Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I used to be a preppper but I'm more of a moderate mini-prepper now. I'm about to turn 69 next month and since I'm now in the Peoples Republic of California in ground Zero (northern L.A. County) of survivability if anything happens I'm here to try and save my youngest 3 granddaughters if I can. I have two Army Ammo cans of ammo along with my grandfathered guns. My survival gear and training but most of all my combat mindset. That will give me an edge as most will just see an old man. I do not expect to survive but hope to help my 3 grand-daughters to survive any disasters. I'm an old Eagle Scout and grew up in the country growing our own crops and hunting for food.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I used to be a preppper but I'm more of a moderate mini-prepper now. I'm about to turn 69 next month and since I'm now in the Peoples Republic of California in ground Zero (northern L.A. County) of survivability if anything happens I'm here to try and save my youngest 3 granddaughters if I can. I have two Army Ammo cans of ammo along with my grandfathered guns. My survival gear and training but most of all my combat mindset. That will give me an edge as most will just see an old man. I do not expect to survive but hope to help my 3 grand-daughters to survive any disasters. I'm an old Eagle Scout and grew up in the country growing our own crops and hunting for food.
Kindred souls Grypth. We do all that we do for our children and grandchildren. We are in our 60s and may never see that which we are sure is coming. But we pray the Lord make good use of the things we have set back.
Blessings.
Dids

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The time for local preparation is nearly over. A good idea to take a day and ACT like it has all come down upon us... and you will realize what you still need to do.

TRUST ME. Things can go bad in a hurry... and they just might sooner than you expect.

PRAY.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The time for local preparation is nearly over. A good idea to take a day and ACT like it has all come down upon us... and you will realize what you still need to do.

TRUST ME. Things can go bad in a hurry... and they just might sooner than you expect.

PRAY.
Yes... hurricane Florence taught us that.

Upvote 0

Kosher Salt

Dec 2, 2018
Taylorsville
✟9,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Today there are hundreds of thousands, if not millions of Christians who are "prepping" for an uncertain future. One poll states there are over 3 million preppers in the USA. I would suggest that the majority of these are Christians. Not "doomsday" preppers because as believers we know that there is not going to be a doomsday as such. We know Jesus is going to return, set up His glorious kingdom... and we rejoice! But we also know that as that wonderful day approaches, there will be much trouble and tribulation; both man made and natural.
I believe this forum would be positive and helpful to those believers who are in prepper mode. It would also serve to help convince other believers to begin prepping for that uncertain future.
Dids
Thankyou for bringing this up, your wording is well makes me say,,,,,What he said,,,I teach earth quake preparedness as thats our biggest threat.

• Friendly
Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Didaskalos said:
Today there are hundreds of thousands, if not millions of Christians who are "prepping" for an uncertain future. ... there will be much trouble and tribulation; both man made and natural. ...
Dids
To All,
It seems to me that things come and go.
Thanks,
DaDad

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0

Kosher Salt

Dec 2, 2018
Taylorsville
✟9,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I carry extra Bible in the vehicle, If said apocalypses ever happens,, I will just pray.
But if the freeway blows up, I may need to walk home, If my wife spends all the money, I may not be able to afford food, so I keep extra.
Seriously, I am the so OVER prepped Christian, Need to bank on the RAPTURE,,,

• Agree
Reactions: Gary Lee
Upvote 0

tkolter

May 8, 2018
Saint Petersburg, Florida
✟22,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have three reasons not to hard prep over prudent emergency prep for shorter term situations.

1. You will not be able to hide from the Antichrist and his army of demons the fact you're advertising you have preparation and stockpiles means they can target you more but there will be no hiding.

2. In the secular case of a SHTF scenario the government is you're best chance of long term survival especially if you're disabled or vulnerable needing government and societal services.

3. In the end we go to heaven to be paranoid about dying is to deny the promise of God to eternal life this world is temporary - a test - for that which is eternal and what really matters.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have three reasons not to hard prep over prudent emergency prep for shorter term situations.
All seems unnecessary.
Thanks,
DaDad

Last edited:
Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am also concerned about finances while being mobile. I cannot trust the banks with liquidity when I need it.... but cannot possibly carry a few hundred thousand on the van! ROFL :D Not sure that even the safe deposit boxes are truly safe in times of crisis (no pun intended.) I'm not burying it in the ground somewhere, nor hiding money in a cave... so?

• Informative
Reactions: DaDad
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is in the spirit of God, love, faith, hope, and life to strive to live as long and as well as possible. If you are able to survive and save your family and loved ones from suffering death... it is absolutely the will and nature of God to do this. The "prime directive" that God gave to the human race was to "be fruitful and multiply." That continues to be the rule of life for all men, regardless of their time or location. God wants you, your family, your loved ones, and your nation to survive and thrive.
Resignation to defeat, suffering, and death does not please God. It is without faith. It is not the love way.
Faithlessness, hopelessness, and love-lessness are spiritual and mental curses that need to be avoided. That is not God. Jesus came that we might have life and have it more abundantly.
There may be a day when God requires that you suffer and sacrifice, even your life for Him and His purpose. We should be prepared for that. But other than that... we need to live every day in faith, love and hope. I believe to do otherwise is without faith, and even sin.
Just my 3 cents.
Dids.

• Winner
Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I would think twice--those who are hunkering down-- about getting a cow that gives white milk... it and it's flatulence might be banned in the future. Might be a good thing to dehydrate? (Cow and Milk, not flatulence.) :D

• Haha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The thread has probably gone far beyond 50 reasons :D IDK whether to prep more or prep less now that the investigation into a document crime of collusion with Russia has been proven to be nothing...I mean, proves there was none on this admin... while I'm elated and relieved, I could also be concerned that the backlash might involve the deep state collateral damage .. like in Venezuela? So I guess it's still a good reason to be prepping. Things haven't settled down yet, right?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Moonlight sonata

Nov 10, 2018
Sydney
✟13,703.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Today there are hundreds of thousands, if not millions of Christians who are "prepping" for an uncertain future. One poll states there are over 3 million preppers in the USA. I would suggest that the majority of these are Christians. Not "doomsday" preppers because as believers we know that there is not going to be a doomsday as such. We know Jesus is going to return, set up His glorious kingdom... and we rejoice! But we also know that as that wonderful day approaches, there will be much trouble and tribulation; both man made and natural.
I believe this forum would be positive and helpful to those believers who are in prepper mode. It would also serve to help convince other believers to begin prepping for that uncertain future.
Dids

Upvote 0

humble servant7

Apr 21, 2020
Chandler
✟15,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A case for prepping 7

"Why do you worry?"

Matthew 6:24-34 ISV​

Interesting point. I had a verse that jumped out at me about 7 years ago in Matthew 24:44-46:
"So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.
45 “Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46 It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns."

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Interesting point. I had a verse that jumped out at me about 7 years ago in Matthew 24:44-46:
"So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.
45 “Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46 It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns."
I like this. I may include this in the next version of the book.

Upvote 0