Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My favourite verse for this evening.

"I have not done it without a reason"Ezekiel 14:23

What ever happens to me has been permitted by God. We rest and trust in His ways which are better than ours.

Upvote 0

songz777

Spouse first strengthens your marriage
Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
30 Days of Singles Encouragement.

DAY 20

Praying for Our Potential Spouse.

1Samuel 1:27 “For this child I prayed; and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him”

Hannah had a longing heart, it was for a child. Her whole being longed for this blessing. For her it was shame in those times not to have a family.
We read that “For this child I prayed”. God heard her and prepared the child that was to be born.

For us we can be doing the same thing. We could put our request in the brackets as well “For this woman / man, I prayed for”. God wants us to be praying even now for our future spouse and that both parties would be prepared for each other and moulded to suit each other.

Just imagine that right now somewhere in the world there is that dear one you hope who feels the potential sadness you feel and the longings you have.

This person LONGS for YOU as much as you long for them.
Pray for this person and ask God to bless them each day at work at home and church life. Ask the Lord help them through low and emotional times, and lonely times.

In doing so you will become part of that person even before you have met them.
Pray today “For this I have prayed for and the Lord HEARD me”.

Reactions: ShainaBrina
Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
"I have not done it without a reason"Ezekiel 14:23

Thank you John for this verse. As I was leaving Korea one of my friends decided to be vindictive and mean. Unfortunately I had something earlier to cause him pain but instead of talkig to me as an adult he decided to 'payback' the pain and then some. It broke my heart to know that as I was heading of into a wonderful new adventure, I didn't have the love and support of this friend. But, I know that all things are for a reason and this verse is a wonderful reminder that God has control over the good and the bad. I can't change the way he feels but I can change the way that I do things in the future.
Thanks John

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
John, your posts have been awesome again. It is a rough journey getting to where your going and then sometimes it takes a while to adjust. In all things prayer is the most important thing. Before I left Korea, I prayed about my jouney, about my arrival, my luggage, my family waiting... There was so many things to pray about! I didn't know my pilots or those who would serve me on the plane but I prayed for them anyway. This same amount of prayer and dedication needs to be applied to my future spouse. I may not know them yet or maybe I do and God is waiting for perfect time to reveal this to me, that is up to God. What I do know is that I need to be pray openly, honestly and with love for my future spouse. I want him to be walking closely with God so that is my first and biggest prayer.

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John, your posts have been awesome again. It is a rough journey getting to where your going and then sometimes it takes a while to adjust. In all things prayer is the most important thing. Before I left Korea, I prayed about my jouney, about my arrival, my luggage, my family waiting... There was so many things to pray about! I didn't know my pilots or those who would serve me on the plane but I prayed for them anyway. This same amount of prayer and dedication needs to be applied to my future spouse. I may not know them yet or maybe I do and God is waiting for perfect time to reveal this to me, that is up to God. What I do know is that I need to be pray openly, honestly and with love for my future spouse. I want him to be walking closely with God so that is my first and biggest prayer.
The Lord is good Evie and any blessing people recieve is from God but He choosed to use me. ;) John

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
30 Days of Singles Encouragement.​
DAY 21

The Fullness of Gods Happiness & Presence.

1Peter 1:8 “You love Him, though you have not seen Him. And though not seeing Him now, you believe in Him and rejoice with inexpressible and glorious joy”

Today is time to reflect on what gives us real deep happiness and joy. You will surprised to know that it is not having a dear close friend or spouse.

The greatest happiness that any single person can have as well as married is the “glorious sense of Gods presence, His nearness, and overwhelming love”.

When you are filled with Gods happiness there is NO room for sadness, worry and emotional pain.
Jesus said that he had come to give life and joy, and joy to the full!

It took me 20 years to realize this and to be able to say the reader, that nothing can make us happier than the joy of the Lord.

If as a single person you are seeking happiness through having a spouse or near friend then I have to say that it will fail. The one you hope for is as weak as you and has no power to make you happy.

God created us to be filled with His love and joy and only after that to enjoy the delights of a friend and spouse.

Ask the Lord to fill you with His joy and happiness and then you will be more ready to enjoy, love and give to a spouse one day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
my verse for this evening

John 15:7 If you are in me at all times, and my words are in you, then anything for which you make a request will be done for you.

The closer we are to the Lord the more likely to see more prayers answered.

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
30 Days of Singles Encouragement.​
DAY 22

Trusting God in the hurting times.

Act 27:23 “For this night there came to my side an angel of the God who is my Master and whose servant I am”

A group of teenagers went camping in hills as part of team building session. One of the lads was quite scared but still went along.
During the night the weather turned rough and gale and rain blew up.
The lad spend the whole night in fear and misery. Little did he know that his father had come along as well and had camped over the other side of the hill. Through the night he would come and stand out side the tent just in case things got really bad.
In the morning he told his son this to which he replied “if only I knew I wouldn’t have worried and I could have enjoyed the night”

Often for single people there is a deep inner pain of wanting to belong to someone, to talk heart to heart and care and cherish someone.
This storm of hurt and pain begins to consume in such a way that the person cannot enjoy the “now time” experience of life.

They fear the future and that they are destine for misery or singleness. But all the time the Father was and is outside of the tent just watching and ready to help when things get bad.
It is good thing to know that God does care about the pain singles feel, and although you may not feel that He is near the fact is that He is very near and just ready to step when needed.

Do not let your life be so consumed by the desire for a spouse and close friend to such away that one day you say “I wish I had made the most of life, if I knew the good He had planned for me I would have enjoyed the now time more”.
Have a blest day.

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single

Do not let your life be so consumed by the desire for a spouse and close friend to such away that one day you say “I wish I had made the most of life, if I knew the good He had planned for me I would have enjoyed the now time more”.
Have a blest day.

What an important reminder. So many times we spean looking to the future that we forget the here and now. We live for a future but not the present.

I know what this is like - for a long time now I have been waiting for the moment that I returned home. I believed that my life would only get better when I left Korea. But the thing is God had other plans. He made my life in Korea a blesing. He enabled me to achieve so much so that now that I am back home so much more is possible because of my time there.

In life there is a time for everything. There is a time for being alone and there is a time to be together. There is a time for happiness and a time for sadness. There is a time for peace and a time for war. There is a time for leaving and there is a time for coming home... Our faith dictates how we live in those times. If we believe our Father is with us then we walk with strength into all situations. We know that it doesn't matter how hard it all is - we will survive and grow into the person God wants us to be.

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My evening Verse.

Why are you crushed down O my soul and why are you troubled in me put your hope in God for I will again give him praise who is my help and my God Psalm 43:5

We all get depressed, no matter how many good things happen to us. We must just wait for His happiness to return again. We shall yet praise this dear Friend.

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

DAY 23

Those Lost Years Will Be Restored.

Joel 2:25 “And I will restore to you
the years that the locust has eaten”

There are many people who have had years as it were robbed from them or kept back from them. Often times for no fault of their own.

Hannah was robbed of years waiting for a child. Sarah and Abraham were robbed of years and their youth to enjoy a son. Joseph was robbed of his youthful years and I could go on.

For some single people there is a sense of “I have lost out whilst others were being blest” I have been robbed of the “wife / husband of my youth”. The truth is you have missed out on those years, but the good news is that God has the power to condense down those lost years and give you a very rich fewer years.

This is rather like taking a micro gram of essence from a fragrant plant each month and then given you a whole litre of it in one go!

God is faithful and He will condense down those lost years and make what time you have left the more richer and fuller than it would have been for many married years.

These words are faithful and true and from Gods word. Believe them and you will be established.

Reactions: silentpoet
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

DAY 24

God Can do Miracles.

Matthew 3:9 “And say not to yourselves, We have Abraham for our father; because I say to you that God is able from these stones to make children for Abraham”

How we tend to look at the impossible nature of situations around us. God was saying the people in this verse that if He wanted to that He could “raise up children from the very stones around Him”.

God is able to do all things. People may fret and worry about where they will find or meet their potential spouse. People can think that there is no hope. Yet this very verse says that if God so wanted to He could create children for Abraham from the very stones around Him.

Do you know that if God wanted He could even “create” someone especially for you! Is it so hard for God to do who made Adam from the dust of the ground? Of course it is not very likely. But do you see my point? You see if God can do that, then how much easier for Him to move in His power and bring someone to you or lead you to someone who is 1000’s of miles away.

God is able. Geographical problems are not problems to God He is able.
Live your life for God seek His pleasure and happiness and He will do the miracle. As Mary said “what ever He says to you just do it”. the miracle begins with you believing in Gods power and He says “according to your faith it will be so”.

Do not fret about your situation, locality, small church, shy state, low self esteem or unattractiveness, not your age nor build. Leave it to God He will prepare you both to suit each other.

God is able. Bring Him joy by saying that to Him and allow Him to do the rest.

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Live your life for God seek His pleasure and happiness and He will do the miracle. As Mary said “what ever He says to you just do it”. the miracle begins with you believing in Gods power and He says “according to your faith it will be so”.

This is something that I am struggling with. In fact lately I have been struggling with a lot of things! The way Mary stood up and said let it happen to me is something that I can barely fathom. I am always on the side of "that is too hard" and "why can't this be the way that I want it to be". I guess at the moment something is missing - my faith. My faith in people has hit an all time low and it seems to be effecting my relationship with God. I know this is not the way it should be happening but it is.

However, tomorrow is Good Friday. This day is going to be a time of development, a time of growth, a time to reaffirm my faith in God. For tomorrow is the day that Jesus gave me the greatest gift of all. My faith is solid because there is nothing more I could want. I hope and pray that one day soon I will be able to stand tall and say "whatever You say Lord, I will do it"

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My verse of the evening :)

John 13:7 "What I am doing now doesnt make sense but it will afterward"

We do not know Gods ways and the reasons for why things happen to us. But often He shows us the reason at a later date.

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
DAY 25

Now they all want you.

Job 42:10 “And the Lord made up to Job for all his losses, after he had made prayer for his friends: and all Job had before was increased by the Lord twice as much”

Job knew all about hurt and rejection. God tested him so very much. But little did Job know that within a few days all was to change in a big way.
All his sorrows were to end and great blessing to come. We read that God turned Job’s situation right around. He was once alone and suddenly all his family and friends come to him and he has his whole life’s possessions doubled.

This could be just to happen to you! Are the one who has no close friends or no one of the opposite sex to really chat to? Job was like that, he had no one and suddenly he couldn’t keep them away.

Why did they suddenly all want to come to job? Had hit it rich? Become famous? No! They all came to him because God moved their hearts back to him.

Can you imagine suddenly having so many people wanting to be your friend and be with you? No it seems hard to believe, but it happened to job so why not for you?
God will richly bless your life, it takes time and pain and long waits, but in the end He proves His kindness like He did for Job.

Not only was Job blest but the very inner core of his life was so much more pure that even his daughters were blest by beauty.
God will also bless people through us because of our trying time.

Upvote 0