Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is something that I am struggling with. In fact lately I have been struggling with a lot of things! The way Mary stood up and said let it happen to me is something that I can barely fathom. I am always on the side of "that is too hard" and "why can't this be the way that I want it to be". I guess at the moment something is missing - my faith. My faith in people has hit an all time low and it seems to be effecting my relationship with God. I know this is not the way it should be happening but it is.

However, tomorrow is Good Friday. This day is going to be a time of development, a time of growth, a time to reaffirm my faith in God. For tomorrow is the day that Jesus gave me the greatest gift of all. My faith is solid because there is nothing more I could want. I hope and pray that one day soon I will be able to stand tall and say "whatever You say Lord, I will do it"
I pray that you find the joy and strength you need Evie :)

Upvote 0

songz777

Spouse first strengthens your marriage
Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
30 Days of Singles Encouragement.​
DAY 26

Suddenly All Change.

Genesis 41:14 “Then Pharaoh sent for Joseph, and they took him quickly out of prison; and when his hair had been cut and his dress changed, he came before Pharaoh”

There was Joseph still in prison. There was hope of deliverance two years ago but it all fell flat. He would have gone to sleep praying about this fantastic opening to via the butler but days became weeks and months became years.

Now he is trying to make the most of the situation that he is in, honouring God where he could.

Suddenly a rattle at the doors of the prison and guards come in and I expect quite politely say to him, you must have a wash and shave, Pharaoh wants to see you.

What a story of Suddenly glorious deliverance, there he is in prison and a slave and within hours he is president with power!

Could that be you today? Feel like you are in prison with no hope in site? Sure you may have had hope in the past but now it is all gone. The dream has faded and the hopes gone.
But listen within minutes your whole life could change with new a beginning and new blessings.

The key thing is make the most of now and serve God and in time He will see your humble spirit and lift you up. You could be talking to your future spouse within minutes!

Upvote 0

NathanfromMichigan

Feb 3, 2008
✟7,953.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'd like to be encouraged, I really would. However, things have gone so wrong for so long that I actually need things to *actually* go right instead of hearing biblically how they went right for others. And, unfortunately nothing you say would be able to do otherwise.

Best advice to the young: Really, really try to get married out of college because it very likely *is* your last shot.

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Best advice to the young: Really, really try to get married out of college because it very likely *is* your last shot.

My Uni days are long so I am hoping that you are wrong! :D You know that my life has been far from perfect especially when it comes to members of the opposite sex. I am a classic example of who not to date and what not to do. :cry: Lately things have gone from bad to worse...

And yet there is hope. Like John said, you never really know when the next opportunity is going to come. You never know just how God is going to bless you. At the moment I am hanging out with my family and planning my future. It is all so exciting and I am starting to voice the pain that I have experienced and realising that I need to get over it and move on. There is so much more I can do than wallow in the pain from the past!

My life is like Joseph's - it is not always easy. Things have not turned out the way that I wanted it to. But I am not alone in suffering. I am not alone in being a victim of other peoples decisions. I may be a victim but now I have to make the choice of how I deal with this situation. I would like to say that I was as paitent and determined as Joseph! I am working on it. Everyday is a new opportunity to change. I may not be perfect but God will pick me up where I fail.

God bless

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
30 Days of Singles Encouragement.
DAY 27

Divine Delays

Genesis 41:1 “Now after two years had gone by, Pharaoh had a dream”
Philippians 1:6 “Being confident of this very thing, that he who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Jesus Christ”

There are often times of delay in our lives, but all the time God is at work.
We read that God has begun a good work in us concerning our faith. We take these words as well and apply them in other areas of our life.

You see God had begun a good work with Joseph and a good work with the event of meeting the two inmates and interpreting their dreams.

Joseph would have gone to bed praying about this “God given opportunity” to be freed from jail.
Yet the great hopes he had soon faded as weeks fell into months. Nevertheless God was at work, and a whole two years later when the time was right another man had to have a dream before Joseph’s dream could come true.

The good work had begun in the butler but took two years to ripen to fruit, when he told Pharaoh about him.
We may have come into contact with someone lovely and we had some many hopes and prayed so much and yet it seemed to fade away into despair.

Yet in the back ground God was and is working. He has to let other peoples dreams come to pass and ripen other peoples life experience before He can work His plans out for us.

It just may be that “the special person” we had such high hopes for could come back into our lives, accept this time for good, because the fullness of time had come.

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lam 3:31-33
For the Lord will not cast off forever, But though he cause grief yet will he have compassion according to the multitude of his mercies, For he doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men.

No He hasnt forgot me or you. He longs to bless more than test He aches to bless but must wait for us to be ready.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

silentpoet

Contributor
Jun 1, 2004
Arkansas
✟15,957.00
Faith
Nazarene
Politics
US-Others
This is something that I am struggling with. In fact lately I have been struggling with a lot of things! The way Mary stood up and said let it happen to me is something that I can barely fathom. I am always on the side of "that is too hard" and "why can't this be the way that I want it to be". I guess at the moment something is missing - my faith. My faith in people has hit an all time low and it seems to be effecting my relationship with God. I know this is not the way it should be happening but it is.

However, tomorrow is Good Friday. This day is going to be a time of development, a time of growth, a time to reaffirm my faith in God. For tomorrow is the day that Jesus gave me the greatest gift of all. My faith is solid because there is nothing more I could want. I hope and pray that one day soon I will be able to stand tall and say "whatever You say Lord, I will do it"

For me it is my faith in God that is an issue. People quote the line "If God be for us..." Well to me that seems an awful big if. I know we should be able to trust God, but so much of the evidence is against Him. But that is what I can see. I know God is more than that.

I really think it relates to Holy Saturday more than Good Friday. It is like how the apostles and disciples must have felt on that Saturday. Jesus was laid out in a tomb, they were fearful of being arrested, nothing was going right. The time between the promise and fulfillment is the worst time of all. It may be needful, but it is hardly pleasant. And it in itself does not build faith, it is only when you make it through that faith grows. Maybe it is like the planting of a seed, and Easter Sunday would be like the watering of that seed.

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I really think it relates to Holy Saturday more than Good Friday. It is like how the apostles and disciples must have felt on that Saturday. Jesus was laid out in a tomb, they were fearful of being arrested, nothing was going right. The time between the promise and fulfillment is the worst time of all. It may be needful, but it is hardly pleasant. And it in itself does not build faith, it is only when you make it through that faith grows. Maybe it is like the planting of a seed, and Easter Sunday would be like the watering of that seed.

True - Saturday is the between day. It was the 'wait' day. Waiting is the hardest part about life. It is the time when nothing is really happening that we can see yet there is so much happening. It is the time when our choices are the most important because when the waiting is over, and everything is revealed, we will have to be standing on one side or the other. You are right about the seed but I think Easter Sunday is the day the seed grows. Saturday ois the day of watering and it is only on the Sunday that we see the truth and the flower of hope is revealed.

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
DAY 28

Ripe Time for Harvest

John 2:4 “Jesus said to her, Woman, this is not your business; my time is still to come”

Every experience in life will only happen when the time is RIPE.
The Lord Jesus knew that His time had not yet come, His time was at the cross . But not only this His time for being revealed did not come into He was 30 years old.

The time for HARVEST and that RIPE time did not occur until first a man named John went ahead and prepared the way.
For us whether we are waiting for a potential spouse or some other event in our life, there has first to be a ripe season for us.

The harvest is not gathered until it is really ripe. The farmer may have anxiously gone into the fields and seen it so near ready but not quite. He may have been worried because the weather was soon going to change but it could not be harvested until it was RIPE.

We are the ones that have to wait for the ripe season when we are ready to reap the harvest of our lives trials. We may see someone we like but unless it is the ripe season we will only fail in trying to reap before its ready. We may feel that we will miss the good opportunity if we do not reap now, but we would only reap a poor harvest unripe and unready to yield a blessing.

The Lord is faithful and if the Jesus had to wait for the time to reap the harvest in His ministry how much more should we?

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True - Saturday is the between day. It was the 'wait' day. Waiting is the hardest part about life. It is the time when nothing is really happening that we can see yet there is so much happening. It is the time when our choices are the most important because when the waiting is over, and everything is revealed, we will have to be standing on one side or the other. You are right about the seed but I think Easter Sunday is the day the seed grows. Saturday ois the day of watering and it is only on the Sunday that we see the truth and the flower of hope is revealed.
Intresting analogies. their has to be a harvest so there must be watering and season :)

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single

The Lord is faithful and if the Jesus had to wait for the time to reap the harvest in His ministry how much more should we?

Your right John. We all have to wait for the right time for everything. The harvest is coming in our lives - we just have to withstand the ripening!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
DAY 29

Others Preparing Our way.

Luke 1:17 “And he will go before his face in the spirit and power of Elijah, turning the hearts of fathers to their children, and wrongdoers to the way of righteousness; to make ready a people whose hearts have been turned to the Lord”

There are often times in our lives when God uses other people to prepare the way for us to be blest. Jesus had the way prepared by John the Baptist. The good name of the Lord was spread around first.

We may have to depend upon other people to prepare our way. This could be in the form of prayer or it could be in the way of someone introducing us to someone.
We our selves need to be ready to be those who also “Prepare the way” for others to be blest.

There could be a time when we need to speak about someone to another and tell them of their good worth. It may be that someone will speak good things about us and when we finally get to meet that certain person the ground work has already been done,
We need to pray that God will help those people and lead them to say or do the right things that will lead to a blessing for us and that we also pray for their blessing.

The Lord really needed John to go ahead of Him and we may be really need others to go ahead for us, and give us a good name. This is why I think it is a good idea to have others praying for us and looking out for us.

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
DAY 30

God of the Second Chance.

John 18:27 “Peter denied (knowing Jesus) again: and straight a way the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] crew”
Acts 2:14 “But Peter, getting up, with the eleven, said in a loud voice”

How many of us have made a mistake in our lives? How many have had on opportunity with someone we considered special but we said the wrong things or did the wrong things and then blew that wonderful opportunity?

Well there is good news you are not alone for Peter did the same.
He loved the Lord and somehow because of fear he denied even knowing Him.

Peter was so upset he was in the deepest regret he had ever known. We read he went out and wept bitterly!
Oh how he longed for another chance to prove how he loved Jesus. God was so merciful and did just that.

He gave Peter another chance, and we read later that peter gets up in new courage and tells everyone about Jesus.

The good news is that our Lord is able and willing to give us another chance as well. It may be another chance in our spiritual lives or it could be another chance with a special person we got on so well with and blew it.

Ask the Lord He is willing to give you another chance. He is good that even the mistake you made can be used to make another chance be even more powerful and stronger just as Peter was filled with new determination.
The Lord can take those mistakes and make us wiser and more prayerful in how we deal with our circumstances. So hope again God is the God of another chance.

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well ONE more day to go 31st day. and then well I leave it to the Lord as I know I shall not be able to keep the daily thoughts going .. but I will seek the Lords help and try to be a blessing ... John

Upvote 0