Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually the name was co-opted, it was derived from Philistine, Palestinians were the Jews that were slaves under the Romans.
I'm not referring to the Roman days, I'm referring to the 1900s before much of it became the State of Israel when the Brits were calling it Palestine.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm not referring to the Roman days, I'm referring to the 1900s before much of it became the State of Israel when the Brits were calling it Palestine.
It was the Jews who were referred to as Palestinians up until the Arafat co-opted the name.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Israel bears no blame for the horrific attack.
If they knowingly hit a hospital, warning or no warning. Then that would make them wrong. There's no way to evacuate a whole hospital. When people are at their worst. If Israel is really Gods people, they wouldn't hit hospitals.

• Winner
Reactions: Vanellus
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Never heard the warning part, be careful not to fall for propaganda. What took place is plain out butchery, we have seen that Hamas will say anything. Israel goes out of their way to avoid civilian targets, Hamas does the opposite.
You meant the lies on the right news sources. The Fox News channel, Trump and all his people, that lied and Conservative Christians believed.

Upvote 0

Vanellus

Sep 15, 2014
✟116,014.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
According to Anglican Archbishop in Jerusalem, Hosam Naoum, the hospital was struck by an Israeli missile on Saturday, was warned to evacuate on that same Saturday, was warned again on Sunday, again on Monday, and was bombed on Tuesday.

The evidence for the bombing of the Baptist hospital is not as clear cut as some posts here claim

Who's to blame for the massacre at Gaza's Baptist Hospital?

Israel claims it didn’t hit the hospital, claiming a rocket being shot by Islamic Jihad misfired and caused the damage. To “prove” this, occupation forces have used a video which aired an hour before the strike – at 18:59 local time – when the strike took place around 19:50.
Israel’s newly appointed Digital Spokesperson Hananya Naftali then admitted that occupation forces bombed the Al-Ahli Baptist Hospital. The post has since been deleted.

Upvote 0

Vanellus

Sep 15, 2014
✟116,014.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hmm how does this stuff about Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar compare to Michelle Salzman (Florida Republican) calling for the death of all the people in Gaza (over 2 million)

Outrage grows after ‘chilling call for genocide’ by Florida Republican

Outrage continues to grow over a public comment made by a Florida state Republican lawmaker calling for all Palestinians to die.

The remarks came during a debate in the state legislature about calling for a ceasefire in Israel’s invasion of Gaza, which has so far killed more than 10,000 Palestinians, many of whom are children. The assault came after Hamas fighters attacked Israel from Gaza, killing at least 1,400 people and taking more than 200 hostage.

In the speech in support of the ceasefire resolution, the Democratic Florida state representative Angie Nixon said: “We are at 10,000 dead Palestinians. How many will be enough?”

“All of them,” Michelle Salzman called in reply.

Nixon acknowledged the interruption and said: “One of my colleagues just said, ‘All of them.’ Wow.”

The Florida state house later voted 104-2 to reject Nixon’s resolution.

Salzman’s office did not respond to a request for comment.

Upvote 0

Vanellus

Sep 15, 2014
✟116,014.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is a very interesting clip. The interviewer keeps trying to put words in the mouth of the Archbishop and the Archbishop keeps refusing to let that happen.

The Archbishop did not say it was an Israeli missile that struck the second time the hospital was hit, just that they had been struck.

It does seem clear that everything was missile strikes, which makes any 'report' that refers to bombing suspect.

Oops!
The Archbishop also said that he thought the earlier strike was by the Israelis and the warning they later received from the Israelis was specific to the hospital, it wasn't the general warning to move south. I don't think the Israelis would say get out because we're going to bomb you because that would be admitting responsibility for bombing a hospital. So what the Archbishop said was that the Israeli warning did not say that the Israelis were going to hit the building. He did not deny that the Israelis had struck the building as he did not know.

I think your "oops" is a mistake.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It was the Jews who were referred to as Palestinians up until the Arafat co-opted the name.
Really?

British Palestine (1917-1948)

Crisis Phase (November 2, 1917-April 19, 1936):
Jewish nationalists began a struggle for a Jewish state in Palestine following the issuance by the British government of the Balfour Declaration on November 2, 1917. In the document, the British government declared its support for the establishment of a “national home for the Jewish people” in Palestine. Palestinian Arabs rioted in Jerusalem in March 1920 (“Bloody Passover”), resulting in the deaths of five Palestinian Jews and four Palestinian Arabs. Representatives of seven Allied countries (Belgium, Britain, France, Greece, Italy, Japan), which were meeting in San Remo, Italy beginning on April 19, 1920, decided to provisionally grant Britain the mandate over Palestine. Palestinian Arabs, who were opposed to the principles contained in the Balfour Declaration, opposed the efforts of the British government beginning in April 1920.

Of course, there were others living in Palestine. Some of these were Palestinian Christians.

Upvote 0