Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
BTW, I am not a Pre-tribber, I am a Mid-Tribber/Pre-Wrath adherent. The seventh trumpet is the last trumpet and we will be changed at that time.

Imho the trumpet of Rapture is different with the 7 trumpets of God's wrath,
cause when Paul wrote 1 Thes 4:16, the Book of Revelation (7 seal + 7 trumpets) not yet revealed

1 Thes 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the TRUMPET of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

so clearly this rapture trumpet that Paul spoke didnt refer to the 7 trumpets of Judgment in the book of Revelation.

May Jesus bless you all HalleluYAH

Upvote 0

JaeMelo

Dec 30, 2015
Bermuda
✟9,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
cause when Paul wrote 1 Thes 4:16, the Book of Revelation (7 seal + 7 trumpets) not yet revealed

1 Thes 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the TRUMPET of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

so clearly this rapture trumpet that Paul spoke didnt refer to the 7 trumpets of Judgment in the book of Revelation.

+1 Finally something we can agree on :)

I used to be Catholic but I'm non denominational now, but Catholics are Christians. :) I'll check out that link you posted.

God bless you for getting out of that religion. I was on the same boat as you but as a Jehovah Witness. One thing for sure is all these false religions can easily be picked apart against the book it allegedly holds true to with a little bit of research, common sense and logic. Also I edited my post with images along with another link covering the topic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tina W

Dec 24, 2014
Arizona, USA
✟20,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
+1 Finally something we can agree on :)

God bless you for getting out of that religion. I was on the same boat as you but as a Jehovah Witness. One thing for sure is all these false religions can easily be picked apart against the book it allegedly holds true to with a little bit of research common sense and logic. Also I edited my post with images along with another link covering the topic.

Okay thanks! :)

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Really, is that how you interpret scripture? All scripture is God breathed, all ordained by Him and prepared by Him. So, the seventh trumpet (last) was ordained before the foundation of the earth! God knows the end from the beginning. Paul wrote down what he wrote, when God told him to, nothing more or less. Nevertheless, he was given prophecy of the end times and said last trumpet. He wasn't given the book of Revelation in all it's details! John was given that most likely 30 years later.
Clearly, God gives us prophecy in a piece by piece manner, through various prophets in different generations. We put the pieces together.

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Where did I say Catholics are not Christians? Stop trying to create a non-existenting argument; However regarding that for the record they are not the same thing. They share some fundamental similarities but are not the same.

Now just because you believe in Jesus doesen't mean your prophecies are automatically legitimate; John Hagee is a clear example. Roman Catholicism is a fork of Christianity mixed with Paganism from the 4th century. A product of the Roman Empire aka Babylon. Its foolish to be a Christian yet believe anything the derives from them especially prophecies outside of the bible in general. Jehovah Witnesses are a great example (Ex JW) they believe in Jesus yet they've had prophecies come to pass and fall flat on its face. I hope your still on these forums when Pope Francis passes away and is replaced so I can hear the run around to this lol.

Funny how the bible tells us God is the only one who can forgive our sins and grant us salvation yet in Confession booths for Catholics the catholic church has the power to forgiving sins not the Lord Jesus. Im guessing this is legitimate to your hybrid beliefs right along with that St. Malachy's garbage?! Where in the bible can I find that God has given this right to humans now to grant salvation? I'll be waiting for your reply. Be sure to include scriptures for proof. After all Catholics are Christians so it has to be the the same...

Here take a look at this this link and this link. I am only trying to shed some light on the matter..

0071_02.gif
0071_03.gif
0071_04.gif
0071_05.gif
0071_06.gif
0071_07.gif
0071_08.gif
0071_22.gif
Well, your display of cartoon-like mockery of Catholics clearly contradicts your question: "Where did I say that Catholics aren't Christians?" Your implications are enough!
Actually, the priest behind the booth does not forgive sins! He says your sins are forgiven on behalf of Jesus, Who forgave our past, present and future sins. He is just making a claim of what already is reality. We are told to "confess our sins" to one another. Obviously saying "Our Father ... ' and "Hail Mary's" ten times won't do anything. I agree. Praying to saints does nothing. We pray directly to the Father or Jesus and don't need any intermediary other than Jesus. And btw, we are all priests (Rev.1:6)and saints (Rom. 1:7;8:27).

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well, your display of cartoon-like mockery of Catholics clearly contradicts your question: "Where did I say that Catholics aren't Christians?" Your implications are enough!
Actually, the priest behind the booth does not forgive sins! He says your sins are forgiven on behalf of Jesus, Who forgave our past, present and future sins. He is just making a claim of what already is reality. We are told to "confess our sins" to one another. Obviously saying "Our Father ... ' and "Hail Mary's" ten times won't do anything. I agree. Praying to saints does nothing. We pray directly to the Father or Jesus and don't need any intermediary other than Jesus. And btw, we are all priests (Rev.1:6)and saints (Rom. 1:7;8:27).
The confessional is an add on to the bible. The priests have no authority to be speaking on behalf of Jesus in that regards. There is no go between - between Jesus and believers. The Vatican and other religious organizations would like for everyone to think so, that they are a go between. But it is a lie.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Francis seems to me to be saying that there are many who, given the calamities around the world, will probably not see the next Xmas, so this will be the last one they will see. He doesn't seem to be saying anything about the "End Times" because frankly he doesn't believe in that sort of nonsense.

Agreed

Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
The confessional is an add on to the bible. The priests have no authority to be speaking on behalf of Jesus in that regards. There is no go between - between Jesus and believers. The Vatican and other religious organizations would like for everyone to think so, that they are a go between. But it is a lie.

Matthew 18:18 New Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (NRSVCE)
18 Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
18 Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
Here's the add on...

Truly I tell you - as priests - whatever you bind on earth will be bound heaven, and whatever you loosed on earth will be loosed in heaven.

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Really, is that how you interpret scripture? All scripture is God breathed, all ordained by Him and prepared by Him. So, the seventh trumpet (last) was ordained before the foundation of the earth! God knows the end from the beginning. Paul wrote down what he wrote, when God told him to, nothing more or less. Nevertheless, he was given prophecy of the end times and said last trumpet. He wasn't given the book of Revelation in all it's details! John was given that most likely 30 years later.
Clearly, God gives us prophecy in a piece by piece manner, through various prophets in different generations. We put the pieces together.

Imho the trumpet of Rapture shall be blown when Jesus appears to gather His saints on the cloud. this shall happen be4 the great tribulation of antichrist when the antichrist is empowered to make false peace in the 1st seal opening.
while the 7 trumpets of God's wrath shall happen after the opening of the 7 seals.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

such as what ?

Upvote 0

JaeMelo

Dec 30, 2015
Bermuda
✟9,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
/thread

lol you can't tell him trust me I gave up.. Just let him be.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
John 20:21-23 New Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (NRSVCE)
21 Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you.” 22 When he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”

Matthew 28:18-20 New Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (NRSVCE)
18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

Luke 22:29-30 New Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (NRSVCE)
29 and I confer on you, just as my Father has conferred on me, a kingdom, 30 so that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and you will sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

2 Corinthians 2:10 New Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (NRSVCE)
10 Anyone whom you forgive, I also forgive. What I have forgiven, if I have forgiven anything, has been for your sake in the presence of Christ.

Further reading my friends

/Thread :oldthumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
21 Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you.” 22 When he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”

Matthew 28:18-20 New Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (NRSVCE)
18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

Luke 22:29-30 New Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (NRSVCE)
29 and I confer on you, just as my Father has conferred on me, a kingdom, 30 so that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and you will sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

2 Corinthians 2:10 New Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (NRSVCE)
10 Anyone whom you forgive, I also forgive. What I have forgiven, if I have forgiven anything, has been for your sake in the presence of Christ.

Further reading my friends

/Thread :oldthumbsup:
antletems, the confessional is an add-on. Purgatory was an add-on - until as I understand it - became a subtract off ?

Purgatory appeared and then disappeared ?

Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
antletems, the confessional is an add-on. Purgatory was an add-on - until as I understand it - became a subtract off ?

Purgatory appeared and then disappeared ?

Read the quotes. Confession is not an add on. You are reading what you want to believe is the right translation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Read the quotes. Confession is not an add on. You are reading what you want to believe is the right translation.
Confessional to a Catholic priest is the add-on.

Confess our sins to Jesus, God, is what the bible teaches. No go betweens. A priest cannot cleanse anyone from unrighteousness.

1John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

The issue is over who is the "you". The you is the Holy Spirit, not the disciples.

It is by the Holy Spirit that Christ lives in us. A person who receives Jesus, receives the Holy Spirit. Which it is the Holy Spirit, Christ in us, who forgives them in Christ who have sinned. Them who reject Jesus, do not have the Holy Spirit and their sins are retained.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Confessional to a Catholic priest is the add-on.

Confess our sins to Jesus, God, is what the bible teaches. No go betweens. A priest cannot cleanse anyone from unrighteousness.

1John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

The issue is over who is the "you". The you is the Holy Spirit, not the disciples.

It is by the Holy Spirit that Christ lives in us. A person who receives Jesus, receives the Holy Spirit. Which it is the Holy Spirit, Christ in us, who forgives them in Christ who have sinned. Them who reject Jesus, do not have the Holy Spirit and their sins are retained.

As you will know, Jesus works 'through' the Catholic priest, much like he said he would do with the Apostles! It is obviouse through that quote of Scripture that Jesus was telling the Apostles that 'they' with the Holy Spirit could forgive.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
As you will know, Jesus works 'through' the Catholic priest, much like he said he would do with the Apostles! It is obviouse through that quote of Scripture that Jesus was telling the Apostles that 'they' with the Holy Spirit could forgive.
No, the Holy Spirit as the presence of Jesus in us - it is Jesus doing the forgiving, as no-one has the power to forgive and remove sins but God.

A person who is not even a Christian, can forgive someone else's sin against them, but it does not remove the sin from the person's record in heaven. So that is not what Jesus was talking about when he said receive you the Holy Spirit. Only God can forgive and remove sins, not a priest or a disciple or a lay person.

Jesus lives in us by the Holy Spirit, not a priest. There are no go-betweens.

Last edited:
Reactions: JaeMelo
Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Are u sayin that Inquisition of millions of christians by RCC actually done by Jesus "through" the catholic priest ?

Upvote 0