Visit site
✟294,038.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You claim all of the above scripture is for the period of time between Christ's Second Coming and the New Heavens and New Earth, but once again you ignore all of the scripture which proves you are wrong.
No that is not my belief at all. Again you leap to the wrong conclusion!

The prophesies about a new Temple and the Lord's people living in all of the holy Land, are BEFORE the Return.
The Millennium is another story and we are not told much about that time.
You deny the New Covenant is now in effect by ignoring Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 9:15, and Hebrews 10:16-18, and Hebrews 12:18-24.
You fail to prove that all the effects of the NC are now operable.
You ignore 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10, and 2 Peter 3:10-13, and Revelation 11:15-18, which reveal the New Heavens and New Earth come at the Second Coming of Christ.
You misread those prophesies. The NH, NE comes AFTER the Millennium, as Revelation 20 sets out.
Jesus does not destroy the present earth at His Return, neither Zechariah 14:3-5, Matthew 24:29-30 or Revelation 19:11-21, say that.
You ignore what Paul said in 2 Timothy 4:1 about Christ judging both the living and the dead at His appearing.
Wrong; He only separates the nations then.
2 Timothy 4:1 Before God and before Christ Jesus, who is to Judge the living and the dead, I abjure you to proclaim the Message.....
Nothing to do with Judgment at the Return.

Jesus IS the Judge, He writes names in the Book of Life. That Book is not opened until AFTER the Millennium. Revelation 20:11-15

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is the difference and where is that explained in scripture? Show me the scripture. Your opinions mean nothing without scriptural support for them.

Once again you have failed to look at the text closely.

You believe this will happen in the millennium and you're trying to tell me it doesn't mention offerings for sin to atone or cover?

Ezekiel 45:15 Also one sheep is to be taken from every flock of two hundred from the well-watered pastures of Israel. These will be used for the grain offerings, burnt offerings and fellowship offerings to make atonement for the people, declares the Sovereign Lord. 16 All the people of the land will be required to give this special offering to the prince in Israel. 17 It will be the duty of the prince to provide the burnt offerings, grain offerings and drink offerings at the festivals, the New Moons and the Sabbaths—at all the appointed festivals of Israel. He will provide the sin offerings, grain offerings, burnt offerings and fellowship offerings to make atonement for the Israelites.

To think this will happen in the future completely contradicts what is taught in the book of Hebrews.

Hebrews 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure. 7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. 8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law; 9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. 10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

The biggest difference is that the levite are not the ones making th esacrifices per se but the sons of Zadok and for the sin offering- it is David.

God said it will happen, why do you think it won't?

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just read the book of Hebrews and you will have your answer. Stop asking the question. It's all there in the book of Hebrews. Do you have something against that book?

REad Hebrews over 200 times. Don'tg see one verse where the terms and things god said He would do in teh New Covenant fulfilled.

Here is the covenant again:

Jeremiah 31:31-34
King James Version

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

So are you saying that teh Covenant is no win effect and that teh whole house of Israel and Judah know God, have the law written in their inward parts, are Gods people and God is their God, and Israelis no longer need anyone to tell thenm to know God for all know Him from teh least to teh greatest?

Can you show me that in Hebrews? I haven't found it in 46 years of reading.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You fail to prove that all the effects of the NC are now operable.

None of them are operable for those who deny and refuse to accept the New Covenant fulfilled in Christ.

All of them are operable for we who have received and been made ministrants of the New Covenant by Him.

2 Corinthians 3 YLT
5 not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think anything, as of ourselves, but our sufficiency [is] of God,
6 who also made us sufficient [to be] ministrants of a new covenant, not of letter, but of spirit; for the letter doth kill, and the spirit doth make alive.

You haven't yet told us to whom the warning below refers.

Do you need to pay heed?

What will happen to you if you die without receiving the New Covenant?

Hebrews 10 YLT
28 any one who did set at nought a law of Moses, apart from mercies, by two or three witnesses, doth die,
29 of how much sorer punishment shall he be counted worthy who the Son of God did trample on, and the blood of the covenant did count a common thing, in which he was sanctified, and to the Spirit of the grace did despite?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is an interesting game you are playing here for all members of this forum to witness.

Your answer is found in Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 9:15, and Hebrews 10:16-18, and Hebrews 12:22-24, and 1 John 2:27, but you pretend to not see what is plainly written in the Word of God.

You are like the coach of a football team who refuses to look at the scoreboard because he is losing the game, but claims instead his team is winning.

It is a form of altered reality.
This is a common type of behavior for those who try to make modern Dispensational Theology work.

Well if th e answers are found in all those verses: will you please show me where in those verses you cite where the terms of the New Covenant in Jeremiah 31:31-34 are found?

King James Version

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Maybe I should ask this first.

Do you believe this is the new covenant? If so, show me directly from teh verses you cite how these are now fulfilled:

WITH THE HOUSES OF ISRAEL AND JUDAH AS GOD SAID:

1. Show me in the verses you cite where god did write His laws in teh inward parts of Israel and Judah.

2.Show me in the verses you cite when Israel and Judah beame Gods people and He became their God.

3. show me from the verses you cite where Israel and Judah no longer need anyone to teach them anymor to know th eLord for all know HIm now!

You keep telling me its right there and I keep asking you to show me. Don't just cite the passages but cite the passage and how it has fulfilled the terms of the New Covenant.

And your infantile ad-hominems are just verbal methane that shows you refuse to show what has been asked of you.

Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,038.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
None of them are operable for those who deny and refuse to accept the New Covenant fulfilled in Christ.

All of them are operable for we who have received and been made ministrants of the New Covenant by Him.
So you are accusing me of not being a genuine Christian?

Hebrews 8:10-12 lists five general conditions, that will come into force when His people become a nation. As prophesied in Isaiah 62:1-5
Ezekiel 34:11-31 describes this time, when the Lord will cut the New Covenant with His people.

They are not conditions that apply just to some individuals and not to other Christians. Your scriptures do not prove that we are in the NC now, we just have the Promise of it.

This New Covenant is mentioned in Daniel 11:32, where it prophesies that some of the Christians will violate their Covenant with God when the leader of the One World Govt conquers them. Zechariah 14:1-2, Revelation 13:5-8

What will happen to you if you die without receiving the New Covenant?
Another rude accusation, made from ignorance.
I am born again in Jesus , immersion Baptized and I keep the Commandments. Show me where I need anything more than that?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well if th e answers are found in all those verses: will you please show me where in those verses you cite where the terms of the New Covenant in Jeremiah 31:31-34 are found?

Compare Hebrews 8:6-13 to Jeremiah 31:31-34.

Do you notice the text in all capital letters, which was quoted directly from Jeremiah 31:31-34?

Heb 8:6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.
Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
Heb 8:8 Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH—
Heb 8:9 NOT ACCORDING TO THE COVENANT THAT I MADE WITH THEIR FATHERS IN THE DAY WHEN I TOOK THEM BY THE HAND TO LEAD THEM OUT OF THE LAND OF EGYPT; BECAUSE THEY DID NOT CONTINUE IN MY COVENANT, AND I DISREGARDED THEM, SAYS THE LORD.
Heb 8:10 FOR THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS IN THEIR MIND AND WRITE THEM ON THEIR HEARTS; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.
Heb 8:11 NONE OF THEM SHALL TEACH HIS NEIGHBOR, AND NONE HIS BROTHER, SAYING, 'KNOW THE LORD,' FOR ALL SHALL KNOW ME, FROM THE LEAST OF THEM TO THE GREATEST OF THEM.
Heb 8:12 FOR I WILL BE MERCIFUL TO THEIR UNRIGHTEOUSNESS, AND THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE."
Heb 8:13 In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

• Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ezekiel 34:11-31 describes this time, when the Lord will cut the New Covenant with His people.

Heb 9:15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Did Christ die during the first century?

• Winner
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I am born again in Jesus , immersion Baptized and I keep the Commandments. Show me where I need anything more than that?

Scripture is the judge.

If you deny the New Covenant, what are the implications for His Blood of the New Covenant, and for the forgiveness of sins by His Blood of the New Covenant?

When you say you are born again in Jesus, is that with, or without, His Blood of the New Covenant?

Matthew 26 NASB
27 And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you;
28 for this is My blood of the covenant, which is being poured out for many for forgiveness of sins.

Hebrews 10 NASB
28 Anyone who has ignored the Law of Moses is put to death without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
29 How much more severe punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled underfoot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The biggest difference is that the levite are not the ones making th esacrifices per se but the sons of Zadok and for the sin offering- it is David.
I believe this is a very weak response. There is no basis for any animal sacrifices or sin offerings ever to be made again. Christ put an end to that forever with His "once for all" sacrifice.

God said it will happen, why do you think it won't?
I've already told you why many times and you still ask this question? Amazing. I'm clearly wasting my time talking to you since you apparently don't remember anything I tell you.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
REad Hebrews over 200 times. Don'tg see one verse where the terms and things god said He would do in teh New Covenant fulfilled.

Here is the covenant again:

King James Version

So are you saying that teh Covenant is no win effect and that teh whole house of Israel and Judah know God, have the law written in their inward parts, are Gods people and God is their God, and Israelis no longer need anyone to tell thenm to know God for all know Him from teh least to teh greatest?

Can you show me that in Hebrews? I haven't found it in 46 years of reading.
I've already tried to show you many times, as has BABerean2, and you just don't get it. But, it is there in the book of Hebrews. Maybe you need to read it 200 more times and then you will finally realize that the new covenant was established by the blood of Christ and it is the covenant made by God with mankind that provided the opportunity of salvation for all people.

You don't seem to understand that the promises God made in the Old Testament that seemed to be only for the Israelites or Jews turned out to be for the Gentiles as well.

Here is a prime example:

Galatians 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ...26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Who would have known the promises to Abraham and his seed were actually made to Jesus Christ and all who belong to Him if not for that being explained in the New Testament? Similarly, the new covenant does not just apply to the house of Israel and house of Judah, but to all who believe in Christ. It was His blood that put the new covenant into effect long ago. We are all saved under the new covenant. The old covenant and its animal sacrifices could "never take away sins" (Heb 10:11).

• Winner
Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hebrews 8:10-12 lists five general conditions, that will come into force when His people become a nation. As prophesied in Isaiah 62:1-5

They are not conditions that apply just to some individuals and not to other Christians. Your scriptures do not prove that we are in the NC now, we just have the Promise of it.

This New Covenant is mentioned in Daniel 11:32, where it prophesies that some of the Christians will violate their Covenant with God when the leader of the One World Govt conquers them. Zechariah 14:1-2, Revelation 13:5-8
How do you interpret these verses:

Luke 22:20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

Matthew 26:27 Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. 28 This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

Jesus indicated that the new covenant had to do with Him pouring out His blood for the forgiveness of sins. It is the covenant by which people are saved and receive the forgiveness of sins. So, how can you think that the new covenant does not yet apply to us?

Are you saved? Have your sins been forgiven? If so, then you have been saved under the new covenant. No one was saved under the old covenant and its animal sacrifices, so under what other covenant than the new covenant established by Christ's sacrifice can someone be saved and have the forgiveness of their sins?

• Winner
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,038.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Heb 9:15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Did Christ die during the first century?
Is it just too hard for you to read that Christ is the Mediator, not the instigator of the not yet cut New Covenant.
As I have shown, this Covenant between God and the faithful Christian people, will take place when all the holy Land is settled by them.
Note that the purpose of the NC, is to enable those who God has called to receive their Eternal inheritance. Which will be conferred at the GWT Judgment; AFTER the Millennium.
If you deny the New Covenant, what are the implications for His Blood of the New Covenant, and for the forgiveness of sins by His Blood of the New Covenant?
I do not deny that there will be a New Covenant. It is patently obvious it isn't cut, from the effects of it that simply haven't happened yet.
We Christians live now under the covering of His Blood. As you have quoted.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I do not deny that there will be a New Covenant. It is patently obvious it isn't cut, from the effects of it that simply haven't happened yet.
We Christians live now under the covering of His Blood. As you have quoted.

It is patently obvious that Scripture disagrees with you.

The verses that I cited, et al, do not say "covering".

They say "covenant".

There is no Scripture about "the covering of His Blood" in my Bible, or in yours.

Countless numbers of Christians over the two millennia since Christ have believed and received Christ's New Covenant in His Blood.

Many more will continue to do so until He returns.

When you stand before the Author of the New Covenant, do you think He will listen to your excuses for why you refused to believe and receive His New Covenant, in His Blood shed at Calvary?

Are you a gambler?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it just too hard for you to read that Christ is the Mediator, not the instigator of the not yet cut New Covenant.

If you can show us the word "instigator" in the Bible, and show us Christ did not shed His blood at Calvary, we might consider what you are claiming.

Otherwise, you are just another New Covenant denier.

It is no wonder the modern Church is in a state of confusion.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,038.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Are you a gambler?
Otherwise, you are just another New Covenant denier.
This is sheer stupidity. Your judgments against me are based on a wrong belief; that we are now fully in a New Covenant with Jesus.
That we are not yet participants of the Covenant as described in Hebrews 8:10-12, is the fact of the 5 tenets of it are not fulfilled.
They have been listed here and are in your Bibles. Until all of them are a reality, your arguments fail and you are exposed as false teachers.

For now, we do partake of Communion and keep our faith in Jesus. We await the time when we will all gather as a nation in all of the holy Land and He will cut the New Covenant with us. As all of Jeremiah 31 describes.

• Prayers
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For now, we do partake of Communion and keep our faith in Jesus.

Explain how you keep faith in Jesus by denying and refusing to accept His New Covenant in His Blood.

Explain how He keeps faith with you who deny and refuse to accept His New Covenant in His Blood.

1 Corinthians 11:27-30 is the consummate description of those who partake of the Lord's Supper observance of His New Covenant in His Blood, while simultaneously denying and refusing to acccept that Covenant.

You are a gambler.

You'll have to find someone else to wish you luck.

• Winner
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,038.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Explain how you keep faith in Jesus by denying and refusing to accept His New Covenant in His Blood.
His Blood was shed for the New Covenant. Mark 14:24
It does not say the New Covenant was instigated at that time. That was impossible, as the Church wasn't established yet.

You confuse the NC with the Salvation Jesus offers.
The main problem with your belief, is an inability to see what the Lord does plan for His faithful people. How they will be gathered into all of the holy Land soon after He has cleared and cleansed it. Deuteronomy 32:34-43, Ezekiel 34:11-16, Isaiah 35:1-10, Romans 9:24-26
THEN He will cut a New Covenant with them.
Proved by how some of those people will violate that Covenant; Daniel 11:32

Upvote 0

jeffweedaman

Nov 22, 2020
PROSPECT
✟82,293.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
His Blood was shed for the New Covenant. Mark 14:24
It does not say the New Covenant was instigated at that time. That was impossible, as the Church wasn't established yet.

Under what covenant is the Church Established?

Has to be the blood that was shed for the NC

• Winner
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
His Blood was shed for the New Covenant. Mark 14:24. It does not say the New Covenant was instigated at that time.

The choice:

1. keras: His Blood was shed for the New Covenant.
2. Mark 14:24: And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.

Couldn't be easier.

But don't let Scripture get in your way.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0