Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It looks like DeSantis has decided to follow Texas Governor Abbott’s lead. I have to say this is one of the most disgusting political stunts in the history of politics. These are people, created in God's image, being used, humiliated and stripped of any dignity. Just so cruel.

Emergency shelters were set up on Martha's Vineyard after 50 migrants landed on the island unexpectedly Wednesday afternoon. The men, women and children did not know where they were, but were told they would be given housing and jobs.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said his office organized the migrants' journey to Massachusetts on two planes as part of his state's relocation program.

The group wandered some three and a half miles from the airport to Edgartown.

"Martha's Vineyard Community Services had 50 people sort of literally walk up to their front door," said Barbara Rush, of St. Andrews Church.

The migrants are believed to be from Venezuela.

In a statement, DeSantis said, "States like Massachusetts, New York, and California will better facilitate the care of these individuals who they have invited into our country by incentivizing illegal immigration through their designation as "sanctuary states" and support for the Biden Administration's open border policies."

50 migrants relocated to Martha's Vineyard by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It looks like DeSantis has decided to follow Texas Governor Abbott’s lead. I have to say this is one of the most disgusting political stunts in the history of politics.
Oh please, zero people have or will die as a result of this, nor be gang raped, torture in the sight of their parents, set alight, maimed. That puts it well out of sight of the most disgusting political stunts in recent times never mind history.

Get a grip.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟231,272.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Oh please, zero people have or will die as a result of this, nor be gang raped, torture in the sight of their parents, set alight, maimed.
They had already escaped all of that and were going through the asylum process. All of those horrors had already been put behind them.

That puts it well out of sight of the most disgusting political stunts in recent times never mind history.

Get a grip.
I said it was ONE of the most disgusting political stunts in the history of politics; and it is. Using human beings as pawns, shipping migrants seeking sanctuary to states where they don’t even know where they’re going, and sending them hundreds of miles away from where their court cases will be heard is playing games with peoples lives. I'm not sure how anyone could be OK with that.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Leviticus 19:34

Willing to bet the folks of Martha’s Vineyard will treat them better than any place in the former Confederate states.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟231,272.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If it's wrong to do it to the people of Martha's Vineyard, it's wrong to do it to Texans and Floridians.
It's not that it's "wrong" to send migrants to the people of Martha's Vineyard, what's wrong is that it's immoral to use human beings as political pawns.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟573,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's not that it's "wrong" to send migrants to the people of Martha's Vineyard, what's wrong is that it's immoral to use human beings as political pawns.

Sanctuary cities call themselves that. It's literally an invitation to migrants that they can find sanctuary there.

State Rep. Dylan Fernandes, who represents Martha’s Vineyard, tweeted:
Our island jumped into action putting together 50 beds, giving everyone a good meal, providing a play area for the children, making sure people have the healthcare and support they need. We are a community that comes together to support immigrants.

...The migrants are in good hands. More should be sent, IMO.

• Agree
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟573,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The State's Representative (on the left) seems to be enjoying his new guests:

307385774_519741479964149_7744272051574313311_n.jpg

Вхід у Facebook | Facebook

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟231,272.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
...The migrants are in good hands. More should be sent, IMO.
I assume you are OK with this stunt as well.

2 buses of migrants arrive outside VP Harris’s residence at the Naval Observatory in DC

Approximately 100 migrants, mainly from Venezuela, arrived just before 7 a.m. from the Del Rio, Texas and and off-loaded near the Naval Observatory’s main guard gate. The migrants were picked up in Eagle Pass, Texas, and were sent by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, FOX News reports.

2 buses of migrants arrive outside VP Harris’s residence at the Naval Observatory in DC: FOX News

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟573,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

2 buses of migrants arrive outside VP Harris’s residence at the Naval Observatory in DC

Approximately 100 migrants, mainly from Venezuela, arrived just before 7 a.m. from the Del Rio, Texas and and off-loaded near the Naval Observatory’s main guard gate. The migrants were picked up in Eagle Pass, Texas, and were sent by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, FOX News reports.

2 buses of migrants arrive outside VP Harris’s residence at the Naval Observatory in DC: FOX News

If wonder if VP Harris took action like the good State Rep. Dylan Fernandes did, setting the migrants up with food, and essentials.

...But what's more of a "stunt" is expecting border states to bear the burden of hospitality alone.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟231,272.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
State Rep. Dylan Fernandes, who represents Martha’s Vineyard, tweeted:
Our island jumped into action putting together 50 beds, giving everyone a good meal, providing a play area for the children, making sure people have the healthcare and support they need. We are a community that comes together to support immigrants.
It's wonderful to see how people are jumping into action. The people of Martha's Vineyard welcomed the migrants with compassion and humility and have set an example for the rest of the country. What's wrong however, is how these migrants are being lied to and being used as political pawns. These migrants were lured on to a plane with food and being told they would be flown to Boston where they could get housing and expedited work papers. Do you find that to be an acceptable practice in the relocation process?

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,239,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

Sounds straight out of a Saul Alinsky playbook actually.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,239,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Can you cite that part of the playbook?
I only have 'Rules for Radicals' and I am not privy to every playbook he may have produced. By the way, you asking me to cite Alinsky would be a nice Alinsky tactic on it's own. I'm presuming now that you have read 'Rules For Radicals'.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟231,272.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Sounds straight out of a Saul Alinsky playbook actually.
More like the playbook of the Southern segregationists in the 1960's.

After three days on a Greyhound bus, Lela Mae Williams was just an hour from her destination—Hyannis, Mass.—when she asked the bus driver to pull over. She needed to change into her finest clothes. She had been promised the Kennedy family would be waiting for her.

It was late on a Wednesday afternoon, nearly 60 years ago, when that Greyhound bus from Little Rock, Ark., pulled into Hyannis. It slowed to a stop near the summer home of President John F. Kennedy and his family. When the doors opened, Lela Mae and her nine youngest children stepped onto the pavement.

Reporters' microphones pointed at her, their cameras trained on her family. The photographs in the next day's newspaper show Lela Mae looking immaculate. In an elegant black dress, a triple string of pearls and a white hat, she was dressed to start a new life.

"She was going to have a job, and she was going to be able to support her family," one of Lela Mae's daughters, Betty Williams, remembered in a recent interview. Before coming north to Massachusetts, Lela Mae had been promised a good job, good housing and a presidential welcome.

But President Kennedy was not there to meet her. And there was no job or permanent housing waiting for her in Hyannis. Instead, Lela Mae and the others were unwitting pawns in a segregationist game.

The Cruel Story Behind The 'Reverse Freedom Rides'

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I only have 'Rules for Radicals' and I am not privy to every playbook he may have produced. By the way, you asking me to cite Alinsky would be a nice Alinsky tactic on it's own. I'm presuming now that you have read 'Rules For Radicals'.
OK so you get a Saul Alinsky vibe - whatever that is. I havent read him. Musta gone to the wrong college.

Upvote 0