✟830,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
LINK

Similar to the internecine battles in Clark County Nevada, the factions within the GOP in the Portland area are leading to headaches for the state party.

--

“First of All, James Ball III, you are full of poop,” wrote one Republican Party functionary to another in a bitter, paramilitary-tinged rift over the future of the GOP in Multnomah County, Oregon.

“That is a legal term used by bible believing Christians,” the email continued, “who want to say something much much stronger but err on the side of caution.”

The author was Tim Sytsma, a precinct committee person, or PCP, for the Multnomah County Republican Party who helped arrange for an associate of the Proud Boys, the right-wing street gang, to provide security for a recent meeting in which the county chair was recalled.

But the May 6 recall vote was unusual.

For one thing, its location, a Portland church, was not publicized ahead of time, WW reported. More suspicious still, an associate of the Proud Boys, Daniel Tooze Sr., provided volunteer security at the door as his associates roamed around the neighborhood.

“We showed up at the recall meeting, and it was odd to see these people that I didn’t recognize in their 20s and 30s, big beards, black jackets, and it was pretty clear that they had firearms under their jackets,” he recalled.

--

At a subsequent county GOP meeting on May 17, several party members were not allowed into the venue, another church in town. Ball and others said they saw Proud Boy associates providing security for this meeting, as well

“The second time, at the May 17 meeting, they were physically keeping people out of the meeting,” Ball told TPM. “Which, again you just can’t do that.”

Undeterred, Ball and nearly 20 others held a meeting in the parking lot — and voted to reelect Lloyd party chair.

--

At press time Friday, Lloyd was still listed as county GOP chair on the Oregon Republican Party’s website. But the party will need to make a more explicit choice soon, Ball said: On Saturday, the ORP is having a statewide meeting, and will need to determine which Multnomah County Republican Party delegation is legitimate.

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟494,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟312,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, Oregon is not an 'enlightened, blue' state?.....news to me.....
Not the deep red side of it. Been that way for years, partly as a reaction to the blue side of the state.

But then, it doesn't surprise the Proud Boys wanting to make the GOP a member-only club vetted by them.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟615,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Not the deep red side of it. Been that way for years, partly as a reaction to the blue side of the state.

But then, it doesn't surprise the Proud Boys wanting to make the GOP a member-only club vetted by them.
Sorta like the leftists wanting to make the DNC a member only club vetted by them, huh? That kinda works both ways......

Upvote 0

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
So, Oregon is not an 'enlightened, blue' state?.....news to me.....

Let me educate you about Oregon.

The western strip of Oregon between the Cascades and the Coast is largely "liberal" with mostly hotspots along the Willamette River (Portland, Salem, Eugene, the university cities). But there's a VAST eastern expanse that makes up most of the land-mass of Oregon but only a small part of the population. This Eastern Oregon part is VERY VERY RED. In fact several counties wanted to recently secede to join "Greater Idaho" because they want to be in a red state.

Oregon is blue mainly be because of the population in the western strip but it is VERY RED in the larger expanses of the east.

Oregon has a HORRIBLE history of racism (it was founded to be a white "utopia" and for many decades in the 1800's it was illegal to be black and live in Oregon!) We still have a large number of mouth-breathing bigots who prowl our nice countryside, so there's no reason for the Right to get too scared that Oregon is lost.

Oregon is trying and largely succeeding to joining the 20th century but we still have a lot of folks who hang onto that Red state mentality.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Sorta like the leftists wanting to make the DNC a member only club vetted by them, huh? That kinda works both ways......

Yes, yes, we know all about the Pride Boys with their chaps and fierceness, keeping people out of our meetings.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
When you only have two viable parties yes, everybody tends to gravitate to one or the other.
Where are “the leftists” go try to take over the government if not in one of the two parties?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟615,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Let me educate you about Oregon.

The western strip of Oregon between the Cascades and the Coast is largely "liberal" with mostly hotspots along the Willamette River (Portland, Salem, Eugene, the university cities). But there's a VAST eastern expanse that makes up most of the land-mass of Oregon but only a small part of the population. This Eastern Oregon part is VERY VERY RED. In fact several counties wanted to recently secede to join "Greater Idaho" because they want to be in a red state.

Oregon is blue mainly be because of the population in the western strip but it is VERY RED in the larger expanses of the east.

Oregon has a HORRIBLE history of racism (it was founded to be a white "utopia" and for many decades in the 1800's it was illegal to be black and live in Oregon!) We still have a large number of mouth-breathing bigots who prowl our nice countryside, so there's no reason for the Right to get too scared that Oregon is lost.

Oregon is trying and largely succeeding to joining the 20th century but we still have a lot of folks who hang onto that Red state mentality.
Well, you seem highly critical of the red part of the state but from what I see and read all the rioting, looting, and burning is going on in the blue part of the state......I find that interesting......and highly informative of where racism actually exists.....or at least where the perception of it actually exists......

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟615,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Where are “the leftists” go try to take over the government if not in one of the two parties?
If they were really interested in governing they would have their own party to distinguish themselves from the democrats like many other countries.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
If they were really interested in governing they would have their own party to distinguish themselves from the democrats like many other countries.

Good thing the Proud Boys don't have to do that -- the Republicans are willingly surrendering to them.

Reactions: Oneiric1975
Upvote 0

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, you seem highly critical of the red part of the state but from what I see and read all the rioting, looting, and burning is going on in the blue part of the state.

I find it interesting that you gave a pass to Ammon Bundy and his occupation of the Malheur area. Interesting. But it makes sense....given your normal position.

.....I find that interesting......and highly informative of where racism actually exists.....or at least where the perception of it actually exists......

You don't know many indigenous Americans do you? You have SO MUCH to learn about American history and geography it's kind of stunning that you hold forth so.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟615,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I find it interesting that you gave a pass to Ammon Bundy and his occupation of the Malheur area. Interesting. But it makes sense....given your normal position.
Trial dates relating to Malheur and verdict
Jury selection for Bundy's trial began on September 7, 2016. Judge Brown said the case would require an unusually large jury pool.[25] Eleven of 31 potential jurors were excused for a variety of reasons, such as opinions regarding the occupation and also personal hardships.[85] By September 9, 2016, 62 people were identified as potential jurors.[86] Twelve jurors (consisting of eight women and four men) and eight alternates were selected by the end of the day. Opening statements were scheduled for September 13, 2016.[87]

Eight other co-defendants in the occupation were also originally set for trial on that September 7, 2016, and a further nine co-defendants were set for trial beginning February 14, 2017.[25][88]

In July 2016, with six weeks before the beginning of the first trial in the case, nine of Bundy's fellow militants pleaded guilty, including three of nine militants who were part of Bundy's "inner circle". Of those three, two were reported to be negotiating "a resolution to a federal indictment in Nevada as well" (see below).[89] By August, the total number of militants pleading guilty had increased to eleven.[90]

On October 27, 2016, Ammon Bundy was found not guilty on all counts.[91][92]
Ammon Bundy - Wikipedia

Seriously?.....you equate this to rioting, looting and burning property?

You don't know many indigenous Americans do you? You have SO MUCH to learn about American history and geography it's kind of stunning that you hold forth so.
Well, I don't hold myself out as an expert on anything but I do tend to be well read on historical issues though not everything (which no one can be). Having said that we are not discussing NA issues in this thread. Please feel free to start a new thread on it and link me to it though. It is best to stick to the OP......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
though not everything (which no one can be). Having said that we are not discussing NA issues in this thread.

Oh so you think racism ONLY applies to black people? LOL. That's hilarious!

If you don't know much about what life is like out here in the West (or even vast swaths of American history) perhaps you should stick with whatever subtopic of the Civil War you know and just try to keep up.

Upvote 0

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
I keep up just fine, thanks anyways.......

Apparently not. I mean if you think racism doesn't count when it's against indigenous folks I hope you never meet an indigenous person and try to tell them your "theories".

You folks who have SO MUCH TROUBLE seeing racism never seem brave enough to try telling a BIPOC person your theories on racism face to face. You sit across the country or wherever and spout. Honestly we out west here don't need your "help". Especially if you don't know the basics of what you are talking about.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟615,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Apparently not. I mean if you think racism doesn't count when it's against indigenous folks I hope you never meet an indigenous person and try to tell them your "theories".
Please point out to me where I said any such thing.
You folks who have SO MUCH TROUBLE seeing racism never seem brave enough to try telling a BIPOC person your theories on racism face to face. You sit across the country or wherever and spout. Honestly we out west here don't need your "help". Especially if you don't know the basics of what you are talking about.
I have witnessed racism through the years and I am quite capable of seeing even now. But the word racism has been watered down to the point where it is virtually meaningless nowdays since everything a white person does is labeled 'racist'.
Honestly we out west here don't need your "help".
I wasn't offering my help. I will just let them stew in their own juices until they are done......then the rest of us will go in and sweep up the mess......

Upvote 0

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Please point out to me where I said any such thing.

We were talking racism in Oregon and you wanted a different thread to discuss native American issues.

QED

I wasn't offering my help. I will just let them stew in their own juices until they are done......then the rest of us will go in and sweep up the mess......

When you step in and decree things about a state you know nothing about and cast aspersions on "where" racism exists here you are hardly just letting it stew.

Come on out to the West and spend some time out here. Learn some of the history, geography etc. It will open your eyes.

Upvote 0