west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Everyone seems so nice in the beginning. There was a guy I used to be interested in. But he chose another girl. And down the road, he showed his true colors and there was DV involved. I was relieved I didn't end up with him. And I'm glad she got out of the relationship too. Grass is greener on the other side. Who knows, a person in a drama-fueled relationship may be jealous of a single person's peaceful living space.

• Winner
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Michael972

Sep 18, 2018
Bellefontaine
✟7,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How do you cope? I'm currently attending a training which I'll have to do for the next 3 months (my choice). I'm the only single person my age. Everyone else is hooked
I don't think that I have really coped. I really do miss being in a relationship with someone.

Upvote 0

OceanPoet87

Husband 'N Wifi
Feb 7, 2012
Near Lewiston, ID
✟13,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Enjoy this season of your life. There are many things that are so much easier to do if you are not married. Missions, God calling you to certain places, having more platonic friends of the opposite sex, and even just more time to meet with friends to serve each other. I'm happily married, but I do look back on my single days when I had more time to serve Him by serving my church and my friends.

Reactions: ChicanaRose
Upvote 0

BonnieL322

Oct 20, 2019
Central PA
✟21,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I am 34, widowed, and raising our children solo. I don’t feel like I fit in with marrieds, and find myself relating a lot more to singles, even never married singles. I’m told the same things they are when I make any statement like I’m lonely etc.

I think there are some issues in the younger Christian dating world. But alas, yeah I’m in my 30s and single. Abundantly blessed and have God to lean on through many trials, including major losses aside from the loss of the man God gave to me. Yet, despite what well-meaning brothers and sisters in Christ may say, I feel called to being a wife and I once was, and I miss it and want it again. I don’t base all of my happiness or worth on it, but it is definitely a desire and I feel like being a wife and mother is my calling. But it seems like the dating world nowadays is legitimately a scary place? Or is it just my perception? Lol

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It would really help if we weren't treated as second class citizens even in church. A lot of churches look at anyone over 25 who is single at church as some sort of abomination. But God will NOT treat us as second class citizens after the resurrection. I pray people remember that.

Upvote 0

samylakes

Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2019
Zwolle
✟24,406.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How do you cope? I'm currently attending a training which I'll have to do for the next 3 months (my choice). I'm the only single person my age. Everyone else is hooked

I recently got out of a relationship. Unfortunately, I messed up due to having too having too many lustful feelings and acted on them. I am repenting from that now. I'm turning to God and facing these demons. I believe I didn't take care of these demons before the relationship. I should have taken care of these demons when I was single.

Also, when the relationship ended, I noticed how much I wanted that relationship. It was like I loved her more than I loved Jesus due to the hurt I felt. Another reason why I believe I haven't reached full singleness yet.

I just turned 30 this year, so I'm not a long time into the 30's. But I am going to take my chance as a single guy to actually focus on my relationship with God. When the relationship with the Father is good, the relationship with my future spouse will also be good.

So basically I cope with it by shifting my focus to God. Trusting that this season He has me in is intentional and I should do my part in this season.

Many people don’t surrender to God until adulthood. I’m glad I didn’t marry. I would prefer to commit to a godly companion than walk out an unwise union for the rest of my days.

When I surrendered to Him I relinquished my former self and the mental and emotional baggage that came with my sins. I didn’t carry them with me into the present. If any lingering effects remain they should be addressed in prayer and with spiritual assistance if needed.

My future spouse will have a new creation. Not some quasi holy Oreo. Our physical intimacy will be blessed as will the union. And I’m not a virgin.

It is our responsibility to walk in the fullness of Christ’s sacrifice. We’ve been washed in His blood. And that includes sexual sins. Our redemption is complete. I’m yoked to Him and no other. The past is no more.
This lady is wise!

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0