SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
North Carolina police kill unarmed deaf, mute man using sign language
This is as bad as it gets.

A North Carolina state trooper shot and killed 29-year-old Daniel Harris — who was not only unarmed, but deaf and mute — just feet from his home, over a speeding violation. According to early reports from neighbors who witnessed the shooting this past Thursday night, Harris was shot and killed "almost immediately" after exiting his vehicle.

He appeared to be trying to communicate with the officer via sign language.

VanillaSunflowers

Black Lives Don't Matter More Than Any Other Life
Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
How can the police use sign language to kill?
iu

Better question is, how can a credible news outlet hire someone who utilizes such bad grammar in their reporting?

That isn't the point though is it?

The point of such poorly educated reporting is to further the racists agenda to divide Americas people by incorporating as a target the police agencies.
This way it appears the police are worthy of death for being an enemy just as much as whites are.

Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Bad grammar is one thing, but now he was driving blind??!!

29cw2vn.jpg
That's a credible reporting site for sure.
Kidding.

I wonder if the agendaists knew Daniel Harris was white? Or that the officer was black?

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How can the police use sign language to kill?

There now exits a issues between all police, sheriff, highway patrol , and law enforcement people and it falls back on their attitude. I an white and 71, ye pushy attitudes' old, I try to be law abiding and drive most of the time at the speed limit. My experience over the years has been their attitude. Most generally there has been a rough and tough I would say this is about 85% of the time. I believe Afro-American's are mistreated and over and over we see these Citizens complain of all sorts of their rights being violated, and honestly I believe them.

My advice get as far away from the city as possible. Rural areas accept and treat all peoples of color much better. You see your kids being killed and bullied, maybe its time for a change. The law enforcement most likely will not change, but people can.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,661.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I wonder if the agendaists knew Daniel Harris was white? Or that the officer was black?
Seems like the charge of racism against these "agendaists" falls flat with that last bit of info you added. The concern here seems to be police killing people that clearly don't deserve to die.

Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Seems like the charge of racism against these "agendaists" falls flat with that last bit of info you added. The concern here seems to be police killing people that clearly don't deserve to die.
No. But thanks for your opinion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
It's quite obvious the author knew who the man was since his picture is included in the article.

I don't know what's more hilarious, the response that shows someone didn't read the article or the pitiful attempt to save face while attacking others in the process.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
We need to take a step back and look at our police procedures.

Essentially, our police procedures and law boil down to this.

• If you don't do what an officer says, by law he can kill you. regardless of the circumstances, regardless of imminent danger or not, regardless of if the altercation is over a misdemeanor or a felony, doesn't matter.
  • If you fail to follow a lawful instruction, then by law a police officer can kill you. Period.

So, as a society, we need to reassess this current law/procedure/attitude.

Everything else is a red herring and not at the core of the issue.

Compare our law/procedure/attitude to countries like South Korea. If this situation unfolded in South Korea this man would have never been killed.

Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
It's quite obvious the author knew who the man was since his picture is included in the article.

I don't know what's more hilarious, the response that shows someone didn't read the article or the pitiful attempt to save face while attacking others in the process.
Probably the latter is applicable here being that appears to be your forte when you post racially charged threads in order to incite conflict.

Fortunately, your 'quite obvious' remark has no relevancy to anything I observed about the agendaists to whom I was referring. Case made obvious by the fact that the black officer that I included in my remarks is not pictured in the articles linked in this thread.

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

VanillaSunflowers

Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
We need to take a step back and look at our police procedures.

Essentially, our police procedures and law boil down to this.

• If you don't do what an officer says, by law he can kill you. regardless of the circumstances, regardless of imminent danger or not, regardless of if the altercation is over a misdemeanor or a felony, doesn't matter.
  • If you fail to follow a lawful instruction, then by law a police officer can kill you. Period.
So, as a society, we need to reassess this current law/procedure/attitude.

Everything else is a red herring and not at the core of the issue.

Compare our law/procedure/attitude to countries like South Korea. If this situation unfolded in South Korea this man would have never been killed.
It's concerning that you make such inflammatory blanket indictment statements about all police. And are approved by those who consistently post opposition to police and further racial divide in the community. And then you close with the reference to South Korea. Which they of course approve as well. Proving you all know nothing about South Korea nor all police in America.
South Korea is a Democracy. And making a blanket indictment of the likes that you have is just gaumless.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,440,434.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There now exits a issues between all police, sheriff, highway patrol , and law enforcement people and it falls back on their attitude. I an white and 71, ye pushy attitudes' old, I try to be law abiding and drive most of the time at the speed limit. My experience over the years has been their attitude. Most generally there has been a rough and tough I would say this is about 85% of the time. I believe Afro-American's are mistreated and over and over we see these Citizens complain of all sorts of their rights being violated, and honestly I believe them.

My advice get as far away from the city as possible. Rural areas accept and treat all peoples of color much better. You see your kids being killed and bullied, maybe its time for a change. The law enforcement most likely will not change, but people can.

That's what I've been saying in another thread about the difference in policing like Andy (keeping the peace) rather than policing like Barney (enforcing the law).

Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It's concerning that you make such inflammatory blanket indictment statements about all police. And are approved by those who consistently post opposition to police and further racial divide in the community. And then you close with the reference to South Korea. Which they of course approve as well. Proving you all know nothing about South Korea nor all police in America.
South Korea is a Democracy. And making a blanket indictment of the likes that you have is just gaumless.

Read my statement carefully. I did not say all police will kill you. I said, given the current US law and police procedures, police are authorized by the state to commit unlimited violence against any citizen who does not follow police instruction regardless of the magnitude of the offense.

This blanket statement is 100% true and the root cause of our problems with police. So please specifically point out the inaccuracies of my statement.

You refuse police instruction, and once the violence starts all that is required for an officer to use lethal force is for him to "believe" that he "might" be in imminent danger. He doesn't even have to see a weapon, as long as he believes you "might" have a weapon and you "might" be reaching for it he can kill you.

Note, no where in my post have I called police bad or evil. So again, please point out the inaccuracies of my statement?

Upvote 0