2 Cor 3:6-11 Affirms the Law of God, and the New Covenant where it is written on the heart

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God's perfect law is the Ten Commandments. It would be impossible for God to write something with His own finger that was not perfect.
What God speaks is also perfect

We both agree that there are more than 10 commandments in the law. If you wish, please say what those other commandments are, in your view. You can do it on a different thread, if you believe it is not on topic here.

If it's too many to list all at once, I invite you to start at the beginning of Leviticus and say what is the first commandment that you come to.

Peace be with you, my sister :heart:

• Agree
Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The logic is -- as stated in the post just before this one...

two creation events will have existed in Rev 21 at the TIME of the NEW earth -- so that in that New Earth we have two cycles for regular worship

As for the difference between the New Moon and the Sabbath.
1. The New Moon was never called a "Sabbath" in either OT or NT
2. The New Moon service is not one of the Ten.
3. There is no connection between New Moon and Sabbath such that the Sabbath can only be kept if you are keeping a New Moon service
4. There are no gentiles asking for "more gospel preaching on the next New Moon" unlike the case for Sabbath in Acts 13
5. There is no "New moon for gentiles" in Is 56:6-8 unlike the case for the weekly Sabbath - but there is New Moon for all mankind in Is 66:23
6. There is no "New Moon made for mankind" in Mark 2:27 unlike the case for the weekly Sabbath.

So then I am happy for you if you are focused on keeping a New Moon worship schedule, but this thread is about the TEN Commandments spoken by God at Sinai where we are told "He spoke the TEN Commandments - and added NO more" Deut 5:22 as a strong indicator that we should consider discussing whatever commandment someone wishes to delete - to see if that is really a wise decision.

You may wish to have this repeated a few times - but the point is always the same when it is posted. The New Covenant writes the moral Law of God on the heart , by creating the new birth, new heart experience as Jer 31:31-34 points out.

hmm --

I said - "The logic is -- as stated in the post just before this one...

two creation events will have existed in Rev 21 at the TIME of the NEW earth -- so that in that New Earth we have two cycles for regular worship"
I don't see anything there about a "different moon" etc.
I don't, either. That's why to be consistent with Isaiah 66, we would keep both the new moon and the Sabbath today, or neither.

I am always amazed at the ways you find to get my direct statements into a "difficult to understand" revision.
:heart:

Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have done this with you too many times, result will be the same. 2 Timothy 3:7 Take care.
I can't recall you starting at the beginning of Leviticus and saying what is the first commandment that you come to. If you have, please cite the post number.

Of course, if you don't want to discuss it anymore, that's fine.

Peace be with you :heart:

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Where is the commandment to keep the New Moon?

Here is the commandment to keep the Sabbath day holy Exo 20:8-11 That Christ said was made for mankind Mark 2:27 and everyone Isa 56:6

If Christ has something special in mind in the New Earth and New Heaven every New Month- who are we to argue or use that as a reason not to obey Him the way He asks now.

Some people think the months will be every 28 days in Heaven which would make the New Moon on the Sabbath- it's what I think too, but if we are blessed to make it to heaven, no one will be complaining about obeying Christ the way He asks, just like we shouldn't now.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where is the commandment to keep the New Moon?
I don't know. If you feel that you can say what is a commandment and what is not, please do so.

If it's too many to do all at once, you could just start at the beginning of Leviticus and say the first one that you come to :) That's my suggestion. Or you could pick a different book, if you want.

Here is the commandment to keep the Sabbath day holy Exo 20:8-11 That Christ said was made for mankind Mark 2:27 and everyone Isa 56:6

If Christ has something special in mind in the New Earth and New Heaven every New Month- who are we to argue or use that as a reason not to obey Him the way He asks now.

Some people think the months will be every 28 days in Heaven which would make the New Moon on the Sabbath- it's what I think too, but if we are blessed to make it to heaven, no one will be complaining about obeying Christ the way He asks, just like we shouldn't now.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I don't know. If you feel that you can say what is a commandment and what is not, please do so.

If it's too many to do all at once, you could just start at the beginning of Leviticus and say the first one that you come to :) That's my suggestion. Or you could pick a different book, if you want.

We are not talking about all commandments. It's really simple. There is a clear commandment to keep the seventh day Sabbath day holy , it's one of the Ten Commandments written by the finger of God found in Exodus 20 specifically Exodus 20:8-11. There is no commandment to keep the New Moon, so again if Jesus has planned something special for His saints in the New Heaven and New Earth regarding the New Month, that does not negate our morally responsibility to obey Him now.

God has lots of commandments, ordinances, statues, judgements etc. in scripture but did something different with the Ten Commandments as this is placed on a whole other foundation written personally by God Exo 31:18 Exo 32:16 Deut 4:13 placed inside the ark of the Covenant Exo 40:20, while everything else was placed outside and was written by man Deut 31:26. Jesus taught not to break the least of these quoting directly from this unit of Ten. Mat 5:19-30 I believe He means what He teaches.

I'm not interested in going down the rabbit hole of discussing all other laws, since we have done this too many times and results will stay the same. You are free to disagree with me I'm okay with that all gets sorted out soon enough.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,027.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Paul never quoted from 603 commandments Rom 13:9, nor did James James 2:10-12, nor did Jesus Mat 19:17-19 Mat 5:19-30 people arguing over 600+ commandments yet can't even bring themselves to keep the Ten Commandments- what summarizes love to God and man.
Paul et. al. did not quote all of the Ten Commandments either. My point stands. I am in complete agreement with you that the commandments of the covenant God made with His people, Israel, on Mount Sinai have very specific limits, not the least of which relate to the First Commandment as it was spelled in detail through the Aaronic priest with its sacrificial system.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,027.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I agree, even if we are not sinlessly perfect - we should still note as did Christ - that
"Love God with all your heart" Deut 6;5
"Love your neighbor as yourself" Lev 19:18
Are the two greatest commandments in the Law of Moses, and the foundation for "all the Law and the prophets".

And yes - that is true even if we are not perfect.

because??
Simply because God commanded you to do so. ls that not enough of a reason?

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,027.00
Faith
Non-Denom
In addition to the 1050 commands in the NT.

It appears no one has been able to chain the Word of God up, to limit God on what He is allowed to say.
It seems that some folks appear to enjoy getting their scissors out, as Thomas Jefferson famously did, and extricating all the useless stuff in the Bible, sometimes to the point of leaving only Ten Commandments deemed to be actually significant. Even Jefferson did not go that far.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Paul et. al. did not quote all of the Ten Commandments either. My point stands. I am in complete agreement with you that the commandments of the covenant God made with His people, Israel, on Mount Sinai have very specific limits, not the least of which relate to the First Commandment as it was spelled in detail through the Aaronic priest with its sacrificial system.
He didn't quote the greatest commandment either- to love God with our all heart mind and soul. Any reader would or should know when you quote one of the Ten it means them all James 2:10-12 just like when only one of the greatest commandments is quoted it means both.

Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,027.00
Faith
Non-Denom
He didn't quote the greatest commandment either- to love God with our all heart mind and soul. Any reader would or should know when you quote one of the Ten it means them all James 2:10-12 just like when only one of the greatest commandments is quoted it means both.
Paul, et. al. (that includes of the individuals you cited, including Jesus) did, indeed, cite the two greatest commandments.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Paul, et. al. (that includes of the individuals you cited, including Jesus) did, indeed, cite the two greatest commandments.

Of course they quoted both, but not every time they mention the greatest or the Ten. It doesn't mean the rest were magically deleted if not always quoting both of the greatest or all of the Ten.

Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,027.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Of course they quoted both, but not every time they mention the greatest or the Ten. It doesn't mean the rest were magically deleted if not always quoting both of the greatest or all of the Ten.
I agree. It took later folks time and effort to delete various and irrelevant commandments because of the clear understanding of the strict limitations placed on those commandments. As I noted previously, Thomas Jefferson may have been one of the most notorious in this line of effort, but he was hardly the first nor last nor even the most drastic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are not talking about all commandments. It's really simple. There is a clear commandment to keep the seventh day Sabbath day holy , it's one of the Ten Commandments written by the finger of God found in Exodus 20 specifically Exodus 20:8-11. There is no commandment to keep the New Moon, so again if Jesus has planned something special for His saints in the New Heaven and New Earth regarding the New Month, that does not negate our morally responsibility to obey Him now.

God has lots of commandments, ordinances, statues, judgements etc. in scripture but did something different with the Ten Commandments as this is placed on a whole other foundation written personally by God Exo 31:18 Exo 32:16 Deut 4:13 placed inside the ark of the Covenant Exo 40:20, while everything else was placed outside and was written by man Deut 31:26. Jesus taught not to break the least of these quoting directly from this unit of Ten. Mat 5:19-30 I believe He means what He teaches.

I'm not interested in going down the rabbit hole of discussing all other laws, since we have done this too many times and results will stay the same. You are free to disagree with me I'm okay with that all gets sorted out soon enough.
We don't have to talk about all the commandments. I do think it's good to talk about the Commandments that we keep to show our love for God.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,027.00
Faith
Non-Denom
We don't have to talk about all the commandments. I do think it's good to talk about the Commandments that we keep to show our love for God.

Apparently loving our neighbor as ourselves, apart from its possible implications spelled out in the last six of the ten commandments, is not necessary. Perish the thought that one would go to the aid of someone dying alongside of a road on a Saturday morning.

• Friendly
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good points :heart: I also think that even if it's translated "month" one still has to explain why we are allegedly traveling to Jerusalem once a month for worship in the new Earth, but we're not doing that now.
The context is set in the previous verse. Tell us when exactly is there going to be a New heaven?

Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The context is set in the previous verse. Tell us when exactly is there going to be a New heaven?
I don't know.

I'm not convinced that the end of Isaiah 66 is taking place on the new Earth, which is why I added "allegedly".
(Keeping in mind that the chapter divisions are artificial, added much later.)

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know.

I'm not convinced that the end of Isaiah 66 is taking place on the new Earth, which is why I added "allegedly".
(Keeping in mind that the chapter divisions are artificial, added much later.)
Chapter divisions have nothing to do with it. It is the Immediate context,
Isa 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith Jehovah, so shall your seed and your name remain.
Isa 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith Jehovah.
Isa 66:24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the dead bodies of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Upvote 0