THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think we should pay attention to this sort of thing. At any rate, we should always be praying anyway!:)

From the link you posted:

"Last October, I had a strong sense of an imminent unleashing of judgment upon the earth. As we were interceding in our worship and intercession “watches” here in Jerusalem, a sense began to grow that judgment could not be totally averted, but that it might be delayed. October 3, in a city-wide meeting we host on Thursday evenings, I felt the Lord speak clearly that He was giving us a 40-day “window of mercy” during which we were to cry out for His mercy and for 40 days of spiritual rains to prepare a harvest here in Israel and in the Middle East.

As we prayed further along these lines, some of our leaders and intercessors sensed the Lord speaking (through the story of Noah, in Genesis 7:24, 8:2) that this “window of mercy” would extend to 150 days. If we are discerning correctly, the 150th day of this “window of mercy” would therefore end on March 2nd. Recently, we are hearing of more and more who are sensing that March 3 will be a very strategic day. Interestingly enough, that will be the third day of the third month of the third year (3-3-03 in the Gregorian calendar). Biblically, nine is the number of judgment (for further explanation see the classic “Number in Scripture” by E. W. Bullinger).

If March 3rd will be the first day of a season of God’s judgment upon many nations, then I believe it would be right for us to cry out for His mercy within those judgments. I believe this is especially vital for the USA and Israel. I would encourage you to set aside at least March 2nd (I feel I am to start three days before, on February 28th) for a time of serious prayer and fasting."

Upvote 0

Tau

Irregular Member
Feb 28, 2003
Visit site
✟7,733.00
Strange idea. Our calendar is somewhat arbitrary, so I don't see what's so special about the day we call March 3rd. If we'd had a calendar with alternating 31- and 30-day months (excepting November to have only 30 days, to get 365 days in a year), the third day of the third month wouldn't be tomorrow, but two days after that. Such a calendar is no less acceptable than our own.

But of course, if people think something special will happen, then go ahead and pray, it won't cause me or any one else who doesn't agree with this idea any sort of trouble, after all.

Upvote 0

Tau

Irregular Member
Feb 28, 2003
Visit site
✟7,733.00
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

David Gould

Pearl Harbor sucked. WinAce didn't.
May 28, 2002
Canberra, Australia
Visit site
✟29,118.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
AU-Labor
Today at 10:39 AM nikolai_42 said this in Post #15

Nowhere was there any special significance tied to the "triple three" other than that it was a critical date in many respects. Why are people focusing on that? As for the time, I don't believe any specific times were given either.

A "critical date in many respects"?

In precisely what respect is the 03/03/03 a 'critical date'?

Upvote 0

nikolai_42

Jan 24, 2003
Visit site
✟8,446.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Did you read the original link? It delineated the significance in that it was the end of the Muslim Hajj (there are pre-existing suspicions that the end of it would see some further action by El-Qaeda), the 'thought experiment', and at a time when there is impending action in Iraq. The ones who published the original call to prayer and fasting felt God was saying that after March 2, there were to be judgements come upon many. The confluence of the dates is believed to be significant - not necessarily the fact that it is 03-03-03.

Upvote 0

David Gould

May 28, 2002
Canberra, Australia
Visit site
✟29,118.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
AU-Labor
Today at 10:48 AM nikolai_42 said this in Post #17

Did you read the original link? It delineated the significance in that it was the end of the Muslim Hajj (there are pre-existing suspicions that the end of it would see some further action by El-Qaeda), the 'thought experiment', and at a time when there is impending action in Iraq. The ones who published the original call to prayer and fasting felt God was saying that after March 2, there were to be judgements come upon many. The confluence of the dates is believed to be significant - not necessarily the fact that it is 03-03-03.

There are "judgements against many" every day of the week. How many people died yesterday in Africa of starvation or disease?

Did the link give a number? A time limit? I mean, 7,843 years from now it will still be after 03/03/03.

And I as an atheist human being knew in October last year that there was impending war against Iraq and that it would likely happen this year, so how big a prophecy is it?

Unless there is a specific prophecy made, this is simply vague handwaving nonsense - exactly the same sort of stuff people read in the astrology columns of trashy womens magazines every day of the week.

Upvote 0

nikolai_42

Jan 24, 2003
Visit site
✟8,446.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It's purpose was not to foretell specific dates, but to warn of the impending cataclysm that goes beyond mere war that mankind faces - and a call to prayer. Even Michael Drosnin - an atheist journalist and author of the Bible Code (something I don't hold in high regard, mind you) - agrees that such things are reversible with repentance.

Upvote 0

David Gould

May 28, 2002
Canberra, Australia
Visit site
✟29,118.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
AU-Labor
Today at 11:07 AM nikolai_42 said this in Post #19

It's purpose was not to foretell specific dates, but to warn of the impending cataclysm that goes beyond mere war that mankind faces - and a call to prayer. Even Michael Drosnin - an atheist journalist and author of the Bible Code (something I don't hold in high regard, mind you) - agrees that such things are reversible with repentance.

What impending cataclysm? Are you talking about the apocalpyse?

As to Michael Drosnin, he thinks that God caused apocalpyses are reversible through repentence? In what sense then is an atheist? :scratch:

Upvote 0