2 Cor 3:6-11 Affirms the Law of God, and the New Covenant where it is written on the heart

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Why do you think Isaiah 66:23 means that the weekly sabbath will be kept for all eternity after the cross. Can you please highlight that portion of the verse?
Is 66

22 “For as the new heavens and the new earth
Which I will make shall remain before Me,” says the Lord,
“So shall your descendants and your name remain.
23 And it shall come to pass
That from one New Moon to another,
And from one Sabbath to another
All mankind shall come to worship before Me,” says the Lord.

24 “And they shall go forth and look
Upon the corpses of the men
Who have transgressed against Me.
For their worm does not die,
And their fire is not quenched
They shall be an abhorrence to all flesh.”

1. ITs for all mankind
2. It is at the time of the New Earth (Rev 21) when the wicked have been punished in the Rev 20 lake of fire.

Isaiah 66:23 Jamieson Fausset Brown

23. Literally, "As often as the new moon (shall be) in its own new moon," that is, every month (Zec 14:16).
Sabbath--which is therefore perpetually obligatory on earth.
all flesh
-- (Ps 65:2; 72:11).
before me--at Jerusalem (Jer 3:16, 17).

Isaiah 66 - Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible - Bible Commentaries - StudyLight.org

Matthew Henry Isaiah 66:23
6. That the public worship of God in religious assemblies shall be carefully and constantly attended upon by all that are thus brought as an offering to the Lord, Isaiah 66:23. ... And they shall have the benefit of these holy convocations frequently, every new moon and every Sabbath, not, as formerly, at the three annual feasts only.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If the logic is that the Sabbath is celebrated at the end of Isaiah 66, thus we ought to celebrate it today, it follows that we ought to be celebrating the new moons today.
The logic is -- as stated in the post just before this one...

two creation events will have existed in Rev 21 at the TIME of the NEW earth -- so that in that New Earth we have two cycles for regular worship

As for the difference between the New Moon and the Sabbath.
1. The New Moon was never called a "Sabbath" in either OT or NT
2. The New Moon service is not one of the Ten.
3. There is no connection between New Moon and Sabbath such that the Sabbath can only be kept if you are keeping a New Moon service
4. There are no gentiles asking for "more gospel preaching on the next New Moon" unlike the case for Sabbath in Acts 13
5. There is no "New moon for gentiles" in Is 56:6-8 unlike the case for the weekly Sabbath - but there is New Moon for all mankind in Is 66:23
6. There is no "New Moon made for mankind" in Mark 2:27 unlike the case for the weekly Sabbath.

So then I am happy for you if you are focused on keeping a New Moon worship schedule, but this thread is about the TEN Commandments spoken by God at Sinai where we are told "He spoke the TEN Commandments - and added NO more" Deut 5:22 as a strong indicator that we should consider discussing whatever commandment someone wishes to delete - to see if that is really a wise decision.

You may wish to have this repeated a few times - but the point is always the same when it is posted. The New Covenant writes the moral Law of God on the heart , by creating the new birth, new heart experience as Jer 31:31-34 points out.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That begs my question. I did not ask you if you were guilty of breaking those particular six commandments. I simply asked you if you have loved your neighbor completely as you love you own self. A simple yes or no answer will suffice.
Is it your claim that God's commandments should be ignored if we are not sinless??

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,037.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I'm thinking one might not understand the biblical definition of love. I'll give you the scriptures again

1 John 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.

I'm a big believer in what others do or don't do is between them and God. There is nothing we can hide from Him. Ecc 12:13-14 Even if I broke all of the commandments against my neighbor and God, it would not change anyone else's moral obligation to obey them. We are not judged based on what others do or don't do or judged based on a sliding scale- we each have to stand before Jesus one day soon based on our own deeds. 2 Cor 5:10
I take your answer to be "no" then. If so, welcome to my world. When I have mastered genuinely loving my neighbor as I do myself, then I will divert my attention to other commandments.

Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I take your answer to be "no" then. If so, welcome to my world. When I have mastered genuinely loving my neighbor as I do myself, then I will divert my attention to other commandments.
That would be hard to learn to love thy neighbor if one puts aside the commandments that show us how. Romans 13:8-9 1 John 5:2-3

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Not at all. God's two greatest commandments ought to be our primary focus, do you not agree? Have you yet mastered either one or both of them?
The greatest commandments are the Ten summarized. Rom 13:8-9 1 John 5:2-3 The summary does not delete the details.

Last edited:
Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is 66:23 points to the weekly Sabbath kept for all eternity after the cross , in the New Earth. Which directly addressed your "Sabbath ended" comment.

I don't see how that is even a little bit confusing.
Really? I do and you and I are in the same court more or less. The fact that the new moon is mentioned is the issue. So by all appearances to the surface reader the new Moon festivals will be kept also in the new earth and heaven that are made by our Lord.

If new moon is a bad translation how do you prove that it is and is suppose to be translated just month? Not sure I seen a good explanation of this here in this thread. But then I only scanned the thread.
It is a translation issue. And we can lay it out here. I only ask to make sure it is covered and to provoke you or someone else to answer directly rather than I

Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,037.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The greatest commandments are the Ten summarized. Rom 13:8-9 1 John 5:2-3 The summary does not delete the details.
Agreed. There are massive amounts of details in the other 603, as well. The great thing is that we get to pick and choose which of those we think are applicable. God's commandments are limited, as we both agree.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Agreed. There are massive amounts of details in the other 603, as well. The great thing is that we get to pick and choose which of those we think are applicable. God's commandments are limited, as we both agree.
Paul never quoted from 603 commandments Rom 13:9, nor did James James 2:10-12, nor did Jesus Mat 19:17-19 Mat 5:19-30 people arguing over 600+ commandments yet can't even bring themselves to keep the Ten Commandments- what summarizes love to God and man.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

two creation events will have existed in Rev 21 at the TIME of the NEW earth -- so that in that New Earth we have two cycles for regular worship

3. There is no connection between New Moon and Sabbath such that the Sabbath can only be kept if you are keeping a New Moon service
4. There are no gentiles asking for "more gospel preaching on the next New Moon" unlike the case for Sabbath in Acts 13
5. There is no "New moon for gentiles" in Is 56:6-8 unlike the case for the weekly Sabbath - but there is New Moon for all mankind in Is 66:23
6. There is no "New Moon made for mankind" in Mark 2:27 unlike the case for the weekly Sabbath.

So then I am happy for you if you are focused on keeping a New Moon worship schedule, but this thread is about the TEN Commandments spoken by God at Sinai where we are told "He spoke the TEN Commandments - and added NO more" Deut 5:22 as a strong indicator that we should consider discussing whatever commandment someone wishes to delete - to see if that is really a wise decision.

You may wish to have this repeated a few times - but the point is always the same when it is posted. The New Covenant writes the moral Law of God on the heart , by creating the new birth, new heart experience as Jer 31:31-34 points out.
If you are saying that the new moon in the new Earth is different from the new moon today but the Sabbath in the new Earth is the same, then I'd say that is an inconsistent approach.

Peace be with you, my brother :heart:

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe that if we genuinely pursue loving others, we will find that the meaning of the other Commandments is already fulfilled.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That would be hard to learn to love thy neighbor if one puts aside the commandments that show us how. Romans 13:8-9 1 John 5:2-3
I see it differently. The entire law of God can be used to gain wisdom.

The Lord’s covenant is sure, making wise the simple. Psalm 19:7

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Really? I do and you and I are in the same court more or less. The fact that the new moon is mentioned is the issue. So by all appearances to the surface reader the new Moon festivals will be kept also in the new earth and heaven that are made by our Lord.

If new moon is a bad translation how do you prove that it is and is suppose to be translated just month? Not sure I seen a good explanation of this here in this thread. But then I only scanned the thread.
It is a translation issue. And we can lay it out here. I only ask to make sure it is covered and to provoke you or someone else to answer directly rather than I
Good points :heart: I also think that even if it's translated "month" one still has to explain why we are allegedly traveling to Jerusalem once a month for worship in the new Earth, but we're not doing that now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I see it differently. The entire law of God can be used to gain wisdom.

The Lord’s covenant is sure, making wise the simple. Psalm 19:7
God's perfect law is the Ten Commandments. It would be impossible for God to write something with His own finger that was not perfect.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If the logic is that the Sabbath is celebrated at the end of Isaiah 66, thus we ought to celebrate it today, it follows that we ought to be celebrating the new moons today.

If you are saying that the new moon in the new Earth is different from the new moon today
hmm --

I said - "The logic is -- as stated in the post just before this one...

two creation events will have existed in Rev 21 at the TIME of the NEW earth -- so that in that New Earth we have two cycles for regular worship"

I don't see anything there about a "different moon" etc.

I am always amazed at the ways you find to get my direct statements into a "difficult to understand" revision.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Good points :heart: I also think that even if it's translated "month" one still has to explain why we are allegedly traveling to Jerusalem once a month for worship in the new Earth
Your argument "with the text" -- noted.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Agreed. There are massive amounts of details in the other 603, as well.
In addition to the 1050 commands in the NT.

It appears no one has been able to chain the Word of God up, to limit God on what He is allowed to say.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Not at all. God's two greatest commandments ought to be our primary focus, do you not agree?
I agree, even if we are not sinlessly perfect - we should still note as did Christ - that
"Love God with all your heart" Deut 6;5
"Love your neighbor as yourself" Lev 19:18
Are the two greatest commandments in the Law of Moses, and the foundation for "all the Law and the prophets".

And yes - that is true even if we are not perfect.
Have you yet mastered either one or both of them?
because??

Upvote 0