Non-dispensationalist
✟360,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The idea of a "third heaven" comes from 2 Corinthians 12 where Paul spoke of one "caught up" to Paradise and heard unspeakable words not lawful to utter. It is referring to the future world to come, not a multiple level of heaven.
Third heaven it says in the KJV.
The cosmos is just an ancient Greek word used to describe the order of the universe. It is not about God's Abode of Heaven which exists behind a veil in a different dimension than our material dimension. The cosmos (or universe) is part of our material dimension. God is NOT... living on some far away solar system in the universe, for if that were so then it would mean He would be an alien and not God!
We know what the word cosmos means. There is an end to it. No one is saying that God is living in some far away solar system in the universe.

The heaven which God's throne is - is after the comos ends, and the third heaven begins. Heaven is mentioned twice in Matthew 24:29-30. One is the cosmos, in verse 29. The other is the third heaven in verse 30. This concept is found again in Revelation 6, the sixth seal.

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The majority of the world will not recognize him as Satan. They instead will worship him in place of God, as written in Rev.13.

17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

Davy, the above verses regarding Satan is that the war in heaven in Revelation 12, Satan is cast down to earth - with a time, times, half times left in the seven years. How Satan will be worshiped during that time, as indicated in Revelation 13 - is that he will incarnate the image of the beast, that the people of the world will made at the direction of the false prophet.

Making it themselves, they know it has no intrinsic life to it at all. Thus when it comes to life and speaks,it will seem by miracle. But behind the miracle will be that Satan is incarnating the image.

When Jesus returns, by the brightness he projects on the image, it will cause the materials of the image to go up in flames, turning them to ashes - exposing Satan to everyone, packed into Jerusalem and around the temple mount that day. Fulfilling Ezekiel 28:17-19.

And as you cited, a lone angel will descend with a chain, bind Satan and take him to the bottomless pit.
It is likely that a portal will open and close which everyone will see as Satan is cast there... for the thousand years.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sorry Douggg, your avatar note proves your ignorance of the end time events.
My avatar is the cross and the rolled away stone of the grave. It is the essence of the gospel message.

Anytime rapture? 10 nation European Union? Sufficient for anyone to know you don't know what you are talking about.
We have discussed these issues for years now and no matter how much scriptural proofs are presented, you just ignore them and carry on with your fanciful notions.
And as much as I have talked about it - you still misrepresent me. I have not said 10 nation - European Union. It may be 10 nations, but most likely it will be 10 regions, each region made up of varying number of nations.

Keras, it is not me who does not know what he is talking about. I have tried over and over to get you to prove your position from the text in Ezekiel 39. Yet, you haven't taken a single stab at it - because it counters what you are promoting.

You keep on about the Jews being converted during the Great Trib. I point out the many prophesies that tell us how only a remnant of Judah will survive the Lord's Day of wrath.
Your premise is the 'rapture to heaven' one of Christians in heaven, while the Jews get punished. This idea fails on all counts and is simply a fable, as Paul said in 2 Timothy 4:3-4
You point out prophesies, but do not understand how they fit or mean.

A big portion of the world's population will not survive the great trbultion. Two thirds of the Jews it seems will not make it. But of them many will have become Christians during the great tribulation before perishing. The Jews who survive to the end will all be Christians, saying to Jesus, blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.

The Jews are not being "punished" during the great tribulation. They miss the rapture because they were not Christians aforehand. Resulting in the consequences of their choices.

The consequences are that the Jews will be persecuted by their former messiah gone bad. And persecuted by Satan who will be cast down to earth - knowing his time is short - and will be full of anger about it. Who's goal will be to destroy them.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The continuous 70-week argument is not weak! It is the historical view of the church, and it is the logical interpretation of the passage.

Actually, the very oldest surviving Christian commentary on Bible prophecy, and the very oldest surviving Christian commentary on scripture, both very clearly taught that Daniel's seventieth week remained to be fulfilled in the future.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,264.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
My avatar is the cross and the rolled away stone of the grave. It is the essence of the gospel message.
I said: your avatar note..... that is: your peculiar notion of an anytime rapture. Which is a confirmation of how the 'rapture to heaven' is never stated in the Bible.
You point out prophesies, but do not understand how they fit or mean.
This statement is arrogance and ignorance personified!

The rest of your post # 323, is quite wrong and fails to account for the Judgement of Judah on the Lord's Day of wrath, the Sixth Seal. Only a remnant will survive. Romans 9:27, Luke 19:27

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This statement is arrogance and ignorance personified!
keras Writer of Bible prophecy studies..... says.
I said: your avatar note..... that is: your peculiar notion of an anytime rapture. Which is a demonstration of how the 'rapture to heaven' is never stated in the Bible.
"anytime" has to do with when, not destination. The destination is heaven.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,264.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The destination is heaven.
A total contradiction of Jesus' Words: John 3:13, John 7:34, John 8:21-23, John 17:15, Revelation 5:10
Your belief of a 'anytime rapture' shows the gross confusion and complete inability of those who believe in that unscriptural theory, to come to a consensus about that false teaching.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,264.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The above is why I say you cite bible verses but don't know what they mean.
They mean what they plainly say:
It is impossible for humans to go and live in heaven. Simple as that.

I caution you to not attempt to make them mean anything else, as that could result in serious disadvantage for you.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Third heaven it says in the KJV.

I know it says 'third heaven', but there's only 2, the sky God formed around the earth, and then His Heavenly Abode in a different dimension than our earthly dimension. In 1 Corinthians 15, Apostle Paul shows there's only 2 different realms of existence, the earthly and the heavenly (or spiritual); he showed that when declaring two different kinds of bodies.

Our Lord Jesus declared the same point in John 4 when He made distinction between flesh and spirit. There's only 2 realms, not 3. The third heaven is a time descriptor, because there was a world prior to this world we are in today. Peter showed this in 2 Peter 3 about the 'world that then was' and the 'heavens and the earth which are now.' The third heaven is the world to come, i.e., 'the new heavens and a new earth'. That's the view Paul was taken to in 2 Corinthians 12 when his spirit was "caught up" to Paradise (I consider Paul was being modest, actually talking about himself there).

We know what the word cosmos means. There is an end to it. No one is saying that God is living in some far away solar system in the universe.

The heaven which God's throne is - is after the comos ends, and the third heaven begins. Heaven is mentioned twice in Matthew 24:29-30. One is the cosmos, in verse 29. The other is the third heaven in verse 30.

That's a pretty far out idea, and I don't buy it at all.

Matt 24:30-31
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And He shall send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
KJV

No doubt you've missed it, but the veil of this material dimension is going to be lifted when our Lord Jesus comes (Isaiah 25). That's why Rev.1 declares every eye shall see Him coming in those clouds of heaven. Yes, that Matt.24:30 event is the same event being spoken of in Rev.1 about Jesus' 2nd coming on the last day of this world. In that sense, everyone... is going to see the heavenly dimension at that point in time, including those on earth. It's because all still alive on earth will be 'changed' at the twinkling of an eye, which is when death will truly be swallowed up for all peoples, ushering in Christ's millennial reign over the nations. Flesh death then will be no more, only the "second death" will exist at that point.

The Matt.24:31 verse is about the 'asleep' saints Jesus will bring with Him when He comes like Paul said in 1 Thess.4. He brings them from the heavenly dimension, as they will be in resurrected bodies, not flesh bodies. That is why there is no need for them to be changed to the spiritual body like those still alive on earth will be. They will already be with Jesus, coming with Him to earth like Paul showed.

The Mark 13 version of that is about the saints still alive on earth being gathered to Jesus when He comes. And that's about the saints alive being changed at the twinkling of an eye on the sound of that trumpet.

So your separation of that heaven there just does not work.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

Davy, the above verses regarding Satan is that the war in heaven in Revelation 12, Satan is cast down to earth - with a time, times, half times left in the seven years. How Satan will be worshiped during that time, as indicated in Revelation 13 - is that he will incarnate the image of the beast, that the people of the world will made at the direction of the false prophet.

That's what a lot of folks believe, but many of them don't realize how the Rev.12:3-4 beast of 7 crowns was Satan's system of old he originally rebelled against God with in the beginning, before Adam and Eve. Our Lord gave many symbolic indicators to show that it will be Satan himself, in person, here on earth, as the coming Antichrist that the whole world will worship. It won't be some flesh man possessed by Satan. It's going to be Satan himself as God also created him with the image of man.

Remember Hebrews 13 which tells us to be hospitable to strangers, because some have entertained angels unaware? The sodomites in Sodom and Gomorrah that saw the two angels which went in to Lot didn't know they were angels either. The ploy to assign the dragon role to a flesh man is a way to point away from the devil himself who is the one that has always wanted to be God, and to be worshiped as God. That's what Satan tried to do when he sinned in the beginning, and that's what he will try to do again at the very end of this world. All the previous beast kings and beast kingdoms have simply been in prep for this coming last one that he will sit over as king of the world.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I know it says 'third heaven', but there's only 2, the sky God formed around the earth, and then His Heavenly Abode in a different dimension than our earthly dimension. In 1 Corinthians 15, Apostle Paul shows there's only 2 different realms of existence, the earthly and the heavenly (or spiritual); he showed that when declaring two different kinds of bodies.
You are mixing apples and oranges. Heavenly and earthly, in 1Corinthians 15 is comparing things in the heaven where God's throne is to things upon this earth. It is not defining how many heavens their are.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That's what a lot of folks believe, but many of them don't realize how the Rev.12:3-4 beast of 7 crowns was Satan's system of old he originally rebelled against God with in the beginning, before Adam and Eve. Our Lord gave many symbolic indicators to show that it will be Satan himself, in person, here on earth, as the coming Antichrist that the whole world will worship. It won't be some flesh man possessed by Satan. It's going to be Satan himself as God also created him with the image of man.
Davy, no that is not what it means. In Revelation 12, the first five verses are an introduction to identify the woman in the rest of the chapter as Israel.

The entire 7 years are in Chapter 12. Differently, only the last 42 months are in Chapter 13.

The seven heads have their crowns in Chapter 12 to signify that king #7 (the little horn) has come to power right before the 7 years begin. Fulfilling the prophecy of the 7 kings in Revelation 17:10.

Half way through the 7 years, in Revelation 13, the seven heads have don't have crowns and one of those heads has been mortally wounded but recovered. What that signifies is king #7 has been killed and brought back to life - as the beast king #8.

Because king #7 has been killed, it ends the prophecy of the 7 kings, so none of the heads have crowns in Revelation 13.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are mixing apples and oranges. Heavenly and earthly, in 1Corinthians 15 is comparing things in the heaven where God's throne is to things upon this earth. It is not defining how many heavens their are.

When Apostle Paul declared only 2 different realms of existence in 1 Corinthians 15, he was revealing just that, 2 different and separate dimensions of existence. Paul declared the existence of the "natural body" (our flesh body) and the existence of the "spiritual body", a body of spirit of the resurrection. By that he was revealing the two dimensions. When Paul declared the "image of the earthy" vs. the "image of the heavenly", he also was revealing the existence of the 2 dimensions once again. It is very simple to understand about the two dimensions of existence written of in God's Word. In John 4 Jesus did the same with declaring flesh vs. spirit. To argue over this issue is baseless and ignorant. The Scripture is clear.

End of discussion.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
When Apostle Paul declared only 2 different realms of existence in 1 Corinthians 15, he was revealing just that, 2 different and separate dimensions of existence. Paul declared the existence of the "natural body" (our flesh body) and the existence of the "spiritual body", a body of spirit of the resurrection. By that he was revealing the two dimensions. When Paul declared the "image of the earthy" vs. the "image of the heavenly", he also was revealing the existence of the 2 dimensions once again. It is very simple to understand about the two dimensions of existence written of in God's Word. In John 4 Jesus did the same with declaring flesh vs. spirit. To argue over this issue is baseless and ignorant. The Scripture is clear.

End of discussion.
Paul said third heaven. Obviously then, Paul is not saying there are only two heavens.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Davy, no that is not what it means. In Revelation 12, the first five verses are an introduction to identify the woman in the rest of the chapter as Israel.

Why do you mislead the brethren so?

Rev 12:3-4
3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

KJV

The later Rev.12:9 verse defined the "dragon" as another title for Satan himself. That's who that "great red dragon" there is.

That system of "seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns" is given among the event of old when Satan first rebelled against God, drawing a third of the "stars" (angels) to the earth with him. That is NOT... about the end of this world. It happened in the OLD world.

The number of crowns is different, only 7, while the system in Rev.13 for the end of this world is to have 10 ten crowns.

There is NO WAY to assign that old beast system of 7 crowns there to the last days Rev.13 beast system. What those Rev.12:3-4 verses show is when Satan first rebelled in the beginning. What the Rev.13 beast system shows is his future rebellion like of old is going to happen once again, for the end of this world. And that is why in Rev.13 for the end we are shown it's the "dragon" the whole world will worship. Our Lord Jesus warned us about him coming to play the pseudo-Christ, and so did Apostle Paul in 2 Thessalonians 2:4-8.

End of discussion.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That system of "seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns" is given among the event of old when Satan first rebelled against God, drawing a third of the "stars" (angels) to the earth with him. That is NOT... about the end of this world. It happened in the OLD world.
Davy, the beast having seven heads and ten horns in Revelation 13 coming out of the sea - is the kingdom of the beast that will be in power when Jesus returns. The ten horns are ten kings of that kingdom - who are end times.

Those ten kings are of the fourth empire in its end times form in Daniel 7. It says fourth empire in the text of Daniel 7:23-24.

Of the fourth empire, the first of those 7 kings (the heads) was Julius Caesar, then Augustus Caesar, then Tiberius, then Caligula, then Claudius, then Nero. The little horn of the end times will be king 7. And after he is killed and comes back to life, it is as the beast, the 8th king of the fourth empire, the Roman Empire.

The 7 kings (the heads) and the ten kings (the horns) are all associated with the Roman Empire. The Roman Empire was in power when the child Jesus was born in Revelation 12 and caught up to God and His throne. The woman is Israel - unto us (Israel) a child is born Isaiah 9:6.

The seven heads and the ten horns are not going back to when Satan first rebelled. And there is no basis to prove it - you are just making a statement.

Revelation 17 - the crowns (or lack of crowns) on the seven heads and ten horns represent the status of the Roman Empire in the first century.

Revelation 12 - the crowns (or lack of crowns) on the seven heads and ten horns represent the status in that chapter of the Roman Empire right at the beginning of the 7 years.

Revelation 13 - the crowns (or lack of crowns) on the seven heads and tens hours represent the status of the Roman Empire at the beginning of the last 42 months.

End of discussion.

Davy if you don't want to discuss it further, what you should actually say is something like - I am not going to discuss this matter any further with you - to signify your no further participation. Which is fine. It doesn't limit the other person(s) from continuing to post regarding what you write, regardless.

But if you are trying to bully your way over others to shut them up, in the curt way you wrote it - that is considered bad form, and just makes you look like a jerk.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Davy, the beast having seven heads and ten horns in Revelation 13 coming out of the sea - is the kingdom of the beast that will be in power when Jesus returns. The ten horns are ten kings of that kingdom - who are end times.

That is true, regarding the beast kingdom of Rev.13:1-2. It is only partially true about the beast kingdom shown in Rev.12:3-4 which Satan originally rebelled with, which was of old and not for the end of this world, as it too had ten horns, but only seven crowns.

Those ten kings are of the fourth empire in its end times form in Daniel 7. It says fourth empire in the text of Daniel 7:23-24.

Of the fourth empire, the first of those 7 kings (the heads) was Julius Caesar, then Augustus Caesar, then Tiberius, then Caligula, then Claudius, then Nero. The little horn of the end times will be king 7. And after he is killed and comes back to life, it is as the beast, the 8th king of the fourth empire, the Roman Empire.

The 7 kings (the heads) and the ten kings (the horns) are all associated with the Roman Empire. The Roman Empire was in power when the child Jesus was born in Revelation 12 and caught up to God and His throne. The woman is Israel - unto us (Israel) a child is born Isaiah 9:6.

The seven heads and the ten horns are not going back to when Satan first rebelled. And there is no basis to prove it - you are just making a statement.

Revelation 17 - the crowns (or lack of crowns) on the seven heads and ten horns represent the status of the Roman Empire in the first century.

Revelation 12 - the crowns (or lack of crowns) on the seven heads and ten horns represent the status in that chapter of the Roman Empire right at the beginning of the 7 years.

Revelation 13 - the crowns (or lack of crowns) on the seven heads and tens hours represent the status of the Roman Empire at the beginning of the last 42 months.

I disagree. Just because the 6th beast king that John said was in his day most likely was the Roman Domitian, that does not mean the previous 5 beast kings point to Rome. The old empires of The Bible are Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, and Greece. All those were supported by the 7th beast king who is to come, but knows he has a short time (i.e., Satan himself).

Satan also is the 8th, because the coming 7th is pointing to the coming Antichrist at the end of this world, and thus the 8th is of the next world, pointing again to Satan when he will lead the deceived nations upon the "camp of the saints" at the end of Christ's future "thousand years" reign.

The beast that was is the 7th and also the 8th beast king. I choose not to ignore the Scripture that is pointing directly to Satan as that 7th and 8th:

Rev 17:8
8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

KJV

Rev 17:11
11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

KJV

The one who shall ascend out of the bottomless pit is the devil himself. That's his home, his kingdom, even while he is loose to roam the earth seeking to devour. And the devil and his angels so far are the ONLY ones already judged and sentenced to perdition into the "lake of fire". No one else has been judged and sentenced to perish yet today.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I disagree. Just because the 6th beast king that John said was in his day most likely was the Roman Domitian, that does not mean the previous 5 beast kings point to Rome. The old empires of The Bible are Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, and Greece. All those we
There are those who claim Domitian was ruling at the time of Revelation to John. Others hold it was Nero.

The view of Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, and Greece - requires that the words of Revelation 17:10 be changed from "kings" to "kingdoms", and some additional twisting to say one particular king over each one - to account for the 7th king to be one person... as it says when "he" cometh, in the text.

Daniel 7 starts with Babylon, then Medo-Persia, then Greece, then the Roman Empire as the fourth kingdom. It doesn't start back with Egypt and Assyria..
Satan also is the 8th, because the coming 7th is pointing to the coming Antichrist at the end of this world, and thus the 8th is of the next world, pointing again to Satan when he will lead the deceived nations upon the "camp of the saints" at the end of Christ's future "thousand years" reign.
It is not Satan. Satan is roaming free right now, seeking who he can destroy. And Satan in Revelation 9, cannot be given the key to open the bottomless pit, if he himself is in the bottomless pit.

The one who shall ascend out of the bottomless pit is the devil himself. That's his home, his kingdom, even while he is loose to roam the earth seeking to devour.

8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
KJV

Davy, that wording means the person was alive, but has died, and is not alive any more. He is in the bottomless pit as now a disembodied spirit. Who it is - is controversial. But it is not Satan. It is someone who was alive, but has died.

John was told by the angel who the scarlet beast, which is Satan, agreed, represented. John himself could not see into the bottomless pit, but instead saw the beast in the wilderness with the woman riding him. So John would not have known that there was further representation by the scarlet colored beast - other than being Satan - unless told by the angel.

In fact, for the remainder of Revelation 17, everything is being told to John by the angel what the heads and horns represent.

In Revelation 12, John sees the dragon, Satan - with the 7 heads and 10 horns. The actual beast was apparently already dead and in the bottomless pit at the time Jesus was born into the world.

At the beginning of the 7 years, which those 7 years are in chapter 12, the actual beast is still in the bottomless pit. Differently, in Revelation 13, the actual beast has come out of the bottomless pit.

So Satan - the dragon, the scarlet colored beast, is not seen coming out of the sea. But the beast, (and John actually sees him this time as the possessed end times person and doesn't have to be told about him) because with 42 months left, and king 7 having being killed and come back to life - and the disembodied spirit has ascended out of the bottomless pit - to possess former king 7.

In Revelation 17, Revelation 12, the actual beast is in the bottomless pit because of the timing built into those chapters. In Revelation 13, with 42 months left in the 7 years, the beast is no longer in the bottomless pit and is seen by John as the possessed end times person.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are those who claim Domitian was ruling at the time of Revelation to John. Others hold it was Nero.

Writings of one of the early Church fathers reveal it was Domitian.

The view of Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, and Greece - requires that the words of Revelation 17:10 be changed from "kings" to "kingdoms", and some additional twisting to say one particular king over each one - to account for the 7th king to be one person... as it says when "he" cometh, in the text.

In Rev.17, both Rev.13 ideas of a beast kingdom, and a beast king, are being described. Some have difficulty distinguishing the difference. In all the old beast kingdoms of OT history, they each had a beast king over them, which the Book of Daniel covers those too, especially the king of Babylon Nebuchadnezzar.

Daniel 7 starts with Babylon, then Medo-Persia, then Greece, then the Roman Empire as the fourth kingdom. It doesn't start back with Egypt and Assyria..

A 5th beast kingdom is suggested in Daniel 2, the final beast of feet of ten toes of iron mixed with clay. That was not the Roman empire. The Roman empire was the legs of iron. The ten toes beast is to be manifest at the end of this world when Jesus returns to smite it upon its feet, as shown in Daniel 2. That is what the 7th beast king will reign over at the end.

It is not Satan. Satan is roaming free right now, seeking who he can destroy. And Satan in Revelation 9, cannot be given the key to open the bottomless pit, if he himself is in the bottomless pit.

Sure it is. Do you know of anyone else that has already been judged and sentenced to perdition into the "lake of fire" so far?

Even Judas Iscariot who betrayed our Lord Jesus has not been judged yet. And if you believe in a God that has already judged and sentenced to perish any flesh born man today, then you and I do not believe in the same God. God's great white throne judgment is not until after Christ's future "thousand years" reign, as written. And even if you don't believe in that future "thousand years" reign of Rev.20, that future judgment is still not until after His second coming.

Satan is free to roam in the abode of hell also; it belongs to him. When he is bound at our Lord Jesus' return, he will be bound in chains in the very prison of the pit that he is king over. Revelation 9 told you who he was, a king and angel of the bottomless pit, even giving his name in Hebrew and in Greek. His name Apollyon in the Greek is where the idea of perdition assigned to him originates.

KJV

Davy, that wording means the person was alive, but has died, and is not alive any more. He is in the bottomless pit as now a disembodied spirit. Who it is - is controversial. But it is not Satan. It is someone who was alive, but has died.

It can refer to a beast king that was once in power, and then lost it, and then is in power again.

Don't forget the "and yet is" phrase in that verse. Because of that last phrase, it shows it cannot be about a dead king of history. It even shows it can't be any other than Satan, because there won't be any beast king of past history resurrected from the dead to be over the final beast kingdom at the end of this world. And some men's speculations today on the 'deadly wound' in association with a resurrection of a dead beast king is totally ludicrous.

John was told by the angel who the scarlet beast, which is Satan, agreed, represented. John himself could not see into the bottomless pit, but instead saw the beast in the wilderness with the woman riding him. So he would not have known that there was further representation by the scarlet colored beast - other than being Satan - unless told by the angel.

Like I said, some have difficulty in keeping the two beast ideas separated in Rev.17.

The "woman" (Babylon harlot) of Rev.17, we are shown at the very end of the chapter, is a city. It is not... a beast king. It is pointing to Jerusalem in a fallen worship condition for the end, a la Rev.11:8. The scarlet symbol is used to represent a kingdom. Jerusalem will be beast kingdom central when Satan is cast out of the heavenly. In Rev.18:7, she says of herself, "I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow." If she's the queen, then who's the king married to her then? It points back to Ezekiel 16 about Jerusalem and God's usage of the marriage vs. harlot metaphors. Satan is coming to marry Jerusalem, spiritually, for he has always wanted to be God, and worshiped as God, coveting God's place He chose also, i.e., Jerusalem.

In fact, for the remainder of Revelation 17, everything is being told to John by the angel what the heads and horns represented.

Not really true. Read the very last verse. And in verses 12, 13, and 17, the beast king is also being referred to, for that is who the ten kings give their power to (i.e, the "little horn" of the Book of Daniel). In verse 15, the beast of Rev.13:1-2 coming out of the sea is being defined, basically the peoples and multitudes of all the world, all nations, a system over the whole earth.

In Revelation 12, John sees the dragon, Satan - with the 7 heads and 10 horns. The actual beast was apparently already dead and in the bottomless pit at the time Jesus was born into the world.

In Rev.12:3-4, John sees the dragon in association with a 7 crown beast system, which is not the one of Rev.13:1, since the one in Rev.13 has 10 crowns instead of 7. Surely you can count. Furthermore, the Rev.12:1-5 verses pose a short summary, the time when the dragon sought to devour the Child of the woman is about Satan trying to taint the Seed of the woman that Jesus would be born of. That began when Cain murdered Abel. And before that was when Satan first rebelled against God, drawing a third of the angels into rebellion with him.

And your idea about the beast being already dead is really an idea way... out in left field. It has no Biblical alignment, since we are told the beast that was and is not, "and yet is".

At the beginning of the 7 years, which those 7 years are in chapter 12, the actual beast is still in the bottomless pit. Differently, in Revelation 13, the actual beast has come out of the bottomless pit.

Rev.12:10 with Satan being able to accuse us before God's Throne in Heaven shows that even up to the future time of his casting down to this earth, he is able to roam like he did in the time of Job. Rev.12:7 forward, because of the war in heaven in the future, that is when Satan will be cast out of the heavenly down to our earthly dimension, with his angels. He is coming, like our Lord Jesus warned in John 14:30.

Satan - the dragon, the scarlet colored beast, is not seen coming out of the sea. But the beast, (and John actually sees him this time and doesn't have to be told about him) because with 42 months left, and king 7 having being killed and come back to life - the disembodied spirit has ascended out of the bottomless pit - to possess former king 7.

Again, Satan is not the scarlet beast. That is about the 'woman' (a city). And just as God said He married Jerusalem in Ezekiel 16, that is what Satan wants to do with Jerusalem.

There's that resurrected dead king coming back life baloney. Satan's servants here on earth will create anything they can to try and disguise that 7th beast king being anyone other than Satan himself. And that's all you're doing, is pushing their falsehoods on that.

Upvote 0