Feb 8, 2004
I am moving to Latin America I hope in the near fu
✟17,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
caller_to_truth said:
Quran is the book and Allah is the God i wish that opeople would be more informed about others peoples religions before just talking and makind like they know it all
but in reality they know nothing
peace

Brother I would ask you to do some research...you never know what you find when you dig in your own back yard.

Pax tibi,
Kas

Upvote 0

caller_to_truth

Sep 10, 2004
In god's earth
✟1,125.00
Faith
Muslim
peaceful soul said:
The contradiction comes from your incomprehensibility of the matter. LIke I said before, you can not know God through the Bible with pure intellect. You need hours of study and the Holy Spirit guiding you to understanding. Unfortunately for you, you do not have the luxury of the Holy Spirit teaching you these things and helping you to understand. All I can do is to give you an overview. Questions like these are not one-line answers. Please keep this in mind.

As far as emotions go, there are not any. I am very poised and under control. I am just typing in a casual manner and trying to help you to understand. I really appreciate that you are honestly trying to understand. That makes it much easier for both of us. One thing that I have learned from my relationship with God is that emotions, feelings, and other human conditions do not indicate my status with my master. I love Jesus and He teaches me to keep control of myself. He reminds me of the prize: it is at the finish line.

Shalom
I am happy to hear that the holy spirit came down and gave you several hours of teaching and guidance to understand the bible. In the bible it say s clear "God is not the author of Confusion". 1 corinthians 14:33. Let us hope he coems down a bit more often and teaches us to understand the bible more.
"the evil person expresses evil from the evil that is stored in his heart.For from the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks (luke 6:45, Matthew 12:35)
and jesus said about your holy ghost who came down to teach" be wary of false prophets who come to you in the Guise of sheep while at heart they are voracious wolves." Matthew 7:15

Peace :D

Upvote 0

azri

Sep 19, 2004
✟877.00
Faith
Muslim
Why is that a problem for you? Must God be exactly like you want Him in order for you to trust Him? That is the main issue here.
I have no problem but G-D want us to think about Him exactly like He told us... that He is ONE. Not 3 in 1 or etc..etc.

By your above statement, you are assuming at least 2 things: the Bible is not of God or that God makes mistakes.
It is whom (man) that wrote the Bible that make mistakes not G-D. G-D knows that man make mistakes on His word (Injeel) so He sent Us Al-Quran to correct the mistakes.

Upvote 0

Kas

Veteran
Feb 8, 2004
✟17,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is whom (man) that wrote the Bible that make mistakes not G-D. G-D knows that man make mistakes on His word (Injeel) so He sent Us Al-Quran to correct the mistakes.[/QUOTE]

...before you start saying things like this you should look at the errors of the Quran. I'll dig out a thread that you should read.

Upvote 0

peaceful soul

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2003
✟7,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
azri said:
I have no problem but G-D want us to think about Him exactly like He told us... that He is ONE. Not 3 in 1 or etc..etc.

It is whom (man) that wrote the Bible that make mistakes not G-D. G-D knows that man make mistakes on His word (Injeel) so He sent Us Al-Quran to correct the mistakes.

I see that your mind is set; so believe what you want. That does not make it correct. Understanding in that enviornment is parcticallyl impossible.

I do not think that you actually understand my previous post. God does not make mistakes that would allow a new revelation to come along to correct the former unless there are two different authors claiming that they are both God. You are saying that God made mistakes since He inspired man to write this book. That also means that God has no sovereignity; therefore, He is not truly God. And all of His claims are washed away because He can not prevent man from messing up His revelation.

Upvote 0

peaceful soul

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2003
✟7,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
caller_to_truth said:
I am happy to hear that the holy spirit came down and gave you several hours of teaching and guidance to understand the bible. In the bible it say s clear "God is not the author of Confusion". 1 corinthians 14:33. Let us hope he coems down a bit more often and teaches us to understand the bible more.
"the evil person expresses evil from the evil that is stored in his heart.For from the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks (luke 6:45, Matthew 12:35)
and jesus said about your holy ghost who came down to teach" be wary of false prophets who come to you in the Guise of sheep while at heart they are voracious wolves." Matthew 7:15

Peace :D

I am not sure of your motive. Explain.

Upvote 0

azri

Sep 19, 2004
✟877.00
Faith
Muslim
I see that your mind is set; so believe what you want.
We should set our mind according to what G-D want us to think of him not according to our/human mind.

You are saying that God made mistakes since He inspired man to write this book.
Please, i said MAN make mistakes. He doesnt say that this 'man' was inspired.

Upvote 0

peaceful soul

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2003
✟7,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
azri said:
We should set our mind according to what G-D want us to think of him not according to our/human mind.

Please, i said MAN make mistakes. He doesnt say that this 'man' was inspired.

So how are you going to avoid interaction with man? When you take the readings of any any author, you are being influenced by that person whether you realize it or not. When you listen to others, you are letting them influence you and that affects how you perceive things in part. When you see people doing things, you are being influenced by those actions. Can you deny this?

Our human mind has to assimilate the words and interpret them into a consistent pattern that we call sentences. These sentences is what gives us thoughts. So, you tell me how to avoid using the mind to interact with God. These thoughts can form beliefs, whether true or not. These beliefs are then either acted upon (faith) or they are just passive activities of the mind (meaningless assertions).

How do you come to know what God wants us to know in the 1st place? There must be some exchange between God and man along the process or there is no relation. Makes sense?

Inspiration of God through man means that God is the author of the message while He uses the minds of men to relay the message. Whether the person is perfect is not on the burden of the person or on God. It is the transmission of the God's message that is preserved. That is the most important point to consider. The consistency of the Bible is proven by the communication of the Holy Spirit with us and personal revelations that we Get from God in our daily walk with Christ. These consistencies help us to become more trusting of both the message and the messenger who is ultimately God, Himself - not man.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

peaceful soul

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2003
✟7,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
azri said:
G-D told us in His Holy Books that He is ONE and dont associate Him with anything.

Yep, and that is what the Bible says too, but you do not agree or want to see that; so what is the point of saying anything further.

Question: which holy books are you citing? Is the Bible among them? If so, you need to study it more carefully and get its meaning and not make mere assertions without proof.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bilal

Sep 3, 2004
✟238.00
Faith
Muslim
peaceful soul said:
God made mistakes since He inspired man to write this book. That also means that God has no sovereignity; therefore, He is not truly God. And all of His claims are washed away because He can not prevent man from messing up His revelation.
Well He didn't INSPIRE man... Man has purposefully DONE the work himself for, vile reasons.. This is what God says about that in the Koran:

"2.79": Woe, then, to those who write the book with their hands and then say: This is from Allah, so that they may take for it a small price! therefore woe to them for what their hands have written, and woe to them for what they earn!!

See? He didn't inspire them; he condemns them.

Upvote 0

peaceful soul

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2003
✟7,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Bilal said:
...before you start saying things like this you should look at the errors of the Quran. I'll dig out a thread that you should read.

It's already done. But you can dig and dig. Over and over again. And your concclusion, by then, is that you'll want us to believe that the Koran is not from God.

The Qu'ran was also handled by men. It was not written and then given to man. Man had to write it down and transmitt it to book form. Just like you want to believe that man corrupted the Bible, so we must make the same assumptions about the Qu'ran too. We must weigh it on the same basis as the Bible for proper comparison of its validity, credibility, and truthfulness.

The Qu'ran is under more scrutiny because it makes very bold claims of of being the exact word of God; so there can not be one little thing imperfect about its transmission. Note: we have not even discussed the content of it yet. You that want to believe in the Qu'ran have to, not only prove there is no gramatical, logica,l or textual errors; you also have to prove that its content is from God. That requires more faith than it does in accepting the simple message of salvation by faith in Christ, IMO.

Upvote 0

peaceful soul

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2003
✟7,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Bilal said:
Well He didn't INSPIRE man... Man has purposefully DONE the work himself for, vile reasons.. This is what God says about that in the Koran:

"2.79": Woe, then, to those who write the book with their hands and then say: This is from Allah, so that they may take for it a small price! therefore woe to them for what their hands have written, and woe to them for what they earn!!

See? He didn't inspire them; he condemns them.

That is right according to Qu'ran. But the Qu'ran's authority depends upon whether you can prove that the Bible is actually not the Word of God. Sadly for you, you do not know what it is like to be inspired by God through Christ. It is the relationship with Christ that makes it rather silly to someone like me that Islam is the word of God. Unfortunatley, you can not testify to what true Christians go through in their relationship with God; so all of this talk is most likely foreign to you. At best, it is just an intellectual [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse].

Upvote 0

MachineGod

Jul 20, 2004
✟288.00
Faith
Other Religion
GOD.........is that One Word...or Three letters? :scratch:

Religious fanatic 1: "Well, my book says yours book if full of ****."

Religious fanatic 2: "Well, mine say "yours" is full of ****"

Religious fanatic 1: "Well, my god could kick your god's butt"

Religious fanatic 2: "Nu uh"

Religious fanatic 1: "uh hu"

Religious fanatic 2: "nu uh"

Religious fanatic 1: "Your ignorant."

Religious fanatic 2: "No, your ignorant."

Religious fanatic 1: "God will punish you"

Religious fanatic 2: "Well, "your" going to burn in hell"

Atheist: "There is no god or hell you fools"

:::::1 and 2 both throws hands in the air and gives up::::::

I think you guys need to relax a little bit. Did it ever occur to you that you both may be wrong? A book is a book is a book....Qaran or Bible....they were BOTH written by men. You REALLY want to know what god says?.....listen to your heart.....and T-H-I-N-K with the mind he gave you. It's all in there.....:idea:

Upvote 0

Kas

Veteran
Feb 8, 2004
✟17,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Bilal said:

It's already done. But you can dig and dig. Over and over again. And your concclusion, by then, is that you'll want us to believe that the Koran is not from God.

:o

Upvote 0