United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
3 States See Record High In Daily Coronavirus Infections After Reopening

Texas, Arizona and Florida all reported their highest daily increases in new coronavirus cases on Tuesday, even after all three states implemented and later lifted stay-at-home orders meant to stop the spread of infections.

State officials in Florida reported 2,783 new cases, in Texas, 2,622, and in Arizona, 2,392. All three states have seen social distancing regulations relaxed for weeks, and most businesses have been allowed to reopen in some capacity.

The figures come amid ongoing efforts by President Donald Trump and other Republican leaders to downplay the ongoing spread of the virus. At least 21 states have seen rates of new cases increase over the last two weeks as a majority of the country reopens.
20 states have seen their numbers of infections grow. Hospitalizations have grown.

Oklahoma had a 68% increase. Local officials do not want Trump to have a rally.

• Informative
Reactions: Broken Fence

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Texas, Arizona and Florida all reported their highest daily increases in new coronavirus cases on Tuesday, even after all three states implemented and later lifted stay-at-home orders meant to stop the spread of infections.

State officials in Florida reported 2,783 new cases, in Texas, 2,622, and in Arizona, 2,392. All three states have seen social distancing regulations relaxed for weeks, and most businesses have been allowed to reopen in some capacity.

The figures come amid ongoing efforts by President Donald Trump and other Republican leaders to downplay the ongoing spread of the virus. At least 21 states have seen rates of new cases increase over the last two weeks as a majority of the country reopens.
20 states have seen their numbers of infections grow. Hospitalizations have grown.

What's the point of stay at home orders while thousands are in the streets protesting? Looks like the people have decided its time to get out of the house.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Protests were unfortunate in timing, but many did wear masks and were outside when protesting which helps.

Getting out of the house to go to indoor places to drink and party without masks is plain dumb and will cause others or themselves to get sick and possibly die.
So much for #All lives matter.

It will be interesting to see what happens after the Trump rally in Tulsa.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Protests were unfortunate in timing, but many did wear masks and were outside when protesting which helps.

Getting out of the house to go to indoor places to drink and party without masks is plain dumb and will cause others or themselves to get sick and possibly die.
So much for #All lives matter.

It will be interesting to see what happens after the Trump rally in Tulsa.

According to some its safe to go through a drive thru to get food but a drive through church service will kill people.

Going to Lowes and Walmart is seen as a necessity and safe enough to do but being inside a church using the same precautions gets news articles about church outbreaks.

Crazy times we live in.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
According to some its safe to go through a drive thru to get food but a drive through church service will kill people.

Going to Lowes and Walmart is seen as a necessity and safe enough to do but being inside a church using the same precautions gets news articles about church outbreaks.

Crazy times we live in.
I haven't seen complaints about drive through church services.
But then I haven't gone through drive through fast food either and the church service is streamed online. Nor have I gone to Lowe's or Home Depot.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I think Trump has a duty to downplay the virus and open things back up. It's a tough job being President. The government can only function on borrowed money for so long and then it has to collect. If our government was to fail there would be millions of people in serious trouble. We are already seeing costs rise on goods and its only going to get worse. He may not make it publicly known but I'm sure he is looking at the number of deaths from opening VS not opening. That's one decision I would hate to have to make. Let's hope he gets it all figured out.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I haven't seen complaints about drive through church services.
But then I haven't gone through drive through fast food either and the church service is streamed online. Nor have I gone to Lowe's or Home Depot.

One of the first things I noticed in my town was the long lines at the liquor store drive through. People were lined up onto the highway. Food was my first priority but obviously other people had different ideas of what was important.

• Agree
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think he had a duty to respond intelligently from the beginning and to demonstrate good practice in wearing masks and practicing social distance. He shouldn't have downplayed the virus from the beginning. He continues to do so, saying it will just go away in his press conference in the Rose garden yesterday.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
We wouldn't be in this continuing mess, if the WH had not botched the initial response to the pandemic. Trump spent weeks in denial before finally doing something effective. And tens of thousands died. And more to come, because it would have been far more effective to act on it at once, rather than try to catch up after it exploded.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
He is still in denial. It will "just disappear" is what he said the other day.

Now there were be a rally tomorrow in Tulsa. Check the numbers there:

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) | Tulsa Health Department

Screenshot 2020-06-19 at 11.42.14 AM.png

Florida is doing bad:

Coronavirus: Florida reports another 3,822 cases of COVID-19, new one-day record

Florida reported another 3,822 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday morning, breaking the one-day record of 3,207 set just 24 hours earlier.

Florida is now up to 89,748 total confirmed cases and 3,104 deaths associated with COVID-19, according to the latest data released by the health department.

Arizona is doing badly too:

Arizona Coronavirus Map and Case Count

Screenshot 2020-06-19 at 11.48.25 AM.png

2,572 new cases yesterday,
The governors of Arizona, Florida and Oklahoma are making stupid decisions.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
  • Informative
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
What's the point of stay at home orders while thousands are in the streets protesting? Looks like the people have decided its time to get out of the house.
The WHO reported that yesterday had the highest number of new COVID-19 cases reported since the start of the pandemic and that Brazil and the US were the major contributors!

Most of the protestors are young and wearing masks - health authorities have also concluded that outdoor events reduces the spread of infection!

To dismiss the George Floyd protests as an excuse for people to get out of the house is just another example of denial - conversely, there is only 1 President and his lfailure to provide leadership by serving as a role model in the middle of a pandemic is beyond shocking!

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He is still in denial. It will "just disappear" is what he said the other day.

Now there were be a rally tomorrow in Tulsa. Check the numbers there:

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) | Tulsa Health Department

Florida is doing bad:

Coronavirus: Florida reports another 3,822 cases of COVID-19, new one-day record

Florida reported another 3,822 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday morning, breaking the one-day record of 3,207 set just 24 hours earlier.

Florida is now up to 89,748 total confirmed cases and 3,104 deaths associated with COVID-19, according to the latest data released by the health department.

Arizona is doing badly too:

The governors of Arizona, Florida and Oklahoma are making stupid decisions.
Note how small the death to case ratio is. Granted, this is serious. But the fatality rate is tiny compared to what was initially feared when this virus first hit us. We will see new cases. We just will. But we can not stay locked down forever. I agree with the irony and silliness of Walmart being opened, while church attendance is virtually illegal or impossible in places. Crazy.

• Agree
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Note how small the death to case ratio is. Granted, this is serious. But the fatality rate is tiny compared to what was initially feared when this virus first hit us. We will see new cases. We just will. But we can not stay locked down forever. I agree with the irony and silliness of Walmart being opened, while church attendance is virtually illegal or impossible in places. Crazy.
We're not staying locked down forever. Most states are fairly far into opening. Unfortunately, indoor church is very late in the reopening, for good reason. But outdoor services should be fine, and it's now warm enough to do that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
The reason the fatality rate is smaller is that we now know there are more undetected cases. We don't suddenly have fewer deaths because we find more undetected cases and lower the ratio. The number I look at isn't cases. That depends too much on testing. It's hospitalization. That's what triggered NY's action: hospitals were filling. There are a couple of states now approaching capacity.

By the time we hear about deaths, it's almost a month after the initial infection. That's too long a delay to use deaths to see how serious an outbreak is.

Here's the latest hospitalizations from several states: https://twitter.com/COVID19Tracking/status/1274829833487314944/photo/1

It's interesting that California is seeing more cases but not hospitalizations. That suggests to me that the cases may be due to increased testing. But there are states that are seeing an increase in hospitalization, as you'll see above.

• Informative
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
There is some suggestion that the fatality rate may be going down. Maybe treatment is getting better, maybe there's something else. But I think anything that puts someone in the hospital is serious.

There's also a trend of increasing infection among those in their 20s and 30s, although this isn't necessarily reflected in hospitalization or death. It's dangerous if they have contacts with older people though. Younger Adults Are Increasingly Testing Positive For The Coronavirus. Just wait to schools and colleges reopen...

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
There is some suggestion that the fatality rate may be going down. Maybe treatment is getting better, maybe there's something else. But I think anything that puts someone in the hospital is serious.
Is the fatality rate based upon hospitalizations or on the amount of those who are or have been infected?

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think a key thing to remember is that people are spending a very long time on ventilators and many stay on oxygen for weeks beyond hospitalization

It is one thing to open up but then when folks deny the virus exists, or refuse to wear masks, etc, it is irresponsible.

Upvote 0