Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Perhaps you should ask the people who instructed you to take the bible literally?
No -- I'm asking you guys a very specific and, in my opinion, scientific question.

You guys love to play scientist on a public site -- let's see your skills in action.

What scientific evidence would satisfy this fact?

I could ask, "What scientific evidence would satisfy a glass of water being salt water, instead of fresh water?" and you Internet scientists would be all over the answer in a heartbeat.

I could ask, "What scientific evidence would satisfy a herd being cattle, instead of sheep?" and you Internet scientists would be all over the answer in a heartbeat.

But when I ask, "What scientific evidence would satisfy an apple being created ex nihilo?" you ex-nihilo deniers stand around scratching your heads like kindergartners taking an algebra exam.

Suddenly, you guys aren't the hot-shot science-talkers you'd like us to think you are -- are you?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,916,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
*staff edit*
I'm sure you think it is.

You don't have Wikipedia or some counter-culture website to bottle-feed you guys some baloney answer, do you?

For once, you have to actually answer from your heart -- (instead of your brains) -- and "idiotic" automatically regurgitates -- doesn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,916,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You live in a dream world where for you the impossible is possible, perhaps it would be for the best if you didn't try and bring your dreams into the light, they just make people think you're a whoopsy.
No, thanks.

I'm not going to sit idly by, while the Science Inquisition tells us their computers say the Creation Event or the Flood could not have happened, without challenging it for specifics.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
No, thanks.

I'm not going to sit idly by, while the Science Inquisition tells us their computers say the Creation Event or the Flood could not have happened, without challenging it for specifics.

What specifics? Your whole "point" has always been that there are none.

God covered His tracks too well.

Upvote 0

MoonLancer

The Moon is a reflection of the MorningStar
Aug 10, 2007
✟22,024.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
No, thanks.

HAHA project much. The western world already had a inquisition and it was preformed by Christians.

I do find it funny that you describe falling out of touch with main stream society as an inquisition. It says more about you then it does about anyone else.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,916,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
HAHA project much. The western world already had a inquisition and it was preformed by Christians.
You're a little ahead of yourself.

Read John 9 and tell me scientists wouldn't do the same thing today.

If scientists put that poor boy through the 3rd degree then, they sure aren't exempt from doing it again -- only worse.*

* Due to what is called the Scientific Method.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat

If scientists put that poor boy through the 3rd degree then, they sure aren't exempt from doing it again -- only worse.*

* Due to what is called the Scientific Method.

You just can't get over your glaring inability to define reality for the rest of the world, can you, AV? No matter how many times you tell it to take a hike, it just hangs around, making you feel small.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟759,798.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
No, thanks.

Sorry, but it's God's own Creation itself, as signed off by God, that has shown us that the Biblical Creation account along with the Biblical Flood story never happened.

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
To show that there is no known scientific evidence that supports creatio ex nihilo.
Yes, AVET. We all agree with you... so what?

But when I ask, "What scientific evidence would satisfy an apple being created ex nihilo?" you ex-nihilo deniers stand around scratching your heads like kindergartners taking an algebra exam.

Suddenly, you guys aren't the hot-shot science-talkers you'd like us to think you are -- are you?
When we ask specific follow up questions about the apple, you get all upset and defensive. Or you simply say "it doesn't matter." How do you expect us to answer your question, then?

For once, you have to actually answer from your heart -- (instead of your brains) -- and "idiotic" automatically regurgitates -- doesn't it?
The problem you and your ilk have is that you use your "heart" to answer questions about reality, rather than only questions about emotions.

Christian geologists already figured out there wasn't any global flood back in the early 19th century, before there were any computers. But, you like to pretend you don't know that. Sorry, AVET... there is no conspiracy against creationism... and no "scientific inquisition (*sniff*)."

If scientists put that poor boy through the 3rd degree then, they sure aren't exempt from doing it again -- only worse. Due to what is called the Scientific Method.
Ah yes.... now random "neighbors" of the cured guy from John 9 are labeled as "scientists." Why?.... because they did something you don't like... therefore they are "scientists." :doh: However, I think I have you, AVET. If the same events occurred today, he would be lying, wouldn't he? Afterall, in the current "dispensation," Jesus doesn't go around healing anyone.... isn't that correct?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,916,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Christian geologists already figured out there wasn't any global flood back in the early 19th century, before there were any computers.
I'd ask you to name one of these Christian geologists, but I really don't care who it was.

The fact is, if maybe one or two did, they had to step on the Scriptures to do so.

Instead of giving God the credit for cleaning up after the Flood and putting things decently and in order, they assume Mother Nature did it.

Again, assuming they were Christian geologists.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I'd ask you to name one of these Christian geologists, but I really don't care who it was.

The fact is, if maybe one or two did, they had to step on the Scriptures to do so.

Instead of giving God the credit for cleaning up after the Flood and putting things decently and in order, they assume Mother Nature did it.

Again, assuming they were Christian geologists.

I'm sure you read this already: History of the Collapse of Flood Geology and a Young Earth

So, now you can claim they weren't "really" Christians.... correct?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,916,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sure you read this already: History of the Collapse of Flood Geology and a Young Earth

So, now you can claim they weren't "really" Christians.... correct?
Well, no wonder -- look @ this garbage:
The cosmogonists generally avoided the insurmountable problems of animal distribution and migration, for instance, and resisted determinations that geological strata are not arranged in order of specific gravity. On the other hand, the theorists were for the most part committed to providing honest scientific accounts of physical processes associated with the flood, and they resisted making appeals to miracle in order to resolve difficulties in those accounts.
Then comes this:
In the end, the old diluvial cosmogonies fell victim to their own success.
... and I say they got what they deserved.

Upvote 0

Greg1234

In the beginning was El
May 14, 2010
✟11,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You just can't get over your glaring inability to define reality for the rest of the world, can you, AV? No matter how many times you tell it to take a hike, it just hangs around, making you feel small.

The way you people abuse science and seek to hijack a method of inquiry can only lead to it's rejection. If science is so inclined to delve only into material law, this doesn't make reality exclusively material. Nor does it make speculations and distortions based on data "scientific" just because it is material. When these speculations arise it becomes a philosophical venture bedridden by the load of materialistic preconceptions. For example, Darwinism. Both molecular biology and psychology are branches within science. If psychology was inclined to only explain the manifestation of mental phenomena, this does not make reality as a whole exclusively the nervous system and thought.

Proteins, oxygen, acids, alkanes etc are still a functional part of reality and lo, they are integrated with the basis psychology. It is when an emotional aversion to everything molecular pollutes the psychological branch of science, problem arises, and then psychology can take a hike. If psychology were to set out to prove the existence of molecules, it does this just fine everytime it outlines a certain hormonal imbalance giving rise to angry temperaments. It is a branch which does what it can with what it has based on the integration of all branches. But it does not state that reality is only a nervous system. This would most likely lead to its rejection. Science is only a branch of science. You tend to forget that so I'll put it as my tagline.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟395,155.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics