Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Still you must pardon my ignorance but this has nothing to do with reverse engineering.

:confused:

It wasn't supposed to -- AV's "point" is that because scientific inquiry isn't perfect, it should be scrapped in favor of mythology as dictated by himself.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
This gets back to my point that the 1st Law of Thermodynamics was not in operation during the Creation Week.
You know, continuing to make a claim when it has been disproven is not a strength. And simply dropping out of a discussion because you cannot admit failure is also not a strength.

It makes you look... myoptic.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
AV1611VET is trying to do a service for unbelievers, he is doing his best (albeit in a roundabout way)
to warn them of the consequences of too much religion, showing that if they are not very careful indeed,
they could end up exactly like him, a stranger to reality, in denial, and blinkered.

He should be applauded, because he must know he does more damage than good for creationism.
instead of encouraging converts, he repels them, a roll model for creationism he aint.

Unless I have it completely wrong, and TOTAL stupidity of the human race is the ultimate aim of all creationists,
the more I think about it, that could very well be what they are aiming for.
Sort of reminds me of how atheism is the worst enemy that science has.
They want to totally disregard science to promote their personal beliefs.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your friend brings you an apple that was created ex nihilo into the palm of his hand.

What scientific evidence would satisfy this fact?
Apples are a hybrid made by grafting the branch of one tree into another tree.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have this fear, that years after debating AV in a thread long since dead, I'll suddenly get the alert saying he's replied to conversation I've long since forgotten.
Not a chance! :)

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
18kuxf.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And unicorns!
Yes, indeed! He most certainly did!

Not those animals depicted in cartoons and Hellmark cards, but a cryptid that leaves scientists in their usual denial mode.

Science is myopic, and sometimes they depend on [homosexuals] Hanna & Barberra or Hellmark to make their drawings for them.

They can handle Cro-magnon & Neanderthals: depicting them under blue skies, around a campfire, roasting a nice Yak or something for dinner; but some things they leave to others to do their artwork.

Remember: the nine muses are angels that work for Satan, and they are in charge of the arts and science; so science often relies on artwork to propagate their philosophy.

As they say: a picture is worth a thousand words.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, indeed! He most certainly did!

Not those animals depicted in cartoons and Hellmark cards, but a cryptid that leaves scientists in their usual denial mode.

Science is myopic, and sometimes they depend on [homosexuals] Hanna & Barberra or Hellmark to make their drawings for them.

They can handle Cro-magnon & Neanderthals: depicting them under blue skies, around a campfire, roasting a nice Yak or something for dinner; but some things they leave to others to do their artwork.

Remember: the nine muses are angels that work for Satan, and they are in charge of the arts and science; so science often relies on artwork to propagate their philosophy.

As they say: a picture is worth a thousand words.
Inane.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,097.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
None.

Now, The same friend brings you another apple which grew on a tree. He claims it was created ex nihilo in the palm of his hand.

What scientific evidence would satisfy this fact?

The fact that he claims it was created ex nihilo would satisfy me of the fact that he claims it was created ex nihilo. :p

Upvote 0