Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And in a bunch of other places, including Norway, Iceland, New Zealand and Ireland.
I didn't know that police in New Zealand don't routinely carry guns. The civilians are armed, so I just assumed....o_O
About 230,000 licensed firearms owners own and use New Zealand's estimated 1.1 million firearms.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_New_Zealand

Police officers don't get killed often and police don't kill often. Why is the US so violate? :confused:

http://www.police.govt.nz/about-us/history/memorial/officers-killed-by-criminal-acts
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/cri...ew-calls-to-limit-officers-access-to-firearms

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This guy was obviously very foolish, or perhaps mentally ill. When police have guns pointed at you and their finger on the trigger, you do not move. You don't get out of your car and if you are that foolish, you should at least stop and stand still once you see their guns pointed at you.

Maybe the police acted out frustration because they had to chase this guy for 6 miles, and maybe they were wrong. I don't know and we'll need to see what the cop says. However, this guy was stupid, and he acted like he was either bullet proof or had a death wish.

The cops might just be wrong here, but this guy was stupid. I don't purposely walk in front of a bus and then blame the driver for not seeing me in time.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Here we go.

I get tired of the political and religious division in the Church. The world can do whatever it wants as far as I'm concerned. They can take my guns, that I already sold anyway, they can take whatever they want, because I don't have much anyway. If they take my life then i'll be blessed in heaven. Anything is better than incessant discord over politics and religion.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Yes. All I'm saying is we don't have all the details yet. Its hard to make a judgment without all the details.
In life, we will never have all the details. We will never have perfect information. So we make judgements with what we got.

And what we got is a deaf unarmed citizens that was killed. It should be very alarming that police procedure killed this man.

Reminds me of a case were a man was slumped in the front seat of his car. Police arrived and the man refused police instruction, he seemed drunk. So police beat him to the point of hospitalization. Turned out he was not drunk but rather in a diabetic coma. Police thought he was drunk. But a person in a diabetic coma is non responsive, non aggressive, non combative... so how is it police beat him? Simple. He failed to follow instructions and police procedure is to basically use swift and blinding violence if you don't do as you are told.

I can list example over example of innocent citizens being beaten severely by police because they didn't follow instructions despite being a non threat and taking no aggressive action.

This is more than enough info to discern a pattern.

Yes, for the sake of argument he failed to follow instructions
... and essentially that is basically a death sentence in America.

It is disgusting that I can go on YouTube and watch innocent citizens being killed by police and nothing changes.

Reactions: chandraclaws
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In life, we will never have all the details. We will never have perfect information. So we make judgements with what we got.

And what we got is a deaf unarmed citizens that was killed. It should be very alarming that police procedure killed this man.

Reminds me of a case were a man was slumped in the front seat of his car. Police arrived and the man refused police instruction, he seemed drunk. So police beat him to the point of hospitalization. Turned out he was not drunk but rather in a diabetic coma. Police thought he was drunk. But a person in a diabetic coma is non responsive, non aggressive, non combative... so how is it police beat him? Simple. He failed to follow instructions and police procedure is to basically use swift and blinding violence if you don't do as you are told.

I can list example over example of innocent citizens being beaten severely by police because they didn't follow instructions despite being a non threat and taking no aggressive action.

This is more than enough info to discern a pattern.

Yes, for the sake of argument he failed to follow instructions
... and essentially that is basically a death sentence in America.

It is disgusting that I can go on YouTube and watch innocent citizens being killed by police and nothing changes.

You are correct I suppose. I just like to take things slow. In every election, and other things, we see much hysteria promoted. Many people have been wrongly convicted because a jury didn't look for reasonable doubt.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,575.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
People have accepted it as a fact of life.

Civilians get killed by suicide bombins in the east.
Civilians get killed by authoritarian violence in the west.

Only when the roles get flipped around and soldiers kill civilians in the east or suicide attacks kill civilians in the west is it something unusual and thus newsworthy.

Don't worry, though. People will forget soon enough, distracted by something new and shiny.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,135.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
This guy was obviously very foolish, or perhaps mentally ill. When police have guns pointed at you and their finger on the trigger, you do not move. You don't get out of your car and if you are that foolish, you should at least stop and stand still once you see their guns pointed at you.

Maybe the police acted out frustration because they had to chase this guy for 6 miles, and maybe they were wrong. I don't know and we'll need to see what the cop says. However, this guy was stupid, and he acted like he was either bullet proof or had a death wish.

The cops might just be wrong here, but this guy was stupid. I don't purposely walk in front of a bus and then blame the driver for not seeing me in time.

So we need to not rush to judgement since we don't have all the facts but you feel you can offer an evaluation of this persons mental health? Apparently it is OK as long as we are blaming the guy who got shot for having the audacity to move when there were guns pointed at him.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So we need to not rush to judgement since we don't have all the facts but you feel you can offer an evaluation of this persons mental health? Apparently it is OK as long as we are blaming the guy who got shot for having the audacity to move when there were guns pointed at him.

I stand corrected.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟231,047.00
Faith
Christian
Yes like communist China where freedom to keep and bear arms is celebrated, and citizens need not fear their government

You know - my family and I traveled into China a long time ago - not too many years after the cultural revolution. It was pretty full on as far as communism goes - red banners, pictures of Mao everywhere, children singing revolutionary songs in school, soldiers in the streets, the whole bit.

And yet not once did anyone, including myself, think that we were in any danger of being shot and no-one had to tell us how to act if we were stopped by police or soldiers so as not to get shot - no rubbish about keeping your hands out of your pockets etc.

Even today, I'd feel more in danger of being shot by police in the US than in China

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you don't do what an officer says, by law he can kill you. regardless of the circumstances, regardless of imminent danger or not, regardless of if the altercation is over a misdemeanor or a felony, doesn't matter.
I'm trying to think of some reason they would shoot somebody, and i can't think of a single reason.
Target practice? Grins? They like sirens? WHY would a cop pull out his gun?

584af865dc9bf74f3014cc2a889b86c3.jpg

Upvote 0