bible prophesies. You fail to address them and you call scripture: 'cultism'.
Here they are again, they are all in the context of the end times, when the faithful people of God will live in the holy land;
Ezekiel 34:25 I shall make a Covenant with them for their peace and prosperity....

Isaiah 61:8..... I will grant them a sure reward and make an everlasting Covenant with them.

Isaiah 59:20-21 The Lord will come as a Redeemer to Zion and to those descended from Jacob who repent of their rebellion. This is the Covenant I will make with them: My Spirit will abide with them thru all the following generations.

Jeremiah 32:37-40 I shall gather My people from all the lands where they now live......I will make and everlasting Covenant with them, it will be a joy for Me to do them good.

Ezekiel 37:26 [After the Spiritual regeneration and the rejoining of the tribes] I shall make an everlasting Covenant with them, for their peace and prosperity and their numbers will greatly increase. I will put My Sanctuary in their midst, where it will remain for all time.

People who believe the new Covenant is now, are the deluded ones.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jeffweedaman

Nov 22, 2020
PROSPECT
✟82,293.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 59:20-21 The Lord will come as a Redeemer to Zion and to those descended from Jacob who repent of their rebellion. This is the Covenant I will make with them: My Spirit will abide with them thru all the following generations.

He has come as redeemer, and to those who repent he will give his Spirit.

Jn 7
38 The one who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, ‘From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.’”
But this He said in reference to the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive; for the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,263.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You all exhibit a total failure to even understand what the new Covenant will be about.
The only situation in which it can be made between the Lord and His faithful people, is when they have departed from the nations and are living in the holy Land. Until this is understood, then confusion reigns.

At the great gathering into the promised Land, as described to us by the prophets, the Lord’s righteous people: every faithful Christian, will march proudly to music as they enter their heritage. Ephesians 1:10-14
Their Redeemer and Deliverer is waiting to show them His favor, He will guide and protect them, in the same manner as He did with their ancestors during the Exodus from Egypt. 1 Corinthians 10:1-5
The Land will blossom and flourish, Isaiah 35:1-10 and they will live there in peace and security, excepting for a 3½ year period of control by the Anti Christ. Then will come the return of Jesus for His Millennial reign.

Isaiah 30:18 Yet the Lord is waiting to show you His favor, He yearns to have pity on you. Happy are those who wait on Him!

Ezekiel 20:34-38 By My strong arm and outpoured wrath, I shall bring you out from among the peoples and gather you from the lands where you have been dispersed. I shall bring you into a desert place and bring you into judgement, as I did with your ancestors out of Egypt. I shall pass you under the rod of judgement and count you as you enter Israel. Those who revolt and rebel against Me will not enter the Land.

outpoured wrath’ refers to the next prophesied event – the terrible Day of the Lord’s wrath and vengeance, that destroys His enemies and cleanses the Land by fire. The Christian Israelites will then march into and take over all that area promised, so long ago to Abraham.

Ezekiel 36:8 You: Land of Israel – grow your trees and yield your fruit, for the homecoming of My people, Israel, is near.

Micah 4:6 On that Day, I shall gather those who are lost, I shall assemble the dispersed.

Micah 2:12 I will assemble you, the whole House of Jacob. [now every faithful Christian] I will gather you together with those remaining in Israel and herd them like sheep in a fold.

Jeremiah 3:22 Come back, you apostate people and I shall heal you. Here we are, our God, we are coming back to You.

Jeremiah 31:8-9 See how I bring My people from the ends of the earth, a vast company – they come home, weeping and repentant. I shall comfort them and lead them on smooth paths.

Isaiah 43:19 I am about to do something new, can you see it? I will make a path for My people.

Isaiah 58:11 The Lord will guide you, He will satisfy your needs in the desert and give strength.

Isaiah 62:10 Pass through the gates, clear a road for My people and mark their way.

Isaiah 42:16 Without fail, I shall lead the blind and guide My people along paths unknown to them.

Psalms 68:7-9 The Lord, leading His people, marching through the desert- the earth shakes and rain pours down. Isaiah 44:3

Isaiah 30:29 For you there will be joyful singing, as you march into Israel, the Holy Land of God.

Isaiah 40:26-31 Lift your eyes to the heavens, consider your Creator, He leads His people out – each summoned by name, none are missing. He gives strength to the exhausted and those who look to Him will not faint, they march as on eagles wings.

Obadiah 19:21 My people will possess the Negev, Samaria, Northern and southern Jordan and all the coastlands of the Mediterranean.

Isaiah 49:8-11 The Lord says: In the time of My favor, on the Day of Deliverance, I will come to your aid, you are My people destined to be a light to the nations and to restore the Land. Go free now and in the Land you will find food and water in plenty. It will not be too hot when the One who loves them will guide them along highways. My people, coming from all parts of the world, will shout for joy as they enter their Land. For God has comforted His people in their distress

Upvote 0

jeffweedaman

Nov 22, 2020
PROSPECT
✟82,293.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You all exhibit a total failure to even understand what the new Covenant will be about.
The only situation in which it can be made between the Lord and His faithful people, is when they have departed from the nations and are living in the holy Land. Until this is understood, then confusion reigns.

This should end any confusion...,

Heb 12
18 For you have not come to a mountain that can be touched and to a blazing fire, and to darkness and gloom and whirlwind, 19 and to the blast of a trumpet and the sound of words, which sound was such that those who heard begged that no further word be spoken to them. 20 For they could not cope with the command, “If even an animal touches the mountain, it shall be stoned.” 21 And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, “I am terrified and trembling.” 22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels, 23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the Judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, 24 and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks better than the blood of Abel.

The Unshaken Kingdom
25 See to it that you do not refuse Him who is speaking. For if those did not escape when they refused him who warned them on earth, much less will we escape who turn away from Him who warns us from heaven. 26 And His voice shook the earth then, but now He has promised, saying, “Yet once more I will shake not only the earth, but also the heaven.” 27 This expression, “Yet once more,” denotes the removing of those things which can be shaken, as of created things, so that those things which cannot be shaken may remain. 28 Therefore, since we receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let’s show gratitude, by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe; 29 for our God is a consuming fire.

• Winner
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

We failures are in great company.
Every historical defender of the true faith for over 1700 years.
They weren't failures.
Still awaiting just one name.
Paul knew every Scripture that you listed.
Here's what he said:
2 Corinthians 1
20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.
"All the promises" includes those Scriptures.
"Him" means Christ, the Testator of His Fulfilled New Testament in His Blood.
"Are" means now. No waiting for decapitated promises of a decapitated covenant.
Paul wasn't a failure.

That leaves only one failure.

• Winner
Reactions: jeffweedaman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,263.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
This should end any confusion...,
I posted 14 prophesies that say the Lord's people will go to live in the holy Land. Your quote of Hebrews 12:18-29, about the situation now and the terrible shaking to come, is irrelevant.
Living in the holy Land being the Lord's witnesses, Isaiah 43:10, John 15:27, and His Light to the nations, Isaiah 49:3-8, Matthew 5:14-16, is our destiny and our great privilege.
All the promises" includes those Scriptures.
Jesus promised that He would Return. Revelation 1:7 Hasn't happened yet. Why do you demand ALL those promises now? They all come to pass at the right time.
The next one will be His many prophesied Day of fiery wrath. It will depopulate the entire Middle East, allowing the Lord's righteous people to live there.
That leaves only one failure.
You wouldn't say such things if you knew how opposition to what I post and personal denigration, is a confirmation of what the prophets said.
They were reviled and ignored; nothing has changed.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why do you demand ALL those promises now?

Because Scripture demands ALL those promises now.

You ignored in him are.

You ignored the present tense "are".

Why do deny ALL those promises now?

You wouldn't say such things if you knew how opposition to what I post and personal denigration, is a confirmation of what the prophets said.
They were reviled and ignored; nothing has changed.

They were also slain.

Have you been slain?

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,263.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Because Scripture demands ALL those promises now.
This is where you fail miserably:

Isaiah 33:17-24 Those who live righteously and speak the truth, who do not take bribes, rejecting all evil – they will dwell securely with ample food and water. Psalms 85:12
Your eyes will see a King in his glory and view a Land that stretches into the distance. Numbers 24:15-19
We will go to live in the holy Land.

You will call to mind what you once feared. Where are they now? Those barbarous people whose speech you could not understand. Psalms 58:10-11, Psalms 37:8-15
All the ungodly peoples will be gone.

Look upon Zion, Jerusalem, city of sacred festivals. A secure abode, never again to be moved. Amos 9:13-15
There the Lord will be in His majesty, a peaceful place. A place of broad rivers, but no ships will sail there.
The Lord is our judge and lawgiver. He is our King who will save us
. Zechariah 8:7-8

Your rigging hangs loose, the mast is not secure and your sails are not set. Luke 12:35-36. Then all will take a share in the spoils. Zechariah 9:17
No one living in Zion will get sick and the sins of the people will be pardoned. Psalms 126:1-3
THEN; the Lord will make a new Covenant with His faithful people and our sins will be pardoned.
Have you been slain?
I have received a death threat and a 'tar and feathering' was suggested. But as I live far enough away the only thing you can do is to make nasty aspersions and personal attacks, as you are guilty of.

The difficulty of our different beliefs about Bible Prophecy, is explained by how several verses tell us that the Lord will blind those who choose to believe false theories and how only a few people will understand God's plans for the end times. Pray to be one of them!

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is where you fail miserably:

Isaiah 33:17-24 Those who live righteously and speak the truth, who do not take bribes, rejecting all evil – they will dwell securely with ample food and water. Psalms 85:12
Your eyes will see a King in his glory and view a Land that stretches into the distance. Numbers 24:15-19
We will go to live in the holy Land.

You will call to mind what you once feared. Where are they now? Those barbarous people whose speech you could not understand. Psalms 58:10-11, Psalms 37:8-15
All the ungodly peoples will be gone.

Look upon Zion, Jerusalem, city of sacred festivals. A secure abode, never again to be moved. Amos 9:13-15
There the Lord will be in His majesty, a peaceful place. A place of broad rivers, but no ships will sail there.
The Lord is our judge and lawgiver. He is our King who will save us
. Zechariah 8:7-8

Your rigging hangs loose, the mast is not secure and your sails are not set. Luke 12:35-36. Then all will take a share in the spoils. Zechariah 9:17
No one living in Zion will get sick and the sins of the people will be pardoned. Psalms 126:1-3
THEN; the Lord will make a new Covenant with His faithful people and our sins will be pardoned.

I have received a death threat and a 'tar and feathering' was suggested. But as I live far enough away the only thing you can do is to make nasty aspersions and personal attacks, as you are guilty of.

The difficulty of our different beliefs about Bible Prophecy, is explained by how several verses tell us that the Lord will blind those who choose to believe false theories and how only a few people will understand God's plans for the end times. Pray to be one of them!

But I'm patient.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,263.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

But I'm patient.
I actually did look for one, but none of the ECF's or anyone that I can find has the truth about when the New Covenant was made, or has been made.
In fact all the teachings on the NC, are full of assumptions and guesswork.
They all ignore or fail to see the scriptures that plainly say when it will be made.
Perhaps you can make a useful contribution to my thread; 'The New Covenant'? I can be patient too!

Upvote 0