LONDONDERRY
✟69,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It's probably because I am not an American, but I just don't understand why you (Americans collectively) want guns available at all. It makes no sense at all to me.:confused: We have been having conversations about it at work, at home, with friends, and I've yet to meet someone here who "gets" it.
I don't think you are alone in not getting it.
I am not a Christian but I do have friends who are and what puzzles these UK Christians is why so many American Christians are keen on having guns. My friends have told me that they consider owning something that is designed to kill is not compatible with their faith. I have said that Americans live in a gun culture which probably explains why they feel the need to own guns, but one Christian friend told me in answer to that, that in society there is also a culture of drug abuse, alcohol abuse, inappropriate contentography and infidelity, but that one's faith should raise you above such things. Those were her words, not mine, but they do show a real difference in attitude compared to some Christians in the US.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I'm not even sure why we try and outlaw murder in the first place. Obviously outlawing murder hasn't stopped murders from happening. If someone really wants to kill another human being, the law isn't going to stop them from doing it. So obviously anti-murder laws are ineffective and we should get rid of them.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I'm not even sure why we try and outlaw murder in the first place. Obviously outlawing murder hasn't stopped murders from happening. If someone really wants to kill another human being, the law isn't going to stop them from doing it. So obviously anti-murder laws are ineffective and we should get rid of them.

-CryptoLutheran
I think what we should do is implant bombs in everyone's head and give everyone a laser that can make them explode.

Upvote 0