50 Reasons Christians Should be Prepping

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ADMIN HAT

As a reminder, the Christian Preppers Statement of Purpose includes this:

Christian Preppers Statement of Purpose

The purpose of the Christian Preppers forum is to inform and encourage other believers to consider prepping. Prepping is the act of preparing for catastrophic events (war, terrorist attacks), natural disasters (earthquakes, tornados, hurricanes, extended drought), and tribulations - Biblical or non-Biblical. The hope is, that in real life, Christian believers would then share their efforts and work towards building local communities of Christian Preppers who will help each other, and help the needy in the event that trouble comes. It is also to encourage Christians to be good stewards and learn self-reliance from government or corporate help in regards to daily life (i.e. power, food, water). This can include ways to make or do things yourself - DIY......

Some specific guidelines for this forum include:
1. This is a safehouse forum for Christian Preppers, criticizing or mocking preppers for being preppers, is not allowed.
2. This forum is intended to be informational and not for debate. There may be some disagreements, but these should be handled with grace towards one another rather than attacking one another.

Some posts were removed in a clean up. Please respect the Statement of Purpose for this forum.
Thanks friend.

Upvote 0

PRESIDIO

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2011
USA
Visit site
✟60,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Noah Prepper.jpg
Noah the original prepper

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I love the verse...
Heb 11:7
By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

Noah "prepped" an ark!
View attachment 191616 Noah the original prepper

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A case for pepping 20

Political and Social Upheavals

Whether it be riot, war, persecution, or just plain lawlessness, Christians have died by the millions at the hands of unjust men and their insane perpetrations of mass death. Christians were not exempt from these uproars. They were not taken up into heaven to be saved from suffering. They were not spared by the perpetrators nor were they rescued by wished-for heroes. Believers have died in such events for that last 2000 years in every corner of the earth in every nation and in every age. We see no testimony from any occurrence where masses of believers were exempt, rescued or escaped from these events. If millions of people were suffering and dying, Christians were right in there with them, suffering and dying with the rest. There is no evidence from history that you will somehow escape simply because you are a Christian.

Why do you 'prep'?

As the Lord Jesus Christ says (from Matthew 6:25-34)

25“For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26“Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? 27“And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life? 28“And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, 29yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. 30“But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith! 31“Do not worry then, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear for clothing?’ 32“For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33“But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

34“So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I love the verse...
Heb 11:7
By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

Noah "prepped" and ark!

Yes, but that's because God SPECIFICALLY TOLD HIM TOO BUILD IT.

Now the Lord Jesus Christ tells us... (Matthew 6:25-34)

25“For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26“Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? 27“And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life? 28“And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, 29 yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. 30“But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith! 31“Do not worry then, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear for clothing?’ 32“For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33“But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

34“So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

How does 'prepping' obey these commands of the Lord God? Why do you 'prep'? Just some heart questions to ask yourself. I'm not your Judge. I'm your Brother.

Upvote 0

Gaz54au

Apr 23, 2017
Tenterfield
✟12,444.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but that's because God SPECIFICALLY TOLD HIM TOO BUILD IT.

Now the Lord Jesus Christ tells us... (Matthew 6:25-34)

25“For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26“Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? 27“And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life? 28“And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, 29 yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. 30“But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith! 31“Do not worry then, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear for clothing?’ 32“For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33“But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

How does 'prepping' obey these commands of the Lord God? Why do you 'prep'? Just some heart questions to ask yourself. I'm not your Judge. I'm your Brother.

Addressing Christian Objections

If you're not Christian, this will be foolishness to you, so please feel free to skip over it.

I want to take a bunny-trail here for just a second for my fellow Christians, and address a common argument I often hear against future-looking preparedness. I've been told “long term food storage is a Mormon thing” - and the LDS church does indeed recommend a year's amount of food to be set aside by all it's families. So, the argument goes, if it's Mormon and not traditional Christian, we should not do it. And after all, Jesus told us to not store up our treasures where they will deteriorate, but to instead store up our treasures in Heaven. He also told us to think of the birds of the field, how even though they do not work or toil, not even King Solomon was robed in the splendor of their plumage. Likewise, Jesus told a parable of a man who took great comfort and security in all his filled grain silos, but who had his life required of him that very night. These verses and others like them are often grossly misinterpreted into an argument against preparedness, self-sufficiency or food storage - that's horrible exegesis! Christ was not telling us to not work, or to not put aside food for the winter. He was telling us to get our priorities straight. It is fine to can peaches and fill our pantry, that's just good stewardship of our God-given resources, but it is not OK to put our trust in the limited contents of our pantry or garden or brokerage account. Our trust is to be focused on God our Provider. Filled pantries are not a bad thing - indeed, they are a gift provided by God! Our faith and trust and hope must rest in the Giver of all good things, not the gift. THAT is Christ's message!

"Warn the rich people of this world not to be proud
or to trust in wealth that is easily lost.
Tell them to have faith in God, who is rich
and blesses us with everything we need to enjoy life."
1 Timothy 6:17

I encourage you to read Genesis 6:13-22 and Genesis 41:25-56. I sincerely believe that Noah and Joseph are great Biblical models of what we are to do when we perceive a large, looming crisis: to prayerfully listen to Gods voice, to obediently prepare as we are called, to provide for our extended families, and to be a blessing to others by sharing our knowledge. In all things we are to bring glory to God's name. We are to look through any coming cataclysm into the future God is using us to create. Remember that when Noah began building the arc, there was no rain. Before the 7 years of famine Joseph prepared for, there were 7 years of bounty. Those who waited for the rain were too late to prepare and perished. Those nations which feasted in the 7 years of plenty had to go to Joseph during the 7 year famine, and purchase at great cost the seven year surplus he hid away.

"A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions.
The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences."
Proverbs 22:3

"Also take with you every sort of food that is eaten, and store it up.
It shall serve as food for you and for [your animals]."
Genesis 6:21

"During the good years that are coming, they should collect all such food
and store the grain under Pharaoh’s control, protecting the food in the cities.
This food will be reserved for the seven years of famine to follow in the land of Egypt
so that the land won’t be ravaged by the famine.”
Genesis 41:35-36

We are also called upon and held accountable for warning others of any approaching danger which we see. We will each have to answer to God for how well we stood watch on the city's walls, and for how faithful we were in sounding the alarm.

For if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to the battle?
I Corinthians 14:8

When the watchman sees the enemy coming, he sounds the alarm to warn the people.
Then if those who hear the alarm refuse to take action, it is their own fault if they die.
They heard the alarm but ignored it, so the responsibility is theirs.
If they had listened to the warning, they could have saved their lives.
But if the watchman sees the enemy coming and doesn’t sound the alarm to warn the people,
he is responsible for their captivity. They will die in their sins,
but I will hold the watchman responsible for their deaths.’
Ezekiel 33:3-6

Read more: Addressing Christian Objections | Endtimepreps: "The Home of the Australian Christian Preppers"

• Winner
Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0
Jan 6, 2018
Duncan
✟9,838.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your 50 reasons for prepping discourse is both accurate and substantial. A question has been raised as to how do people with limited finances prepare? The solution is to form or join a community of like minded believers who live affordably, sustainably, and who share their resources for the common good of all. I live in Canada and am myself seeking to form a community and am looking for others to join with me. My website is fellowshipofchristianprepperslivingincommunity.ca

• Agree
Upvote 0

typo

Apr 24, 2018
indiana
✟8,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
preppers have saved countless lives of venezuelans. and nobody prepped enough. you simply cannot over prep. because the fact is, you WON"T be prepping for yourselves only. people will need food who did not understand, because they're told they'd be crazy. don't gloat that you were right, and turn other christians away, be prepared for them as well. you will be much more secure in greater numbers, that is the ultimate defense. the fact they will need you will force you together in greater numbers.
please pray for venezuela, venezuela is under tribulation and venezuela is full of very sweet christian people. their youth post about their love of Jesus on their facebook pages, christianity IS their mainstream culture. I don't want to say they are more christian but they simply do not have the same bad influences there in such a huge amount pulling their youth down , and perhaps why they are under tribulation before you. being attacked by satan before you.

Upvote 0

typo

Apr 24, 2018
indiana
✟8,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
you can buy feed corn for 3.70 a bushel. you could buy 10 bushels for 37.00. feed corn is edible and will keep others alive. you can grind it into flour and make tortilllas, not even bad tasting. you can buy a little flour grinding device for a few bucks.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I agree we need enough to share. There will be a problem anyway if the word gets out that you have a lot though, because you will be looted and possibly killed for it. Faith in God is imperative.

I believe God can provide when the cupboard is bare: He has done this for me countless times! Case in point: using the "last" of an item EACH DAY... when there is no more, not hidden etc NONE and open the cabinet the next morning asking God to let you "find" one more...and there it is sitting in plain sight... and then after a few times you thank God first and open the cabinet and grin ear to ear in praise!

BUT I also believe we must be prudent regarding being the one others can come to---not just for physical body food, but for soul food.

Upvote 0

ChrisJ83

Jul 23, 2018
Florida
Visit site
✟16,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Greetings Fellow Christian Preppers :)
I just joined this Christian forum and was pleased to see there's other Christian preppers out there. I'm a war-vet currently in N. FL (not sure how long I'm staying in this spot though), and I'm hoping to start prepping soon. The one verse which motivates me to prep - Prov. 22:3 "A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself..."

As a life-long Christian who seems to know the Bible and prophecy better than most pastors/leaders, as an eight year Army veteran who avidly follows current events, as an intellectual who understands history and the direction our future is heading....there's no doubt in my mind that not only do we need to be preparing, but we need to be getting independent and 'off-grid.' Let me explain why for anyone interested:

1.) We know from history that A.) no civilization lasts, B.) no currency lasts, C.) evil always takes over and people suffer as a few rich take/horde all the wealth leaving everyone else in poverty
2.) We know from Biblical prophecy that A.) we are the last generation and in the last few years, B.) a world leader will soon emerge in control of all buying/selling, which means, C.) a new currency is about to emerge, which means, D.) the dollar is on it's way out (why do you think the debt is blowing up -must destroy the old to bring in the new)
3.) Just from a secular standpoint we can see fiat/hard currency shifting to an electronic based currency -such a shift is end goal of banks and governments because an electronic currency would A.) allow elimination of major overhead, from banks, to personnel, to security, to printing/shipping of paper money, B.) eliminate tax evasion/fraud, C.) eliminate black markets/human trafficking, D.) an electronic currency coupled w/biometrics would eliminate I.D. theft/fraud (a huge market hurting millions and growing), E.) give governments total control...if you don't obey, they shut off your access to money.
4.) And the Bible tells us, it is PRUDENT, if we see evil coming, to take precautions.
5.) Even as a secularist, it should just be common sense to prepare for hard times...things happen, and there are numerous real scenarios which could easily happen, such as A.) a solar flare could destroy all computers/power grids, and our transportation network would be down for months preventing food getting to groceries - most food is imported out of country! B.) There's a dozen different scenarios which could lead to the collapse of the dollar, any day now, from the numerous building bubbles, to failing petro-dollar, to skyrocketing debt. The dollar is now just paper, an IOU...the only reason the dollar has value is because ONE MAN allows it. Should ONE man decide to stop lending the United States money...printing dollars would stop, massive inflation would skyrocket, and people would starve. China, Muslims, Russia, and others hate the U.S. and are taking over and waging war on the petro-dollar which if that should collapse would also lead to massive and skyrocketing inflation.
6.) How many people have to starve and how many people have to get poisoned from bad water or polluted water before people realize that it's just better to harvest our own food and water organically. Imported food is garbage + commercially grown food is grown with poisons!
7.) Stocking up on food items is financially smart because of inflation. We should be WISE with the money God gives us.
8.) Christians in America are like Lot in Soddom...judgment is about to come raining down. American is no longer a Christian nation...they threw God out of schools decades ago and now most every major city celebrates their wickedness every year through 'gay pride' parades. If you're supporting this government you need to evaluate yourself because tax payer dollars are literally going to killing babies, supporting terrorists (Muslim Brotherhood/Hamas/Isis) and pointless/evil wars of greed.

We shouldn't worry, we should trust God. If God wants us to prep, He'll bless us. But let's get one thing straight...it's not ourselves that Christians should be prepping for...it's our unsaved loved ones. Although, we are living in a time when Christians should be coming together, getting land outside the cities, getting independent, harvesting our own food, water, and energy, and separating ourselves from this evil land or we will perish with it. If there's isn't a real Christian prepper community/commune, there needs to be one. I pray to God He blesses me so I can start one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Welcome Chris~ Yes, this is a real prepper forum. We try to stay out of political debate but we sure must view the world events, and what's going on in the USA! Fascism reigns (their ideology follows what has happened here---some of which you listed, nationalizing the banks, the educational process (common core), the health system etc. ) It can be quite fearful without God!

I'm currently in South Florida, but awaiting God to send a buyer for my home (haven't listed it yet lol... more like faith now). I and my service dog are going somewhat off grid. I have PTSd and don't want to be anywhere...just want to go!

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Paul said do not be anxious for anything, and he is saying the same thing that Christ said when he told us not to worry. This doesn't mean that we need not to prepare, it only means that we put faith in God instead allowing anxiety to rule our minds.

anx·i·e·ty
aNGˈzīədē/
noun
  1. a feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease, typically about an imminent event or something with an uncertain outcome.
    "he felt a surge of anxiety"
    synonyms: worry, concern, apprehension, apprehensiveness, uneasiness, unease,fearfulness, fear, disquiet, disquietude, inquietude, perturbation, agitation,angst, misgiving, nervousness, nerves, tension, tenseness; More
    • desire to do something, typically accompanied by unease.
      "the housekeeper's eager anxiety to please"
      synonyms: eagerness, keenness, desire
      "an anxiety to please"
    • PSYCHIATRY
      a nervous disorder characterized by a state of excessive uneasiness and apprehension, typically with compulsive behavior or panic attacks.
Good enough to repeat!

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Today there are hundreds of thousands, if not millions of Christians who are "prepping" for an uncertain future. One poll states there are over 3 million preppers in the USA. I would suggest that the majority of these are Christians. Not "doomsday" preppers because as believers we know that there is not going to be a doomsday as such. We know Jesus is going to return, set up His glorious kingdom... and we rejoice! But we also know that as that wonderful day approaches, there will be much trouble and tribulation; both man made and natural.
I believe this forum would be positive and helpful to those believers who are in prepper mode. It would also serve to help convince other believers to begin prepping for that uncertain future.
Dids

Im a prepper

Upvote 0