Minnesota
✟215,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Democratic Michigan Rep. Rashida Tlaib and Democratic Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar made tweets on Tuesday blaming Israel, which have not been removed or changed.
“Israel just bombed the Baptist Hospital killing 500 Palestinians (doctors, children, patients) just like that,” Tlaib tweeted.

These are the people's representatives.

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Michigan Rep. Rashida Tlaib is the first woman of Palestinian descent in Congress, the first Muslim woman to serve in the Michigan legislature, and one of the first two Muslim women elected to Congress. Omar is the first Somali American in the United States Congress and the first woman of color to represent Minnesota. She is also one of the first two Muslim women (along with Rashida Tlaib) to serve in Congress.

Is there any surprise?
I haven't been convinced on the responsible party in that event. I simply don't know.
I do know, that an interview of one of the hospital representatives (I don't recall the specific role), that Israel warned the hospital of the attack apporoxamatley 48 hours in advance. Some left the area based on the warning.
Does that mean Israel did it? no. Does it mean they didn't? also no.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Michigan Rep. Rashida Tlaib is the first woman of Palestinian descent in Congress, the first Muslim woman to serve in the Michigan legislature, and one of the first two Muslim women elected to Congress. Omar is the first Somali American in the United States Congress and the first woman of color to represent Minnesota. She is also one of the first two Muslim women (along with Rashida Tlaib) to serve in Congress.

Is there any surprise?
I haven't been convinced on the responsible party in that event. I simply don't know.
I do know, that an interview of one of the hospital representtives (I don't recall the specific role), that Israelis warned the hospital of the attack apporoxamatley 48 hours in advance. Some left the area based on the warning. Does that mean Israel did it? no. Does it mean they didn't? also no.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Is there any surprise?
I do know, that an interview of one of the hospital representatives (I don't recall the specific role), that Israel warned the hospital of the attack apporoxamatley 48 hours in advance. Some left the area based on the warning.
Does that mean Israel did it? no. Does it mean they didn't? also no.
Never heard the warning part, be careful not to fall for propaganda. What took place is plain out butchery, we have seen that Hamas will say anything. Israel goes out of their way to avoid civilian targets, Hamas does the opposite.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I do think it is irresponsible to continue to say things that have been shown that are likely not true. It's just not black and white. There's so much nuance in this that any steadfast opinion on almost any aspect of what's going on likely misses a lot in the wider context.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,756.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Never heard the warning part, be careful not to fall for propaganda. What took place is plain out butchery, we have seen that Hamas will say anything. Israel goes out of their way to avoid civilian targets, Hamas does the opposite.
I would take the warning as a given if there were any Hamas positions nearby and perhaps even if there were not since Hamas is fairly mobile.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I saw/heard the video interview from within the bombed hospital on the day after. The person interviewed was part of an Anglican group that operated within that facility. I have not seen those comments discussed elsewhere.
I'm not falling for anything, as I said, i have not been convinced either way.
The Hamas attack was horrific and should be condemened. otoh, Israel's hands are not clean either.

• Agree
Reactions: Vanellus
Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟231,093.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
According to Anglican Archbishop in Jerusalem, Hosam Naoum, the hospital was struck by an Israeli missile on Saturday, was warned to evacuate on that same Saturday, was warned again on Sunday, again on Monday, and was bombed on Tuesday.

• Winner
Reactions: Vanellus
Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,756.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
According to Anglican Archbishop in Jerusalem, Hosam Naoum, the hospital was struck by an Israeli missile on Saturday, was warned to evacuate on that same Saturday, was warned again on Sunday, again on Monday, and was bombed on Tuesday.

That is a very interesting clip. The interviewer keeps trying to put words in the mouth of the Archbishop and the Archbishop keeps refusing to let that happen.

The Archbishop did not say it was an Israeli missile that struck the second time the hospital was hit, just that they had been struck.

It does seem clear that everything was missile strikes, which makes any 'report' that refers to bombing suspect.

Oops!

• Agree
Reactions: JosephZ
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I saw/heard the video interview from within the bombed hospital on the day after. The person interviewed was part of an Anglican group that operated within that facility. I have not seen those comments discussed elsewhere.
I'm not falling for anything, as I said, i have not been convinced either way.
The Hamas attack was horrific and should be condemened. otoh, Israel's hands are not clean either.
Israel bears no blame for the horrific attack.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Israel bears no blame for the horrific attack.
I agree that Hamas is responsible for their attack. I did not say that Israel was repsonble for Hamas.
Israel owns it's own atrocities.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Michigan Rep. Rashida Tlaib is the first woman of Palestinian descent in Congress,
Tlib descends from the Philistines? I don't think so. There have not been known Philistinians for centuries. How absurd. She is Arabic in descent.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟933,338.00
Faith
Atheist
Which means Philistinian. The Romans (occupiers) named it way back after the Philistines to upset Jew's.
There are no Philistines as a descent anymore.
The Brits called it Palestine. The people call themselves Palestinians, so call them that. Any thing else is rude

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The Brits called it Palestine. The people call themselves Palestinians, so call them that.
Sure. The Romanized version of the same name.
Any thing else is rude
No, not rude. What is rude is to falsely claim a specific descent to the term.
Ge 21:34 And Abraham sojourned in the Philistines <06430>’ land many days

06430 פלשׁתי Pᵉlishtiy pel-ish-tee’

patrial from 06429; adj; [BDB-814a] {See TWOT on 1779}

AV-Philistine 287, Philistim 1; 288

Philistine= "immigrants"

1) an inhabitant of Philistia; descendants of Mizraim who immigrated from Caphtor (Crete?) to the western seacoast of Canaan

06429 פלשׁת Pᵉlesheth pel-eh’-sheth

from 06428; n pr; [BDB-814a] {See TWOT on 1779}

AV-Palestina 3, Philistia 3, Philistine 1, Palestine 1; 8

Philistia= "land of sojourners"

1) the general territory on the west coast of Canaan or the entire country of Palestine

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Brits called it Palestine. The people call themselves Palestinians, so call them that. Any thing else is rude
Arafat stole the name as part of his propaganda efforts. The Jews were known as the Palestinians, for example, I believe the Jerusalem Post used to be the Palestinian Post.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Arafat stole the name as part of his propaganda efforts. The Jews were known as the Palestinians, for example, I believe the Jerusalem Post used to be the Palestinian Post.
All the people who lived there were called Palestinians, Jews, Arabs, and Christians alike. How about all those Americans, Jews, Arabs, Asians, Latinos/Hispanics, Indians, etc., etc....?

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
All the people who lived there were called Palestinians, Jews, Arabs, and Christians alike. How about all those Americans, Jews, Arabs, Asians, Latinos/Hispanics, Indians, etc., etc....?
Actually the name was co-opted, it was derived from Philistine, Palestinians were the Jews that were slaves under the Romans.

Upvote 0