United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Greetings!

So I feel that this is clearly prophecy coming to pass right before our eyes. As one of my favorite youtubers puts it, prophecy unravels like a scroll, it isnt opened like a book. I dont see many people talking about this, which raises my internal alarms even more. So what do yall think, is the Euphrates drying up and prophecy being fulfilled, or something else?

Rev 16:12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.

The Future of the Euphrates River

And then throw back to this vid, because I always get the song in my head when I start thinking about the Euphrates...

The Hour IS AT HAND

I think the AoD is on the earth
Aug 21, 2023
Phoenix
Visit site
✟12,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe it is the Turks a while ago that built dams to control the water flow of the Euphrates.
It is speculated, in both articles that the river could be gone by 2040, if so, it brings to question how then this prophecy will be fulfilled.
Also, did you watch the video?

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings!

So I feel that this is clearly prophecy coming to pass right before our eyes. As one of my favorite youtubers puts it, prophecy unravels like a scroll, it isnt opened like a book. I dont see many people talking about this, which raises my internal alarms even more. So what do yall think, is the Euphrates drying up and prophecy being fulfilled, or something else?

Rev 16:12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.

The Future of the Euphrates River

And then throw back to this vid, because I always get the song in my head when I start thinking about the Euphrates...

Or...this is just a historical account in Revelation depicting the invasion of Israel by King Sennacherib. They are East of Israel and the Euphrates dried up at the time of their invasion. Blessings.

Upvote 0

dwb001

Balaam's Donkey
Aug 26, 2023
New Brunswick
✟10,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Or...this is just a historical account in Revelation depicting the invasion of Israel by King Sennacherib. They are East of Israel and the Euphrates dried up at the time of their invasion. Blessings.
References please.

Upvote 0

The Hour IS AT HAND

Aug 21, 2023
Phoenix
Visit site
✟12,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
IMHO scripture does not go into detail about about the how and when the Euphrates will dry up, only that it will dry up.
And now its starting to dry up... So do you think its the 6th bowl or something else?

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,489.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You referenced them... you should provide them.
Check these out...Bard search engine
  • The Assyrian king Sennacherib's annals. These annals are a collection of inscriptions that Sennacherib wrote to record his military campaigns and other accomplishments. In one inscription, Sennacherib describes how the Euphrates River dried up during a drought.
  • The biblical book of Nahum. This book is a prophecy about the destruction of Nineveh, the capital of Assyria. In one verse, the book says that the Euphrates River will dry up and that the people of Assyria will be scattered.
  • The writings of the Greek historian Herodotus. Herodotus was a Greek historian who lived in the 5th century BCE. He traveled extensively and wrote about the cultures and history of the ancient world. In his book The Histories, Herodotus mentions the drying up of the Euphrates River during the Assyrian period.
  • The writings of the Roman historian Tacitus. Tacitus was a Roman historian who lived in the 1st century CE. He wrote about the history of Rome and the Roman Empire. In his book The Annals, Tacitus mentions the drying up of the Euphrates River during the Assyrian period.

Upvote 0

The Hour IS AT HAND

Aug 21, 2023
Phoenix
Visit site
✟12,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • The Assyrian king Sennacherib's annals. These annals are a collection of inscriptions that Sennacherib wrote to record his military campaigns and other accomplishments. In one inscription, Sennacherib describes how the Euphrates River dried up during a drought.
  • The biblical book of Nahum. This book is a prophecy about the destruction of Nineveh, the capital of Assyria. In one verse, the book says that the Euphrates River will dry up and that the people of Assyria will be scattered.
  • The writings of the Greek historian Herodotus. Herodotus was a Greek historian who lived in the 5th century BCE. He traveled extensively and wrote about the cultures and history of the ancient world. In his book The Histories, Herodotus mentions the drying up of the Euphrates River during the Assyrian period.
  • The writings of the Roman historian Tacitus. Tacitus was a Roman historian who lived in the 1st century CE. He wrote about the history of Rome and the Roman Empire. In his book The Annals, Tacitus mentions the drying up of the Euphrates River during the Assyrian period.
Are you referring to?
Nah 2:6 The river gates are opened; the palace melts away;

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
So what do yall think, is the Euphrates drying up and prophecy being fulfilled, or something else?
They joke about how they turn niagra falls off at night. During the summer once the sun goes down, the water flowing over the Falls is reduced from the daylight flow of 100,000 cubic feet per second to 50,000 - allowing hydro plants on both sides of the border to draw more water for hydro generation.

A major reason for the Euphrates' reduced flow is the network of seven dams in Turkey and Syria, which limit the water downstream. Turkey has recently released more water into the Iraqi section of the river.

Upvote 0

dwb001

Balaam's Donkey
Aug 26, 2023
New Brunswick
✟10,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
The prism of Sennacherib's annals does not mention Euphrates in any of the 6 columns.
Nahum does not mention Euphrates at all.
I searched Herodotus and not a mention of the Euphrates drying up.
I searched Tacitus and there was no mention of the Euphrates drying up.

From the Bard search engine site: Bard is an experiment and may give inaccurate or inappropriate responses. You can help make Bard better by leaving feedback.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The prism of Sennacherib's annals does not mention Euphrates in any of the 6 columns.

From the Bard search engine site: Bard is an experiment and may give inaccurate or inappropriate responses. You can help make Bard better by leaving feedback.
I made Bard double check and it was confident in it's reference. But I will check again and get more detail. Nevertheless, the Euphrates does go through drying periods, Kings from the East are more likely to be ancient nations and Revelation has a theme across its pages. It has direct messages to nearby churches, historical events from the past leading to the comming Messiah, warnings to Jerusalem and subsequent judgment for Jerusalem in 70AD, and a glimpse of the final ressurection and New Jerusalem, The Kingdom of God. All of this is wrapped in apocalyptic literature, imagery and Jewish tradition. I decided a while ago, after much anxiety, to actually read this book through the lens of a 1st century Christian. The key to my decision was the glaring first line of the book, " things which must shortly take place".
Blessings.

Upvote 0

dwb001

Balaam's Donkey
Aug 26, 2023
New Brunswick
✟10,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
I made Bard double check and it was confident in it's reference. But I will check again and get more detail. Nevertheless, the Euphrates does go through drying periods, Kings from the East are more likely to be ancient nations and Revelation has a theme across its pages. It has direct messages to nearby churches, historical events from the past leading to the comming Messiah, warnings to Jerusalem and subsequent judgment for Jerusalem in 70AD, and a glimpse of the final ressurection and New Jerusalem, The Kingdom of God. All of this is wrapped in apocalyptic literature, imagery and Jewish tradition. I decided a while ago, after much anxiety, to actually read this book through the lens of a 1st century Christian. The key to my decision was the glaring first line of the book, " things which must shortly take place".
Blessings.
You do understand that Bard is not a search engine but a conversation generator?

The Bard program does not provide truthful information.

The Bard program is used for making stories... not fact.

Upvote 0

The Hour IS AT HAND

Aug 21, 2023
Phoenix
Visit site
✟12,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Blessings
1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

1Pe 4:7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.

Mar 13:33
Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.

Mat 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

We can just discard these verses too then, because they were written so long ago?

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Further info and research, Sennacarib " cut off" the water. Accurate?
  • "I cut off the waters of the Euphrates and diverted them into another bed. I captured the city of Lachish by means of the water." (Sennacherib, Annals, 9)

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

1Pe 4:7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.

Mar 13:33
Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.

Mat 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

We can just discard these verses too then, because they were written so long ago?
They were fulfilled in 70AD but good advice for all Christians.
Another verse pertaining to 1st century Christians....

Upvote 0