Jun 1, 2004
Arkansas
✟15,957.00
Faith
Nazarene
Politics
US-Others
Saturday Evening thought :)

"Our Heart is not just to give to a spouse. Heart affections should be as powerful to God as we feel for eathly love"
I can't really do that. I don't feel much positive emotions towards God. I'll serve Him, but love is not something I can feel towards God. I do my best to do His will, but love is not there. I would die for His causes, but I cannot feel love for Him at this time.

Upvote 0

songz777

Spouse first strengthens your marriage
Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
30 Days of Singles Encouragement.

DAY 15

The Cost of Being Single.

Luke 23:35 “And the people were looking on. And the rulers made sport of him, saying, He was a saviour of others; let him do something for himself, if he is the Christ, the man of God's selection”

Today I thought we would look at the Lord Jesus as an example of having the power and ability but restraining it for His Father and us.

You see the Lord had the POWER to do any thing, He could have easily have come down from the cross and vaporised His enemies. But no He loved His Father too much for that and thus He loved us.

The Enemy worked through the crowd and people moved by Satan said “If you are God come down”!
He would have “tempted” to resist the hurt and pain and be freed from it.

For us we have the POWER to go and get any one as it were to be paired up with. I mean we could have gone years ago and dated and had a romantic relationship with a very nice social non Christian. We could have had that loving embrace by now and all that goes with that.

But my love for God and His Son has like Jesus affected my heart. We hurt at times and yet like the dear Lord we must seek to say “Not my will”. We love Him and so we want t please Him. We walk in pain and are persecuted by the Enemy by “Inner pain from emotions and loneliness” as was our Lord.

We are tempted o give up and “come down from our cross” and date a non Christian just to ease our hurt. But the love of God in us “restrains us”. Yes, being single is a cost. But if we wait and seek Him first He will turn our pain into blessing because He is faithful.

We hurt because we choose to follow Jesus, yet we know that in the end we shall be the blest. The God of all Creation sees our sacrifice to Him and will in time reward us.

Reactions: silentpoet
Upvote 0

Michigander

Mar 3, 2008
✟7,644.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This is so funny - I get a daily bible verse e-mail, and today's e-verse, I just HAD to post here!!!!

The God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 1Peter 5:10

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
But my love for God and His Son has like Jesus affected my heart. We hurt at times and yet like the dear Lord we must seek to say “Not my will”. We love Him and so we want t please Him. We walk in pain and are persecuted by the Enemy by “Inner pain from emotions and loneliness” as was our Lord.

That is the hardest thing to say - not my will. It is always hard to give our will over to someone else. We always want to do and have things our own way. We think that we knoe what is right for us. I know, I have been there done that and got the t-shirt so to speak. I always thought that I knew the right way of living my life until I did the one thing that I thought that I would never do. It was a downward spiral. Yet, there is hope even for me and the only hope I have is that when I look towards Gods will He in turn will provide everything that is needed to overcome the loneliness and bitterness. I learnt the hard way to give myself to the Lord and seek His will above all things.

We hurt because we choose to follow Jesus, yet we know that in the end we shall be the blest. The God of all Creation sees our sacrifice to Him and will in time reward us.

Yes, in the end we shall be blest. There is nothing that is going to stp God's blessings flowing down upon us.

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I can't really do that. I don't feel much positive emotions towards God. I'll serve Him, but love is not something I can feel towards God. I do my best to do His will, but love is not there. I would die for His causes, but I cannot feel love for Him at this time.

May I ask why you don't feel any positive feelings towards God? I know that this may be a little too personal to share here so if you would like to PM me that is fine. I have my own fair share of sorrow. I know what it is like to be barely scraping by and not being able to love myself let alone loving someone else or even God for that matter. I always thought that if I just did God's will that would be fine. If I just followed the instruction manual then I could get by and so thats what I did. Sure I got by but I was always missing something. I always had an empty feeling. Soon that empty feeling became overwhelming and so I tried to fix it in other ways and slowly I lost my relationship with God. Sure I would do His will when it suited me and I went to church, Bible study and all the rest but my emotions where all over the place and I somedays it hurt just to breathe. But slowly my life changed. I slowly started to learn to love God and myself. I no longer felt so empty all the time. True, there are still moments of unease but they are fleeting. Loving God gives me a joy in life that I never felt before. It gives me a place to rest when I need it and a place to feel secure even with all my flaws and past mistakes.

I am not perfect. I don't know the answers to my life least of all yours but I do know that there is a joy that comes from loving the Lord and doing His will not as a servant but as a loving, caring dughter. I hope and pray that you will in time come to experience it for yourself.

God bless

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is so funny - I get a daily bible verse e-mail, and today's e-verse, I just HAD to post here!!!!

The God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 1Peter 5:10
Thats a good verse I used it last year when I was tried about something.. i trusted in it and proved it to be true :)

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

My Favourite verse for the evening.

I know that I will live to see the LORDs goodness in this present life, Trust in the LORD , Have faith do not despair Trust in the LORD
Psalm 27:13

God will show us GREAT kindness even more than we have kown so far

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

DAY 16

Taking away to give something better.

John 16:7 “But what I am saying is true: my going is for your good: for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you”

Hebrews 10:9 “He takes away the first, that he may establish the second”

Here we read of two situations. The first is the Lord saying that He was going away soon to heaven. The disciples didn’t want to let Him go and rightly so. But He said if I do not go I cannot sent the Spirit to them. He goes onto say that “His going away was for their good” and that once He had gone that the Spirit would come and be even closer to them because He would live in them and be with them always.

The second reading says that God sometimes takes away something so that he may establish something better. He takes away the first that He may established the second.

For us there are often the FIRST things that come into our lives but are only with us for a while. We do not want to let go of that SITUATION or may be that PERSON. We want to hold onto it or them and refuse to believe that God has something even better for us.
It may be the case that you have met someone or know of someone who is really nice and you do not want to let go of that hope. But sometimes God is saying I am taking away that situation because I have something better. He may be saying it is for your good and that it must happen so that the second blessing may become established.

It surely hurts to have face the fact that it its time to let go of a situation and move on but God is able to give the strength to need. We can do this with assurance that he knows what is best and for our lifes enrichment.

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My favourite verse for this evening.

For he satisfies the longing soul and fills the hungry soul with goodness Psalm 107:5

When I hunger it is the Lord who feeds me. He feeds my heart and deepest being with His joy. This is a promise. Blessed are those who hunger for Him. He satisfies me deeo within and even more than a dear close spouse could do. Because God satisifies our spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
30 Days of Singles Encouragement.​
DAY 17

Turning Sorrow into laughter.

John 16:20 “Truly I say to you, You will be weeping and sorrowing, but the world will be glad: you will be sad, but your sorrow will be turned into joy”

The world around were rejoicing and happy. But for 11 of the disciples there was sadness and heavy hearts. Their best friend was soon to leave them.
Yet Jesus says that their sorry would soon go, just as the sorrow and pain of childbirth has great pain.

But as verse 21 says Joy follows the pain.
May be you are those who have had a lot of sorrow in our lives, perhaps you have had more than your fair share? After all how often have you seen so many people seemingly more blest than you but far less a Christian and follower of the Lord than you are?

Yet the Lord reiterates the words of hope for us all, that are “sorrow may last he night but JOY comes in the morning”. God will bring you through the dark night of gloom if that is where you are now.

The bright morning star will soon rise to say dawn is coming and happier days as well.
Sorrow and sadness will flee away and the JOY of the Lord will be your STRENGTH again.

Dried and weary hearts will be blest by the sunlight of Jesus, who will lift you up into the blue skies above with Him to enjoy life to the full again.

Others are having times of blessing and happiness but your time will come why? Because God does actually care about you!

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My Favourite verse for this evening.

When the LORD brought back those that returned to Zion we were like unto them that dream. Psalm 126:1

So why shouldnt we expect the dreams we dream to come true also?
If God could do ot for them why not for us?

Do you have a dream? Something too amazing to hope for? That is what God can do. DREAM today.

Upvote 0

Michigander

Mar 3, 2008
✟7,644.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I must respond to silent poet - I can't believe I missed such a huge statement, as I can't feel love towards God right now...and I have got to respond to that:

Draw near to him, and he will draw near to you.

I've had times in my life where I've felt far away from God - and it was ME. The more I pulled away, the less I felt him, and the less I gave him. If you are truly living for God, your heart has got to be in it. Because if you're serving him, but only because it's "the right thing to do" - then all you're doing is going through the motions.

Paul said that if we do all these wonderful things without love - then it is like the tinkling of a cymbal - what good is it worth.

I would implore you to take some time to search out the love of God. Because without it, I personally don't believe you will have the right QUALITY of love to give your partner (or at least what I would want in a spouse).

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I must respond to silent poet - I can't believe I missed such a huge statement, as I can't feel love towards God right now...and I have got to respond to that:

Draw near to him, and he will draw near to you.

I've had times in my life where I've felt far away from God - and it was ME. The more I pulled away, the less I felt him, and the less I gave him. If you are truly living for God, your heart has got to be in it. Because if you're serving him, but only because it's "the right thing to do" - then all you're doing is going through the motions.

Paul said that if we do all these wonderful things without love - then it is like the tinkling of a cymbal - what good is it worth.

I would implore you to take some time to search out the love of God. Because without it, I personally don't believe you will have the right QUALITY of love to give your partner (or at least what I would want in a spouse).
Yes i agree. When we feel so low its funny that we find our selves wanting to turm away from the one who can actually help us. Praying for SP

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

DAY 18

Ask of the Lord

Isaiah 7:11 “Ask a sign of the Lord your God; ask it either in the depth, or in the height above”

James 4:2 “..you have not your desire, because you do not make request for it”

John 16:24 “Up to now you have made no request in my name: do so, and it will be answered, so that your hearts may be full of joy”

The Lord desires us to ask for things but sometimes we are afraid to ask because God may say no. We may be afraid to ask because we have a negative attitude that says “God never answers the things I really want for”. Or it may be the case that we do not think God will answer it.

The Lord really does want us to ask for things, and how much more the things that really concern our hearts. Because of the trials of life we begin at times to feel so low that we fail to ask God for things and start to think well what’s the point the doesn’t seem to care about me.

This actually breaks His heart because He really does care.
The word of God does say that often times we do not have things because we do not ask for them. For some people the request for something has never even happened.

May be its time for a new outlook on life and Gods power. Sure we have had some tough times and not seen it as we would like to, but still ask. God says Ask and it shall be given, but it does not say ask and it shall be given right away.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

swee

Sep 26, 2006
Visit site
✟15,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Day 2 Singles Encouragement

Isaiah 30:18 "The Lord will wait so that He may be gracious to you.."

The pain of waiting is real. waiting only hurts when we wait for something we really want. If its a spouse or a family the pain could be greater.
As we wait our character is shaped and improved by God. Waiting is a trial and it seems endless but jOY does come in the end. Winters of affliction give way to the joys of summer of blessing.

The Lord LONGS to bless you as "wait" can be translated also. He longs to bless us but He is waiting for the BEST time for His glory, others blessing and our BEST blessing.

If one waits all day to go to the store, by the time they get there it may be closed. I don't think I am very accessible now so I can only imagine I will be impervious in due course.

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Verse of the evening.

You have casued men to ride over our heads we went through fire and flood, but you have brought us into a wealthy place psalm 66:12.

yes we may go through deep waters and the enemy have tempory victory, but in the end we are brought into much blessing.

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If one waits all day to go to the store, by the time they get there it may be closed. I don't think I am very accessible now so I can only imagine I will be impervious in due course.
With the Lord Swee all things are possible. If there is hope for me there sure is for you :) be strong

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
30 Days of Singles Encouragement.​
DAY 19

Making the Most of Now

Ephesians 5:16 “Making good use of the time..”

How ever much single people may want to be married or have a precious friendship with the opposite sex it is so very important to make the most of now.

The bible says we are to “make the most of the time we have to live for God”. There are so many things we can do as single people that we shall not be able to do when we are committed to someone no matter how much we may love them.

You cannot devote lengthy times to Gods service in a one to one ministry when you have a spouse and family to think about and neither can you really develop natural and spiritual gifts.
For example to learn to play a musical instrument takes many hours, and being single would facilitate this. Many would love to be married now or be committed to someone but the fact remains that it will mean a change of priorities.

I have done so much with God because of my singleness of which I am so grateful to God for. Of course there has been many painful and lonely times as well.

When you finally have that very special person you do not want to look back over your life and say “I wish I had made the most of my situation instead of being so sad and spending my whole time saying if only I were married etc”

God wants us to be as it were “content” in our situation until He brings about the change we may so long for. Let your life count for God now and not only begin when you have that special someone.

Upvote 0