Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
This past weekend I lost 2 people. On Friday a very dear friend I've know for over 20 years died of colon cancer. She was only 54 and leaves 4 sons and her husband. She had a very happy, peaceful death surrounded by family and 3 priests who celebrated a Mass just beforehand. She was diagnosed just over a year ago, but the end came quickly. The last I heard a few weeks ago was 2-12 months. I had intended to write her a long letter but put it off too long. I was distracted by other things and thought I had more time. I didn't.:( This haunts me. :cry:

Next, my step-grandmother died at 90 on Saturday. I don't feel her loss as much as my friends, but am more troubled by her passing. She was Mormon and I don't know that she really practiced it much. I also feel a bit guilty since I ususally tried to get out of talking to her when we called during the holidays. I just never felt I had anything to say to her, but fortunately, I did speak to her the last time a couple of months ago. She didn't treat my mom very well when she was growing up and when my grandfather died many years ago. My mom made up with her, but I always resented her.:( She did give me a beautiful and valuable diamond dinner ring that my grandfather gave her about 60 years ago.

I would appreciate your prayers for both and for my grief. Thanks.

georgia123

Sep 1, 2004
Michigan
✟736.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
I am so sorry for both of these deaths. I will be praying for both of them and especially for you to be at peace during this trying time. It must be especially hard for you losing two at the same time like. I don't handle death very well so I can only imagine what you must be going through. Please know that you are in my prayers.

Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am so sorry for both of these deaths. I will be praying for both of them and especially for you to be at peace during this trying time. It must be especially hard for you losing two at the same time like. I don't handle death very well so I can only imagine what you must be going through. Please know that you are in my prayers.

Thanks Georgia.....that was my grandmother's name.:eek:

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
This past weekend I lost 2 people. On Friday a very dear friend I've know for over 20 years died of colon cancer. She was only 54 and leaves 4 sons and her husband. She had a very happy, peaceful death surrounded by family and 3 priests who celebrated a Mass just beforehand. She was diagnosed just over a year ago, but the end came quickly. The last I heard a few weeks ago was 2-12 months. I had intended to write her a long letter but put it off too long. I was distracted by other things and thought I had more time. I didn't.:( This haunts me. :cry:

Don't let it haunt you. I know that is easy to say and difficult to do. My mom died when we were ten at the age of 52. Through the years there is alot you want to say. Alot you wish they were there for. But they are. Closer to the seat of all love they love us still. She knows more of your love for her now than human words can say.

Alive in Christ; they are part of the communion of saints. Make your prayers your letter and write often. May Christ bring peace to your heart.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.