AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
"serial rioters," That's a new one afaik.

(CNN)Four alleged members of a militant white supremacist group have been charged with inciting rioting and assaulting counterprotesters at last year's deadly "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, according to court documents.

A criminal complaint filed in US District Court for the Western District of Virginia identified the California men as Benjamin Drake Daley, Michael Paul Miselis, Thomas Walter Gillen and Cole Evan White.
US Attorney Thomas Cullen described the men as "serial rioters," saying they also engaged in acts of violence at California political rallies last year in Huntington Beach, Berkeley and other cities.

Full story here -->:wave:

Reactions: Ringo84

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
They need to be charging more of the Antifa terrorists as well.
Why is it so difficult to have a thread where we just talk about the bad things white supremacists have done? What's with the inherent need of some posters to try and distract from that kind of news?

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Oh look, a bunch of white guys

54704081_H22906725-720x445.jpg

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Best news I've heard all day.

The next step should be Charlottesville telling Kessler to pack his bags and get out of town. His family is fine and can stay, but he can slither off into the sunset.
Ringo

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Why is it so difficult to have a thread where we just talk about the bad things white supremacists have done? What's with the inherent need of some posters to try and distract from that kind of news?

Because you can't have fights without two sides.
In Charlottesville, Antifa was 100% to blame for
the violence, not the Nazis, who had permits to
protest and march in the streets. Without Antifa,
they would have had their day and gone home.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I guess in some strange way, she supports the other side.

Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟231,147.00
Faith
Christian

I don't doubt Antifa was to blame for some violence, but 100%?

Did they cause the guy to drive his car through a crowd of people too?

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That "100% antifa" is not only 100% untrue, but it's a slap in Heather Heyer's face (which I take personally). They were not responsible for her death, for the assault in the Market Street garage or for any of the other arrests and charges for rioting and assault that have happened.

If you don't know what you're talking about, you should refrain yourself from talking about things you don't understand (and no, this is not directed to Trogdor).
Ringo

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I don't doubt Antifa was to blame for some violence, but 100%?

Did they cause the guy to drive his car through a crowd of people too?

Yes, 100%. Without them, there would have been no violence.
Who did what after the fights started is another matter.

Funny you should ask the second question. Something I read in the
article I posted earlier came to mind.

"Dixon bragged that he chased down the car of James Fields with a rifle just before Fields plowed into a group of the counter-protesters, which resulted in the death of Heather Heyer."
Antifa Professor Charged With Assault at UNC Confederate Statue Protest - Liberty Headlines

People have been known to do strange things when being chased
by somebody with a firearm.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
That "100% antifa" is not only 100% untrue, but it's a slap in Heather Heyer's face (which I take personally). They were not responsible for her death, for the assault in the Market Street garage or for any of the other arrests and charges for rioting and assault that have happened.

If you don't know what you're talking about, you should refrain yourself from talking about things you don't understand (and no, this is not directed to Trogdor).
Ringo

I know who it's directed at, and guess what? I stand by it.

When you start a riot, you are responsible for the results
by everyone involved. People bear the guilt for their own
actions, but the mob leaders are the root of the problem.
Without Antifa, the Nazis would have walked around, been
ignored for the most part, and they would have gone home.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

A white supremacist runs someone over and even then some people can't find it in themselves to blame a white supremacist for anything. That's pretty telling where that person's priorities lie.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Angry white guys caused other angry white guys to kill a white woman? Do you realize how incredibly stupid that is?

Upvote 0

Newtheran

Sep 10, 2018
South
✟34,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Because, for the most part, 'white supremacist' is a slur being used to demonize people who hold political positions opposed to those making the charge.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Because, for the most part, 'white supremacist' is a slur being used to demonize people who hold political positions opposed to those making the charge.

Exactly.

It's straight from Saul Alinsky's own strategy book.

Accusing others of doing what oneself is doing.

It's defecting, using false charges.

Mind games and gaslight-ing at its most adept.

• Agree
Reactions: Newtheran
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

These people identified themselves as whit supremacists, wore swastikas and chanted "Jews will not replace us". But it's always so nice to hear someone talk about things they clearly don't understand.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
^ Case in point about Newtheran not know what he's talking about. 'White supremacist' is supposedly a slur, but it's perfectly OK to claim, with the only evidence offered being a screenshot on a conspiracy website, that Kessler is actually an Occupy Wall Street protestor.
Ringo

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

...from what I've observed, bringing up Antifa all the time in these conversations is just a poor attempt to try to counterbalance the craziness of the right, by trying to desperately find an equivalent on the left.

They can't just bring themselves to admit that their side has a higher concentration of "crazy" and concerning ideas at the moment.

Very few will just openly admit that the current manifestation of right wing extremism is worse than the current manifestation of left wing extremism.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Hmmm...so your position is to rollover and kowtow to extremists as to no get them fired up...

I suspect your stance would be different if this were a conversation about Islamic extremism (Just a hunch).

Typically when someone suggests "hey don't provoke the extremists, you'll just unnecessarily escalate things and cause them to act out in a violent way" --for instance, the "Draw Mohammed Contest" that resulted in a pretty bad outcome, with respect to Islam, conservatives (and it's one thing I'd agree with them on) will say "we have freedom of expression, we should be free to criticize and even agitate them without fear of reprisal"...which, like I said, I agree. However, when we're discussing people from their own camp (or, at the very least, people who clearly supported their guy in the election), they seemingly change their tune and now all of the sudden, "it's other peoples' fault for agitating them...had they just left the extremists alone, it wouldn't have escalated".

Which is it, should people be allowed to openly and vociferously confront extremists? Or should they have to just avoid any and all confrontation in the name of "not getting the nut-jobs all riled up as to prevent them from acting out"?

Upvote 0