Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Well ONE more day to go 31st day. and then well I leave it to the Lord as I know I shall not be able to keep the daily thoughts going .. but I will seek the Lords help and try to be a blessing ... John
Thank you John for all your dedication over the past 31 days. This has been an awesome thread and I pray the blesses you for all your encouragement and words.

Upvote 0

songz777

Spouse first strengthens your marriage
Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
30 Days of Singles Encouragement.​
DAY 31

Our Prayers are heard.

Acts 10:4 “And he, looking on him in fear, said, What is it, Lord? And he said to him, Your prayers and your offerings have come up to God, and he has kept them in mind”
Daniel 9:23 “At the first word of your prayer a word went out, and I have come to give you knowledge; for you are a man dearly loved: so give thought to the word and let the vision be clear to you”

How many times have we become discouraged by asking God for things? We feel that He isn’t listening or that He juts does not care.
But the fact remains that the first moment we, His child opens his mouth that “God has heard”.

Daniel began to pray about something but still after three weeks there was no sign that God was listening. Yet we read from the first words he began to pray “God heard”.

There was Cornelius he was praying and the messenger was sent to say “your prayer is heard”.
God wants us to be encouraged that He really is concerned about the things that bother us and that from the first word we utter, He is there listening to us.

Sure they may be long delays, just as Daniel had to wait for the answer. Some of us have been asking for many years for things, but He teaches us that we are to keep going and not give up.

Pain and tiredness have a way with us, and seek to discourage us from continuing but the Spirit would say to us “Keep going and your will honour Me and I will honour you”.

Do not give up, keep at it for the act of persistence will make you stronger as well as more blest.

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single

Pain and tiredness have a way with us, and seek to discourage us from continuing but the Spirit would say to us “Keep going and your will honour Me and I will honour you”.

Do not give up, keep at it for the act of persistence will make you stronger as well as more blest.

What a great way to end the 31 days! Persistence is the foundation of success. To keep walking when we no linger feel like it, to continue praying when we don't feel like we are being heard, to have hope when all seems lost...

God always has a bigger plan than we could have ever imagined. He has our lives in the palm of His hands. Everything He does in our lives is to bring glory and honour to Him. He would never place us in a position that would lead us away from Him. He would never leave us. God will bless our lives!

Thank you John for all your encouragement. I hope and pray that you will keep on sharing your wisdom with us. Thank you for all your kindness and support.

:hug:

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thought of the day

"you shall love the Lord your God"
The Lord hurts when we are so busy with our lives ..and perhaps have little time for that "quiet time" may we always make time to keep the embers of His love glowing in our heart

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I really wonder about the prayers being heard. I really do. What is frustrating is you look at people like Ahab, God listened to even him. And here I am still waiting for God to answer my prayers. I really don't understand it at all. All you can do is wait.
Dear Brov.. yes all you and I can do is wait .. know how you feel ... we are both in the same boat its just I am twice your age lol Hey lots of natural hope for you KEEP at it

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thought: We should try to keep our relationship as fresh with God as we would try to do with an earthly partner.

What could I do to make Him happy?
We would think this about our spouse so why not about dear Jesus?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Singles Encouragement.
Will God Provide?
Part 1
There are many hurting people in the world today who are saying in their hearts, “Will God give me a spouse or not?” This “wondering if” is causing many single people sadness and pain. People without hope are like a coconut husk upon the sea being tossed here and there by any wind that blows, it never settles and is never established. The effect of “doubt or lack of assurance” is that it causes unnecessary sadness.

Case 1. Hannah’s Sorrow.
We read in 1 Samuel 1:7. “She [Hannah] wept and would not eat as her enemy [the other wife] taunted her.” Our enemy (Satan) does that to people when they don’t have any firm foundation of faith. Hannah’s life up till then was one of doubts and distress; no real hope, no assurance, no peace. It is not God’s will for you to be in that state of mind, He wants you to know for sure that He will provide your deepest heart’s desire.

Receiving Assurance. In 1 Samuel 1:17, Hannah receives assurance from God via Eli the priest. Look at the effect of it. She is now described as being ‘no longer sad’. Do you want to be like that? She now had faith. Faith is like that coconut finally being grounded and rooted and it cannot be moved by the waves of doubt. When our enemy says “You’re destined and doomed to be single, like it or not pal!” you can say, “NO, I know what God has promised and I will wait for His time however long that may be.”
If you dearly ache and long for something that’s not sinful, it is very likely that God has put that desire there, especially if you are living a righteous life.

God is a God of compassion and mercy and grace, so why would He only give us things that we do not dearly long for and hold back the things that we deeply long for?

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Good point John. Why would God only give us what we don't want? There are many things that I desire and feel as though there is no hope in desiring them. Yet many times I feel that it was not I that put the desire there in the first place. Many times the desires feel like things that are impossible and I am not a brave type of person. In truth I like things simple and easy. That's why I lived the past 2 years in Korea lol.
Many times it is about waiting for the right time and the right way. Don't loose hope for your desires. Believe in them and that the Lord will guide your footsteps towards them.

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Will God Provide?

Case 2. Hezekiah.

Let’s look at Hezekiah. In Isaiah 38: 1 we read, ‘God said to Isaiah go and tell him [Hezekiah] he will die and not live.’
Isaiah is basically saying to Hezekiah, "You’re going to die and that’s the end of the matter."Hezekiah could have said, "Oh well if God said that, that’s it I can’t ask Him to change His mind."

What if you think that you will never have a spouse, yet you deeply ache and weep for such a one? Will you say, "Oh well I guess it’s not God’s will,"? Or will you say, "I am so hurt and longing for this need (which is a need!!) I will not give in until I have assurance that God has heard me to the point of granting me my request,"?Hezekiah did JUST THAT, he didn’t sit back and pine away!

He got on his knees and WEPT and PRAYED to God. He basically said "PLEASE LORD PLEASE, I know I’m not worthy, please grant me my request!" God then replied through Isaiah that He’d heard Hezekiah’s request and would grant it to him, promising him fifteen extra years of life.

If Hezekiah had not asked he would have died! God is waiting for YOU to ask and believe and receive.If you are not ready for her / him yet (He knows the best time), He will delay the time of giving. He will use that time to prepare you to be a better spouse for your other half, and also make you a better person for His service.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Will God Provide?

Case 3.
Canaanite Woman Mark 7:26.

The Canaanite woman came to Jesus with a request. Jesus basically said, "NO!" and the disciples told her to go away!

Did she give up? NO! She would not give in. She knew how much she longed for this request. It was real deep-cutting stuff, and she got her request through her persistence and the faith she showed.

Jesus always encourages us to persist and not give up.

Listen! God is God of mercy. He wants to give you great gifts.

You don’t have to live your life in sadness and doubt. Your life will be weakened, and sad and powerless that way.

It’s not spiritual to keep saying, "Oh Your will be done." God is saying, "Prove My will and pray something. Please, my child pray. I want to give but I want you to ask." Ask God until you have that deep assurance that God has heard and will answer"

If you are not longing enough to persist and pray then you cannot expect to obtain assurance and faith. Ask that your joy may be full.

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Encouragement~ how to cope with Pain & loneliess.

I though this weeks subject may be on how we can cope and live a fuller life even though we hurt so often as singles.

As i have been through the valley of "singles suffering" and had the Deep emotional hurt, forgotten, invisable, unloved and lonely feelings .. but have come out of the valley ~ thought I would share how I managed and learnt how to overcome and not be overcome.

I will start tomorrow evening :)

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
If you are not longing enough to persist and pray then you cannot expect to obtain assurance and faith. Ask that your joy may be full.

Well said John! There are so many things thatI have given up on well before I should of. When we want soething really badly we will do anything to get it and that means pray. There are things that I have been in continuous prayer for and unfortunately there many things I have not. By giving in on my dreams so easily I have not been able to achieve half the things that I have wanted to.

So John is right - keep asking, keep seeking, keep knocking at the door for God will answer you if you keep on believing!

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Well said John! There are so many things thatI have given up on well before I should of. When we want soething really badly we will do anything to get it and that means pray. There are things that I have been in continuous prayer for and unfortunately there many things I have not. By giving in on my dreams so easily I have not been able to achieve half the things that I have wanted to.

So John is right - keep asking, keep seeking, keep knocking at the door for God will answer you if you keep on believing!

No matter what occurs
God has always left the door
Open for us and that we shouldn't
Give up nor give in at all!:groupray:

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status