So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No not clearly, but I wasn't there and cant really say why they thought such force was needed. Maybe they were just plain wrong, but without actually being there, or hearing more details. it hard to pass judgment.
If this were a lone, or unusual, incident, it would indeed be hard to pass judgement.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If this were a lone, or unusual, incident, it would indeed be hard to pass judgement.

What you are suggesting, it seems, is that we pass judgment without having all the facts, which is the very thing you are accusing these officers of. In your haste to condemn you end up making a hypocritical judgment. Its stereotyping really. Its not unlike racial profiling either.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What you are suggesting, it seems, is that we pass judgment without having all the facts, which is the very thing you are accusing these officers of. In your haste to condemn you end up making a hypocritical judgment. Its stereotyping really. Its not unlike racial profiling either.
Ah, another attempt to try to make this about race? Cool.

How many times do you need to hear about these sort of wrongful deaths before you can bring yourself to acknowledge that there is a problem?

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ah, another attempt to try to make this about race? Cool.

How many times do you need to hear about these sort of wrongful deaths before you can bring yourself to acknowledge that there is a problem?

Its not about race, I just wanted to use profiling as an example of bad judgment. I never said there wasn't a problem, I only said we shouldnt break out the lynch mob yet.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Its not about race, I just wanted to use profiling as an example of bad judgment. I never said there wasn't a problem, I only said we shouldnt break out the lynch mob yet.
I haven't seen anyone call for a lynching, either.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The media uses stories like this to stir up a feeding frenzy. People who have nothing better to do than complain all day eat it up too. I hope justice is served in the end. That's all.
As do we all. But while calling for censure of the police officer involved is premature, so too is the kneejerk "nothing to see here, dude totally deserved it" response.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As do we all. But while calling for censure of the police officer involved is premature, so to is the kneejerk "nothing to see here, dude totally deserved it" response.

That wasn't my response at all. The feeding frenzy begins.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

VanillaSunflowers

Black Lives Don't Matter More Than Any Other Life
Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
No one mentioned race until you brought it up.
Well, if lynching can be defended as someones metaphor most certainly my mentioning the agendaists can reflect the pattern of conversations intending to widen the divide in the community.

Thanks for your support.

Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Black Lives Don't Matter More Than Any Other Life
Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
That wasn't my response at all. The feeding frenzy begins.
More like the nonsense derail seeds are being interjected now to throw the topic into the land of absurd and Tolkien.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well, if lynching can be defended as someones metaphor most certainly my mentioning the agendaists can reflect the pattern of conversations intending to widen the divide in the community.

Thanks for your support.
Oh good. Another one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wonder if the agendaists knew Daniel Harris was white? Or that the officer was black?

Any deaf people reading? See police?
Do you know what lawyers recommend?
Sit down and shut up!
Drive at a safer speed.

A white guy got shot for jumping out of
the car and waving his arms? Huh.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Not that anyone deserves to be shot for it but,

If you can’t HEAR the siren and somehow do not notice the BRIGHT FLASHING LIGHTS in your mirrors for more than SIX MILES, should you be driving in the first place?

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Yes. You'd clearly shoot a guy for that :/
In no other argumentative realm do we polarize the argument to extremes.

What I mean is this, in police arguments one side only thinks in terms of right or wrong. If the victim was wrong then "whatever" action police take is justified.

It is as if they have no sense of magnitude or perspective.

If you wrongly step on my foot, me bashing you in the head with a sledgehammer is an over reaction. Yet we tolerate this sort of logic when arguing police action.

We have to turn our brains on.

Another popular defense is the "dangerous job" defense. However, there are plenty of jobs more dangerous than policing and we still require people doing those jobs to adhere to good judgement.

Truth is, this is not a hard problem to solve. It just involves us as a society turning our brains on.

Reactions: chandraclaws
Upvote 0