USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Praise GOD Joe Biden was wrong. Remember it was going to double and if Joe Biden is what some trust in believe in now then your darkest days are coming. Not for me :) praise GOD glory to Jesus.

Truth.. thanks for posting this.. reminds me again to always be praying. Don't know about you but we have friends that have died from this :( Thanks Tulc

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Praise GOD Joe Biden was wrong.(snip)
this thread isn't about Joe Biden, if you'd like to talk about him you should start a thread about that. This thread is about what's in the OP.
tulc(just a thought)

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for posting and keeping us updated.
The only way to deal with this is mask wearing, hand washing regularly, distancing , staying away from any mass gatherings.

Short term loss of freedom of movement etc is a small price to pay to get on top of it and the long term benefits.

It is so, so sad to hear of the deaths, when so many could be avoided if strong measures were put in place before it got a hold.

People who have moaned about staying home should be grateful they have somewhere to stay. When I think of the homeless and the countries with no hope of being able to socially distance, well it truly breaks my heart.

Upvote 0

Green Sun

404: Star not found
Jun 26, 2015
Somewhere
✟45,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
What ever happened to influenza? No one ever gets sick from that anymore? No one ever dies from that anymore? Anyone that gets sick now, anyone that dies now, it is from coronavirus??
The flu is less contagious than COVID. So even with a small number of people following prevention measures (like masks, social distancing) the number of people contacting it goes way down. For COVID, you need more people to follow the measures to contain it. It also helps that we've had a flu vaccine, and flu vaccines are well known and were distributed as they are every year. We didn't have a COVID vaccine until just recently, and most people don't have it.

• Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Green Sun

Jun 26, 2015
Somewhere
✟45,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Do we not get enough of this on the news every single news broadcast every single day.
Judging from the fact people here are still trying to minimize it? No, we don't get enough.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
United States Coronavirus: 21,857,616 Cases and 369,990 Deaths - Worldometer
21,857,616 cases
369,990 deaths
13,024,142 recovered
4,100 deaths Jan 6th

I don't think that's bad in the grand scheme of things. Remember, few are dying of the flu or pneumonia these days. Many would have died of something else if not this.

In 2018 the U.S. had a mortality rate of 8.7 per 1,000, 2019 was a little higher (bad trend lately) and 2020 is 9.4 per 1,000... so it's higher for sure, but I'm still not convinced it was bad enough to destroy us economically the way we did.. for real. The economy affects everyone... and this reaction to COVID will affect even our grandchildren.

I'm just happy there's a vaccine and we can put it all behind us and begin healing from it all...

Upvote 0

Green Sun

Jun 26, 2015
Somewhere
✟45,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I don't think that's bad in the grand scheme of things. Remember, few are dying of the flu or pneumonia these days. Many would have died of something else if not this.

In 2018 the U.S. had a mortality rate of 8.7 per 1,000, 2019 was a little higher (bad trend lately) and 2020 is 9.4 per 1,000... so it's higher for sure, but I'm still not convinced it was bad enough to destroy us economically.. for real. The economy affects everyone... and this reaction to COVID will affect even our grandchildren.
Excess Deaths Associated with COVID-19, by Age and ...
https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20201217/covid-19-ranks-as-a-leading-cause-of-death-inus
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2774465

CDC says that there are ~198,081 excess deaths from January to October 2020 due to COVID-19. As of December, it is one of the top three leading causes of death for 2020 behind Heart Disease and Cancer.That is beyond bad. For every death, there are others who now have lost a friend, a family member, a spouse to COVID-19. Don't diminish their deaths by saying that money is worth more than a life.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
None of these deaths were preventable, you mortal gods.
or they were, but action would have had to be taken during the "We've turned the corner on this and it's all just going to go away real soon" period in Feb. and March of 2020.
All the President’s Lies About the Coronavirus

President Trump claimed we'd "turned the corner" so many times, it's no wonder he looked like he was running in circles. All while thousands were dying daily. :sigh:
tulc( :sigh: )

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
United States Coronavirus: 21,857,616 Cases and 369,990 Deaths - Worldometer
21,857,616 cases
369,990 deaths
13,024,142 recovered
4,100 deaths Jan 6th
4,100 people did not die of Chinese Coronavirus yesterday. States reported 4,100 deaths yesterday. There is a big difference because many of those deaths actually occurred days or even weeks ago. With two holiday weekends, with significantly fewer reported deaths, it stands to reason that to took a couple days to catch up.

Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
My medical doctor is of the opinion that the draconian measures being used to control the spread of the virus are doing more harm than good, and is a proponent of the approach Sweden is taking, as am I. It is also his considered opinion, looking at the statistics, that a large percentage of Covid fatalities are people who were already at substantial risk of death due to advanced age, and that Covid merely accelerated it.

The greatest cruelty inflicted on us by this dreadful virus is the inability of hospital patients, regardless of whether or not they have covid-19, to be attended by their relations at the bedside, even if those relations test negative for Covid or have been vaccinated.

Colophon:

The key to containing Covid will ultimately be the large scale distribution of the vaccine. This must be done as swiftly as possible; the current slow pace of the rollout runs the risk of the virus mutating in such a way as to reduce vaccine efficacy. That said, President Trump and the Rt. Hon. Boris Johnson deserve a great deal of credit for Operation Warp Speed in the US and similar initiatives in the UK which have greatly expedited the development and release of the vaccine.

Upvote 0

Green Sun

Jun 26, 2015
Somewhere
✟45,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Christmas boom...
Lots of people went to parties and family get togethers anyway despite the warnings.

And it's showing.

It will keep up until February.
Yep. The spike we're soon going to see is going to be far worse than what we saw earlier this year, I'm afraid.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep. The spike we're soon going to see is going 5o be far worse than what we saw earlier this year, I'm afraid.
A lot of the deaths are the second time around people.
Yes, you can get Coronavirus twice...every 6-8 months you are susceptible again because of the lack of natural immunity from getting it. It's novel...so it's going to take some decades before it gets resisted too much.

And the 2nd trippers are getting medical treatment even if they didn't the first time.

Vaccines are here though... I've been notified that they are beginning to hand out to patients and not just health professionals now.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
A lot of the deaths are the second time around people.
Yes, you can get Coronavirus twice...every 6-8 months you are susceptible again because of the lack of natural immunity from getting it. It's novel...so it's going to take some decades before it gets resisted too much.

And the 2nd trippers are getting medical treatment even if they didn't the first time.

Vaccines are here though... I've been notified that they are beginning to hand out to patients and not just health professionals now.
You have zero evidence that this is the case.

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0