Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Two men charged in alleged scheme to attack Democratic headquarters in Sacramento inspired by Trump defeat, DOJ says - CNNPolitics

Federal authorities have arrested two men in California who allegedly wanted to start a movement to overthrow the government and discussed blowing up the Democratic headquarters in Sacramento in a new, major case of would-be domestic terrorists motivated by former President Donald Trump's election defeat......

Five days before the presidential inauguration on January 20 -- which prosecutors believe was to be a key date in the planning of the attack -- the Justice Department apprehended one of the men who had amassed a large arsenal. Ian Benjamin Rogers, 45, of Napa, California, showed strong support for White supremacy and for Trump, and said in text messages he realized he would be labeled a domestic terrorist, according to Justice Department court filings.....

The pair discussed "war" after President Joe Biden's inauguration, the Justice Department said. They also discussed attacking George Soros, a billionaire donor who supports liberal causes, and Twitter, which by then had removed Trump from the social media platform.

That is just crazy!

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,752,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
From the article:

Prosecutors, national security officials and politicians have warned that after Trump and his allies ramped up his lies of a stolen election in November and after a mob of hundreds of Trump supporters attacked the US Capitol on January 6, their inflammatory rhetoric could lead to violence.
An FBI agent specializing in domestic terrorism wrote in court about the messages, "I believe that these latter messages indicate Rogers' belief that Trump ("45") actually won the presidential election and should 'go to war' to ensure he remained in power."

Prosecutors also say Rogers had written to Copeland months before, in November, that he wanted to "hit the enemy in the mouth" with homemade explosives attacking the Governor's Mansion and the Democratic headquarters building in Sacramento, according to DOJ.
Trump's Big Lie just spawns violence.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,752,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That the two men planned and one had an arsenal is not funny and that they were willing to blow things up to start a 'war' is terrible. I am glad they were found out and arrested.

If you don't want to discuss the article, Timothyu, you don't have to post in this thread.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Dealing with the 500 insurrection defendants publicly, decisively and fairly harshly should hopefully discourage these delusional, misled lost souls.

It may also help if the Trump lawyers and lackeys continue to lose cases, go to jail and to face disbarment.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It’s getting bad when a patriotic American can’t stockpile a few dozen firearms, a few rounds of ammo and a couple of simple pipe bombs for a little LARPing without someone making a federal case out of it. What’s wrong with America, anyway?

Upvote 0

Crwth

He must increase but I must decrease
Feb 26, 2014
✟115,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump's Big Lie just spawns violence.
That the two men planned and one had an arsenal is not funny and that they were willing to blow things up to start a 'war' is terrible. I am glad they were found out and arrested.
Agreed, what they were planning is terrible and not funny.

But what IS funny (in a terrible way) is attempting to make it Trump's fault.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,752,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Agreed, what they were planning is terrible and not funny.

But what IS funny (in a terrible way) is attempting to make it Trump's fault.
Would they have done it if they didn't believe Trump about having the election stolen from him?

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,227,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
ADMIN HAT ON
full

This thread has just had a major pruning because of off topic discussion. Please stick to the topic of the OP.
ADMIN HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Crwth

Feb 26, 2014
✟115,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Would they have done it if they didn't believe Trump about having the election stolen from him?
You tell me.

Fwiw, I absolutely believe Democrats did everything in their power to derail the election - and I think time will provide plenty of proof of that (on top of the overwhelming wealth of evidence we already have). So using your logic, it's just as credible that it's Democrat lies and actions that are spawning violence such as these men were planning.

You're an intelligent person - tell us why it has to be Trump and not Democrats who are responsible for these men's actions.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You tell me.

Fwiw, I absolutely believe Democrats did everything in their power to derail the election - and I think time will provide plenty of proof of that (on top of the overwhelming wealth of evidence we already have).

Such as?

If by "derail" you mean actual organized election fraud, the amount of evidence for that is zero.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,752,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You tell me.

Fwiw, I absolutely believe Democrats did everything in their power to derail the election - and I think time will provide plenty of proof of that (on top of the overwhelming wealth of evidence we already have). So using your logic, it's just as credible that it's Democrat lies and actions that are spawning violence such as these men were planning.

You're an intelligent person - tell us why it has to be Trump and not Democrats who are responsible for these men's actions.

One, there is no evidence that the Dems stole the election and 60+ lawsuits did not show it. Currently, some of the lawyers that brought the suits are having to answer for bringing frivolous lawsuits to court.

Two, I did not say Trump is responsible as the men are responsible for their actions. But Trump's Big lie inspired the men.
see Two men charged in alleged scheme to attack Democratic headquarters in Sacramento inspired by Trump defeat, DOJ says - KTVZ

Prosecutors, national security officials and politicians have warned that after Trump and his allies ramped up his lies of a stolen election in November and after a mob of hundreds of Trump supporters attacked the US Capitol on January 6, their inflammatory rhetoric could lead to violence.

An FBI agent specializing in domestic terrorism wrote in court about the messages, “I believe that these latter messages indicate Rogers’ belief that Trump (“45″) actually won the presidential election and should ‘go to war’ to ensure he remained in power.”
The rhetoric that was coming from Trump and folks like Guiliani just made things worse. From the same article:

At one point, a Republican election official begged Trump a on national television to stop his verbal attacks on the election results.

“Someone’s going to get hurt, someone’s going to get shot, someone’s going to get killed,” the official, Gabe Sterling of the Georgia Secretary of State office said on December 1.

Trump responded to Sterling’s comments with a tweet that doubled down on the false election claims.

• Winner
Reactions: mark46
Upvote 0

Crwth

Feb 26, 2014
✟115,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One, there is no evidence that the Dems stole the election and 60+ lawsuits did not show it. Currently, some of the lawyers that brought the suits are having to answer for bringing frivolous lawsuits to court.
Agree to disagree

Two, I did not say Trump is responsible as the men are responsible for their actions. But Trump's Big lie inspired the men.
see Two men charged in alleged scheme to attack Democratic headquarters in Sacramento inspired by Trump defeat, DOJ says - KTVZ
You said, and I quote: "Trump's Big Lie just spawns violence." How is that not ascribing responsibility to Trump? And if Trump is not responsible, why mention him at all?

Even the accusation of inspiration is ascribing responsibility to Trump.

We're Christians - we believe the bible is the inspired word of God. Is it your contention God is not therefore responsible for the bible?

Frankly, it's this very sort of display of irrational contempt and visceral hatred for Trump that - to you use your word - helps inspire the belief that Democrats are doing anything and everything in their power to make sure Trump never enters office again - which you have to admit, continues to happen to this very day.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,752,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump keeps repeating the big lie and it gets repeated by many of his supporters and the belief that he was right just grew on the right. I believe this repetition of the Big lie motivated the behavior of the insurrectionists on Jan. 6th. Same with these two, though there appear to be issues underneath that.

BTW, the word "inspire" has more than one meaning. In terms of scripture, I believe it is God-breathed. The Greek word for inpiration in II Tim. 3:16 is theopneustos. See Strongs -
G2315 - theopneustos - Strong's Greek Lexicon (kjv)

θεόπνευστος theópneustos, theh-op'-nyoo-stos; from G2316 and a presumed derivative of G4154; divinely breathed in:—given by inspiration of God.​

Many people are 'inspired' to exercise when watching the Olympics, or are inspired to eat better after watching certain shows or inspired by work harder after seeing the success of others but those are not the inspiration that is expressed by theopneustos.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
"One, there is no evidence that the Dems stole the election and 60+ lawsuits did not show it. Currently, some of the lawyers that brought the suits are having to answer for bringing frivolous lawsuits to court."

Agree to disagree

What exactly are you disagreeing with?

Upvote 0