3 Things or more not to try again because of age.

Johnboy60

Looking For Interesting News.
Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi,

1. Climbing trees without a ladder. Because when I did I couldn't get down very well and felt like a cat in a tree.

2. jogging around the block.

3. Working 20 hours without sleep.

What is your three things or more you will not try again?

Robert.

wildthing

Legend
Apr 9, 2004
somewhere in Michigan
✟23,757.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
I must of broke all three of those things. This last weekend I top out a tree which meant I climb up and then down it. I got in to a water gun fight with kid four house down from me which meant I ran alot. And I have done the twenty hour thing about a month or two ago.

At this point the only thing I might delay for would be doing mogels in down hill skiing, but that would only be a slight delay.

Upvote 0

HoosierCanuck

Senior Contributor
Feb 4, 2004
midwest US
✟24,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I definitely agree with the 'working 20 hours without sleep'. Ugh! I'm trying to figure out how I survived on 3 hours of sleep a night for about 3 1/2 years while I worked full time and put myself through college full time. yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn. Well, I know it was mostly thanks to 32-oz cappucinos. :)

2. Staying up 42 hours straight (August 1997--no, there were no chemicals involved!)

3. I'm less likely to drive an 'unreliable' car through various places now that I'm older. (in 1990 I drove a Pinto from central Indiana to a Cubs game!) yikes!!!!!

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟322,859.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Hi, How old are you? If your in 40's not everybody can do the things they did in their 20's again. People in 40's start getting muscle and joint problems.

Robert.
Now I'm feeling young. I had no such problems in my 40s!

A few things I'll probably not do again.

1) The Land rush! (A bike ride San Francisco to Los Angeles in 2 days). Heck I probably won't do The Grand Tour a mere 200 miles in one day.

2) Playing a rugby match with broken ribs. (playing a match is still on under the right circumstances)

3) I think my solo backpacking days are over. I don't think I can just tape it up and walk out any more.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I don't think I'll shingle a roof again ... not that I don't think I can, its just that I'd rather do something else with my time.
I don't plan to get married again ... don't want the government defining my relationships again.

I'd hike, ski, play sports again .. but not too intensely. So didn't have a third one show up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Lol.
You a riot blackribbon. You cant seem to go without a post without commenting on everyone elses, derailing the thread.

I dont hold hands. I hate handshakes. Dont know why people do it. I had this bf once who tried to hold hands with me, it was horrible, cos he then stole my eftpos card and helped himself to my cash. Im like, sorry, Im not your mother, or the fifth beatle.

But I hug people and let people take my arm.
Just no holding hands thanks. Im too old to play those sorts of childish games and pdas to show off to everyone you going round with them.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Lol.
You a riot blackribbon. You cant seem to go without a post without commenting on everyone elses, derailing the thread.

I dont hold hands. I hate handshakes. Dont know why people do it. I had this bf once who tried to hold hands with me, it was horrible, cos he then stole my eftpos card and helped himself to my cash. Im like, sorry, Im not your mother, or the fifth beatle.

Just no holding hands thanks. Im too old to play those sorts of childish games and pdas to show off to everyone you going round with them.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
<sigh> I think holding hands is one of the things I miss most about being married. And I learned that holding hands with my patients is one of the most therapeutic types of touch I can give them. I don't mean to 'derail' the thread. I simply can't think of 3 things that I would no longer do at this age and I was trying ... and holding hands is something I'd never give up. I don't have any issues with you not wanting to touch those you love but it isn't a childish thing on any level.

As for posting a lot, I thought that is what a forum is for. There are at least 3 days each week that I don't post hardly at all and that is when I am working so you get a break on those days. I actually don't think I post any more than you do, Good book. I will confess, I live a pretty lonely life.

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
1) being a DJ in a nightclub until 3am
2) wearing 3in shoes all night
3) staying up all night on any kind of games console

All of the above seemed to be linked to sleep. I tend to be knocked out by 10pm

Sent from my cuckoo, la la mind ;-)

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
<sigh> I think holding hands is one of the things I miss most about being married. And I learned that holding hands with my patients is one of the most therapeutic types of touch I can give them. I don't mean to 'derail' the thread. I simply can't think of 3 things that I would no longer do at this age and I was trying ... and holding hands is something I'd never give up. I don't have any issues with you not wanting to touch those you love but it isn't a childish thing on any level.

As for posting a lot, I thought that is what a forum is for. There are at least 3 days each week that I don't post hardly at all and that is when I am working so you get a break on those days. I actually don't think I post any more than you do, Good book. I will confess, I live a pretty lonely life.
Amen. I saw an elderly couple holding hands and taking an evening stroll on one of the rare occasions we had a sunny day and it was one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen.

Sent from my cuckoo, la la mind ;-)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BadHabit

Does not play well with others
Apr 12, 2016
Earth
✟2,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Lol.

I don't think you're odd. I'm the same way. In fact, I might even be a little more extreme. Physical contact makes me really uncomfortable. My personal space bubble is quite large and I don't like it violated.

Reactions: Goodbook
Upvote 0