Mormons Keep Affiliation With Boy Scouts Despite Decision Allowing Gay Leaders

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is no such thing as "Atheistic" government. You may be thinking of less religious countries such as places in Europe. Denmark, Sweden and Norway come to mind. And they have a pretty high standard of living. Name one country that states it's citizens aren't allowed to believe in a higher power.

Start with North Korea. For a number of decades, Russia.

Upvote 0

JonFromMinnesota

Sep 3, 2015
Minnesota
✟52,766.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Start with North Korea. For a number of decades, Russia.

Keep in mind that these are forced upon people. I'm talking about secular nations with a large percentage being atheist. Like I said a couple posts above, if America ever said nobody was allowed to practice any religion, I would march with you against that and i'd expect the same from you if Christianity was a state religion.

Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Keep in mind that these are forced upon people. I'm talking about secular nations with a large percentage being atheist. Like I said a couple posts above, if America ever said nobody was allowed to practice any religion, I would march with you against that and i'd expect the same from you if Christianity was a state religion.

North Korea and Russia were secular nations. Also, it may surprise you that I'm not an advocate of state religion, Christianity or otherwise.

Upvote 0

JonFromMinnesota

Sep 3, 2015
Minnesota
✟52,766.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
North Korea and Russia were secular nations. Also, it may surprise you that I'm not an advocate of state religion, Christianity or otherwise.

Wrong. North Korea is not secular. Free religious activity no longer exists in North Korea and any public worship is banned.

Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wrong. North Korea is not secular. Free religious activity no longer exists in North Korea and any public worship is banned.

sec·u·lar
[ˈsekyələr]

ADJECTIVE
  1. denoting attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis:
North Korea is secular in relation to God.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'll concede this, yes. I over spoke a bit with that post. The difference here is that they are forced into this. It would be unfair to the people of North Korea to say they all don't believe in a higher power. They are banned from any public worship. I was speaking in terms of secular countries where a lot of it's citizens are atheist..

But what you actually wrote was:

"There is no such thing as "Atheistic" government."

What you say here seems to be a complete turnaround, which has left some of us scratching our heads trying to understand what you had in mind.

Upvote 0