Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don’t think “idiot” is a form of accent…

Childish is what I would call concentrating on the pronunciation of the word wanton when the subject is an escalation the number of killings.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Childish is what I would call concentrating on the pronunciation of the word wanton when the subject is an escalation the number of killings.

Fine, however; my concern is that she was reading from Romans 1:29 at the time (the verse talks of wanton killings) and, not only did she not know how to pronounce the word, but didn't have any understanding of what it meant. She stated, “I don’t know what a wonton killing is. I’m gonna have to look that one up, but it sounds interesting.”

I think we should expect more from our Congresspersons. If she can't understand a word like "wanton," how can she understand what is in the bills she votes on, which tend to require a much higher reading ability than what Rep. Boebert has shown?

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,533.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
It’s not just the pronunciation of the word. She didn’t know what the word meant. The only adults that I know who don’t know what the word “wanton” means are the “good, conservative Christians” in my family. Who are all proudly stupid. The point is that Colorado elected a moron. In a perfect society, morons wouldn’t be allowed to hold office.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Fine, however; my concern is that she was reading from Romans 1:29 at the time (the verse talks of wanton killings) and, not only did she not know how to pronounce the word, but didn't have any understanding of what it meant. She stated, “I don’t know what a wonton killing is. I’m gonna have to look that one up, but it sounds interesting.”

I think we should expect more from our Congresspersons. If she can't understand a word like "wanton," how can she understand what is in the bills she votes on, which tend to require a much higher reading ability than what Rep. Boebert has shown?

At least she's not using words like "Expodentially" over and over again. Only the leader of the free world (if he's a democrat) can get away with that.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At least she's not using words like "Expodentially" over and over again. Only the leader of the free world (if he's a democrat) can get away with that.

I thought both the candidates in 2020 were rather poor choices, as well. It is one of my issues with both political parties, how they both seem to be trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

• Agree
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I thought both the candidates in 2020 were rather poor choices, as well. It is one of my issues with both political parties, how they both seem to be trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

If by "lowest", you mean the most basic of priorities, then you are correct. Republicans are simply trying to save the country from spiraling into a Marxist state where people aren't even allowed to have conversations with each other anymore lest they be cancelled for not going along with the manipulation of language according to one side's rules.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If by "lowest", you mean the most basic of priorities, then you are correct. Republicans are simply trying to save the country from spiraling into a Marxist state where people aren't even allowed to have conversations with each other anymore lest they be cancelled for not going along with the manipulation of language according to one side's rules.

Sorry, no.

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,533.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I don’t think anyone is trying to take away the right to misuse language. And I don’t think calling those people morons classifies as canceling them. But I do realize how sensitive Republicans can be…

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don’t think anyone is trying to take away the right to misuse language. And I don’t think calling those people morons classifies as canceling them. But I do realize how sensitive Republicans can be…

You just used 3 examples of what Orwell foresaw.

Upvote 0

perplexed

Jun 22, 2005
✟101,449.00
Faith
Seeker
If that is all they are doing then why support people like Trump and Boebert ?
There are plenty of people that are worried about big government doing more harm than good and value free speech that aren't kooks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Everyone loves to invoke that leftist Orwell!

Especially when his predictions of a dystopian future has become the model for the current administration to follow---and it's there for everyone to see.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums