Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Keep in mind:
*This video release is probably just a teaser of more to come.
* The investigation was 30 months long
*There are hundreds of hours of undercover footage
*Dozens of eye-witness testimonies
*200 pages of primary source documents

Where there's smoke, there's fire. This is not a manufactured issue. IMHO.

Upvote 0

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Keep in mind:
*This video release is probably just a teaser of more to come.
* The investigation was 30 months long
*There are hundreds of hours of undercover footage
*Dozens of eye-witness testimonies
*200 pages of primary source documents

Where there's smoke, there's fire. This is not a manufactured issue. IMHO.

There's somebody screaming Fire! Fire! from a streetcorner, anyway.

You should probably look into former Kansas Attorney General Phill Kline's three-year investigation of PP. All 100-and-whatever counts dropped for lack of evidence. I'm sure that the AG had more resources at his disposal than the producers of this video did.

Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
There's somebody screaming Fire! Fire! from a streetcorner, anyway.

You should probably look into former Kansas Attorney General Phill Kline's three-year investigation of PP. All 100-and-whatever counts dropped for lack of evidence. I'm sure that the AG had more resources at his disposal than the producers of this video did.
Perhaps you are right. We'll know in time.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Reactions: sea oat
Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Most abortion clinics give patients the option to donate fetal tissue for research purposes. Stem cell research is so important. If you've ever watched someone die from ALS, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, or a host of other degenerative diseases that kill a person from the inside out, you would value such research. PP does not sell fetal parts. They have various research organizations women are able to donate to.

Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Most abortion clinics give patients the option to donate fetal tissue for research purposes. Stem cell research is so important. If you've ever watched someone die from ALS, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, or a host of other degenerative diseases that kill a person from the inside out, you would value such research. PP does not sell fetal parts. They have various research organizations women are able to donate to.
And yet it isn't lost on most that there is a high cost to value research that is dependent on the killing of unborn human beings in the womb.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The claim being made against PP is that they are engaged in selling body parts from aborted babies.

And the claim is bogus - even the full video makes that readily apparent.

While it's legal to donate fetal tissue, it is not to legal sell them.

No, but it is legal to get reimbursed for the expenses incurred with the donation.

This is a horrible thing (if true) on a number of levels. If one is against abortion, presumably it's because it takes the life of an innocent unborn human being. Equally outrageous is "harvesting" body parts for the purpose of selling those body parts and making money. People ought to be able to express their concern and outrage without having such labeled as "outrage inappropriate content type posts."

People ought not be able to lie about what's going on.

A three hour video was edited down to 8 minutes. Then both the full video and the edited video are made available to the public. If they intended to mislead it's odd they would provide the three hour video too.

They provided it when called out on it. From what I've seen on facebook, most people aren't bothering to look for the longer version and are taking the bait instead.

But yeah, the guy who produced this apparently didn't learn from his buddy O'Keefe that you should hang onto the raw video for a while so you can string people along for longer.

There is no evidence that shows the video was deliberately edited to mislead.

Baloney. The raw video (or the transcript) makes it readily apparent. I've read the transcript; have you?

And yet it isn't lost on most that there is a high cost to value research that is dependent on the killing of unborn human beings in the womb.

That's great. That doesn't mean you get to lie about things in order to get your way.

Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
And the claim is bogus - even the full video makes that readily apparent.No, but it is legal to get reimbursed for the expenses incurred with the donation.
People ought not be able to lie about what's going on.
They provided it when called out on it. From what I've seen on facebook, most people aren't bothering to look for the longer version and are taking the bait instead.
But yeah, the guy who produced this apparently didn't learn from his buddy O'Keefe that you should hang onto the raw video for a while so you can string people along for longer.
Baloney. The raw video (or the transcript) makes it readily apparent. I've read the transcript; have you?
That's great. That doesn't mean you get to lie about things in order to get your way.

The investigations have barely started and you have it all figured out. Congratulations.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The investigations have barely started and you have it all figured out. Congratulations.

Reading things in context isn't hard. People should try it some time.

Even those on the left get it. Here's a tweet from former White House/Obama staffer Michael Wear.

Michael Wear @MichaelRWear
It should bother us as a society that we have use for aborted human organs, but not the baby that provides them.

That's a tangential issue. The claim was that PP was profiting from this - a claim which the full video does not support.

If you want to talk about Michael Wear's point, that's fine, but that wasn't the point being made by the videographers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Greg Logan

Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2015
✟50,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The video is a complete lie from a lying organization that uses the name of of Jesus to shill $$$ turning the House of Prayer into a den of thieves - a common practice among evangelicals...

I appreciate the integrity and awareness of the brethren on this site to have identified the illicit nature of the video. Thanks for your persistence against the nay-sayers. Maybe I will go for that life-time membership.

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
This will be investigated and the truth will come out and CMP's relationship to the video is irrelevant.
What truth do you think is objectively there? Your insistence of one thing doesn't make it true and you've already stated as such in other threads. Are you admitting the CMP was mistaken and wrong in deceiving people into believing a falsehood? Or are you hoping that the clickbait headline will be shown to be true even though such a relationship is more an imagined conspiracy of anti abortion activists to begin with.

Regardless of thoughts on abortion, a pragmatic viewpoint on this would at least admit it is better to donate it to science than just burn it as waste if it is possible to preserve it for some other good. Doctrine of double effect ring a bell?

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

Greg Logan

Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2015
✟50,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
CMPs relation to the video will NEVER be irrelevant - they are liars that produced the video. They did so to create a controversy and ultimately make money off of the name of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
What truth do you think is objectively there? Your insistence of one thing doesn't make it true and you've already stated as such in other threads. Are you admitting the CMP was mistaken and wrong in deceiving people into believing a falsehood? Or are you hoping that the clickbait headline will be shown to be true even though such a relationship is more an imagined conspiracy of anti abortion activists to begin with.

Regardless of thoughts on abortion, a pragmatic viewpoint on this would at least admit it is better to donate it to science than just burn it as waste if it is possible to preserve it for some other good. Doctrine of double effect ring a bell?

I have no idea what your really asking me. To what exactly are you responding?

Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
You say the truth will come out: I just hope you're willing to accept it, that's my concern in regards to this kind of strong sentiment against abortion.
Of course I'll accept it. If an investigation finds that PP is NOT selling baby parts but IS legally donating them then I'll agree that the whole thing is bogus. But at this point I don't know - and nobody really knows yet. Right now it's just an allegation. I understand that.

I do have a strong sentiment against abortion. I even object to the harvesting of body parts EVEN for research. So understandably I have a strong reaction to the allegations. It would be irresponsible of us to ignore the video and the possibility that PP is doing something illegal. If they are doing nothing wrong, PP should welcome an investigation as it's in their best interest. It would clear their name and look very bad on those that took the video.

BTW, more videos are coming in the next weeks and months. This apparently is the just iceberg tip. I don't know any more than the next but it's hard to ignore the story as it's all over my twitter feed.

Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
CMPs relation to the video will NEVER be irrelevant - they are liars that produced the video. They did so to create a controversy and ultimately make money off of the name of Jesus Christ.
I'm curious. How do you know this is a fact?

Upvote 0

Greg Logan

Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2015
✟50,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm curious. How do you know this is a fact?

Fair question - they manipulated the video in such a way as to make it say something it did not say - and sent it out and let a massive firestorm erupt. Of course the right wing religious loons took off without a second thought because they are driven by ideology and not by the Holy Spirit who would require that we search these things out to see whether they be so....:) (Yes, a word to the wise).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.