Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
This is not good. Me and my mom are still practicing social distancing in small texas town. We have had cases double here from 25 to 50 in last 4 days. 1 death, we are still only leaving house for food.

I think this is gonna get a lot worse. I also think that we are gonna see a surge in infection rate and deaths when the virus mutates. I would be cautious. God bless.

The coronavirus has mutated and appears to be more contagious now, new study finds

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Hospitalization. But at this point it's just a suggestion.
Perhaps the people who are being hospitalized now are those who are at less risk of death vs those who were hospitalized at first were more high risk and since then those who are at high risk are being a lot more careful.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Note how small the death to case ratio is. Granted, this is serious. But the fatality rate is tiny compared to what was initially feared when this virus first hit us. We will see new cases. We just will. But we can not stay locked down forever. I agree with the irony and silliness of Walmart being opened, while church attendance is virtually illegal or impossible in places. Crazy.
Given that Ameica has less than 5% of the world's population and approximately 25% of the confirned cases and deaths attributable to COVID-19, Trump and his Administration have consistently made the wrong decision at every turn and there is no reason to believe that this record is about to improve in the foreseeable future!

Is it just coincidence that the US and Brazil currently lead the world in the number of reported new cases testing positive and that each has a President who has remained in a state of denial as to the seriousness of this pandemic - 20,000 to 25,000 Americans contact the virus daily, more than enough to fill the Tulsa auditoriom each and every day to overflowing!

As President of all Americans, the fact that over 2,358,000 have been infected and 122,000 died within a few months was never acknowledged during his Tulsa speech, which attempted to further divide rather than comfort a grieving nation - this speaks volumes as to this President's true priorities -

Its all about him!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

revybub

Just here to grow, learn, give council, love God
Site Supporter
Jun 8, 2020
Michigan
✟200,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I consider myself pretty neutral when it comes to party affiliation. That said. Do you all feel Biden will do a better job than Trump? I claim to be no Trump boot licker. Though there are some decisions of his I have supported.

I really don't see Biden finishing a full term. His health seems rather questionable. I feel his VP would end up finishing it.

With these 2 being our choices. Do you feel it is time we finally vote in a 3rd party candidate?

I feel like whoever ends up winning. We will probably see even worse reactions to either win. Such as protests and so on. I pray that is not the case.

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I consider myself pretty neutral when it comes to party affiliation. That said. Do you all feel Biden will do a better job than Trump? I claim to be no Trump boot licker. Though there are some decisions of his I have supported.

I really don't see Biden finishing a full term. His health seems rather questionable. I feel his VP would end up finishing it.

With these 2 being our choices. Do you feel it is time we finally vote in a 3rd party candidate?

I feel like whoever ends up winning. We will probably see even worse reactions to either win. Such as protests and so on. I pray that is not the case.
I wish there was a third candidate. As it is there are different third party candidates in different states but none nation wide. So basically they will just take votes from Republican or Democratic candidates. Looks grim for a third party to win.

• Agree
Reactions: revybub
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist

Trump made these same assertions about Hillary back in 2016 - given that this President is desperate to stem this downward spiral in the polls, he and his supporters are literally grasping at straws to find something to use against Biden!

• Informative
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
I wish there was a third candidate. As it is there are different third party candidates in different states but none nation wide. So basically they will just take votes from Republican or Democratic candidates. Looks grim for a third party to win.
I think Biden would have been quite content to remain retired but after the defeat of Hillary he felt compelled to take the country back from Trump!

If the Senate remains under the contol of the Republicans, another 4 years of this President would effectively elliminate whatever checks and balances that currently exist within the Constitution to limit the excesses of presidential power!

It would be in character for Trump to refuse to vacate the White House should he be voted out of office because his ego could never accept that possibility - even after a 2nd term he would use every avenue available to commit to a 3rd because while he remains in Office he remains effectively above the law!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The WHO reported that yesterday had the highest number of new COVID-19 cases reported since the start of the pandemic and that Brazil and the US were the major contributors!

Most of the protestors are young and wearing masks - health authorities have also concluded that outdoor events reduces the spread of infection!

To dismiss the George Floyd protests as an excuse for people to get out of the house is just another example of denial - conversely, there is only 1 President and his lfailure to provide leadership by serving as a role model in the middle of a pandemic is beyond shocking!

It's also an example of unequal enforcement of the rules. Floyd had a huge funeral while everyone else was denied paying last respects to their loved ones. People defending the destruction of public property are being arrested while those breaking the law are given a pass. Crazy world out there right now.

Upvote 0

Rugged Cross

Jun 18, 2020
Orkney Islands
✟13,678.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK - SNP
It is one thing to open up but then when folks deny the virus exists, or refuse to wear masks, etc, it is irresponsible.
This appears to be a problem worldwide. Here in Scotland we are coming out lock down slower than south of the border (England). But we have had the same problems with demonstrations, some with and some without masks. My fear is that if we rush things there will be large spikes and that will put back to where we started. I'm on the shielded list, so each time there is a large spike the longer that I many others have to stay indoors etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's also an example of unequal enforcement of the rules. Floyd had a huge funeral while everyone else was denied paying last respects to their loved ones. People defending the destruction of public property are being arrested while those breaking the law are given a pass. Crazy world out there right now.

Exactly. My grandmother passed away when Covid hit and we couldn't have a funeral. They had a graveside burial with four attendees and the priest. But protests are okay. :rolleyes:

~Bella

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Exactly. My grandmother passed away when Covid hit and we couldn't have a funeral. They had a graveside burial with four attendees and the priest. But protests are okay. :rolleyes:
~Bella
If the "black" Americans could have gained equality without protesting there would be no need for these demonostrations - perhaps they've learned that after waiting 155 years, there are no good times to demand justice!

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
If the "black" Americans could have gained equality without protesting there would be no need for these demonostrations - perhaps they've learned that after waiting 155 years, there are no good times to demand justice!

The city is still recovering from their exploits. Walmart stores in urban areas that were looted may not reopen. They’ve only committed to locations that weren’t affected. The same holds true for Walgreens and they’re based in Illinois. Did the ends justify the means? Time will tell.

~Bella

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
How "conservative" of you to complain about the funeral of George Floyd - while the President's boasts of a million requests for tickets, an anticipated 19,000 supporters in an aditorium plus an overflow crowd, are all given a "free pass!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
The city is still recovering from their exploits. Walmart stores in urban areas that were looted may not reopen. They’ve only committed to locations that weren’t affected. The same holds true for Walgreens and they’re based in Illinois. Did the ends justify the means? Time will tell.
~Bella
Just as most gun owners object to being held responsible for the actions of those engaged in illegal shootings, legitimate proptesters should not be grouped together with arsonists and looters!

Apparently the Minnesota Police Department had the luxury of assigning 3 officers to takedown George Floyd, but they were nowhere to be seen when the looters started targeting the business community!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How "conservative" of you to complain about the funeral of George Floyd - while the President's boasts of a million requests for tickets, an anticipated 19,000 supporters in an aditorium plus an overflow crowd, are all given a "free pass!"

I would think the protests would be comparable to the rally. Would you really defend Floyd's funeral while the states say you and your family aren't worthy? What gives him more worth than your loved ones?

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just as most gun owners object to being held responsible for the actions of those engaged in illegal shootings, legitimate proptesters should not be grouped together with arsonists and looters!

Apparently the Minnesota Police Department had the luxury of assigning 3 officers to takedown George Floyd, but they were nowhere to be seen when the looters started targeting the business community!

Wasn't it Minneapolis Police Department and not the Minnesota State Patrol that were involved in the murder of Mr. Floyd ? Perhaps all cops look alike?

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

~Bella

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Black Americans have protested since the 1960s and still believe they haven't gained equality so obviously that method of gaining equality doesn't seem to be working. I would say recently that is due to the interference of outside groups ( mainly lead by white people) causing trouble by vandalizing and rioting while black Americans are attempting to peacefully protest, that method has become counter productive in accomplishing the goals of the peaceful protest. I suggest something new needs to be tried. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result seems foolish.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Thank you Arc. She went home to the Lord and lived a good life. She didn’t die from Covid and was fortunate to leave before the shutdown occurred. :)

~Bella

Upvote 0