Los Angeles
✟31,239.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I gave you my EXACT quote now please explain to me what I said......it is not that difficult.......the statement is right in front of you........

OK I'll play your game.

So people with a differing opinion (whether right or wrong) makes them racist?

You are asking if people with differing opinions makes them racist, the answer is that racist people will hold racist positions. However, your implication is that is the opinions put forth in the previous post are not inherently racist. This is a defacto defense of those positions even if you didn't outright say so.

Now you are using the "explain to me" sealioning tactic to derail the discussion.

Notice that we are no longer talking about how the GOP is cozing up to racist terrorists.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
You are asking if people with differing opinions makes them racist, the answer is that racist people will hold racist positions.
But that is not what my quote says. You are projecting your own interpretation to fit your preconceived notions of my position. My statement mentioned nothing about race. Example: I have been very critical of BLM for the violence they have perpetrated over 2020 and many people here (liberals/progressives) have thought that racist even though I never bring up the subject of race. However my view of BLM is vastly different than theirs and they consider that difference of opinion racist. My statement I made said nothing about race but you, OTH, use the word racist 3 times in your very first sentence. So, I would have to conclude that you agree that people who disagree with you are, in fact, racist. If not, convince me otherwise......though that is probably best done in a separate thread.
Notice that we are no longer talking about how the GOP is cozing up to racist terrorists.
Well, that was your choice........

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
But that is not what my quote says. You are projecting your own interpretation to fit your preconceived notions of my position. My statement mentioned nothing about race. Example: I have been very critical of BLM for the violence they have perpetrated over 2020 and many people here (liberals/progressives) have thought that racist even though I never bring up the subject of race. However my view of BLM is vastly different than theirs and they consider that difference of opinion racist. My statement I made said nothing about race but you, OTH, use the word racist 3 times in your very first sentence. So, I would have to conclude that you agree that people who disagree with you are, in fact, racist. If not, convince me otherwise......though that is probably best done in a separate thread.

I posted a list of 7 different statements I have seen made on these boards, all of which were racist. You replied to that message saying that I was claiming that 'differing opinions' are racist, implying that you held one or more of those opinions that I quoted. If you don't, then just say so.

Upvote 0

LockeeDeck

Mar 14, 2021
Los Angeles
✟31,239.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

I see you decided to ignore your defense of the list of racist positions and have now thrown out the old standby of violence by BLM.

Given your stance on opposing violence I wonder what your opinion is on the Proud Boys and the Boogaloo Boys given that part of their mission statements are based on violence.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I posted a list of 7 different statements I have seen made on these boards, all of which were racist.
So that is representative of everyone?.....Not a very scientific poll......IMHO.....I did notice, however, you did not link to their quotes which would call into question the accuracy and context of what you 'quoted'.....
You replied to that message saying that I was claiming that 'differing opinions' are racist, implying that you held one or more of those opinions that I quoted.
Which is nothing more than a preconceived notion of what I believe though I notice you post nothing where I have said anything even close to what you claim......

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I see you decided to ignore your defense of the list of racist positions and have now thrown out the old standby of violence by BLM.
It's not that old.....2020 is not that far behind us.......though I do notice you do not deny their violent activity.....
Given your stance on opposing violence I wonder what your opinion is on the Proud Boys and the Boogaloo Boys given that part of their mission statements are based on violence.
Well, please feel free to post anything on these forums where I have shown support for either of these 2 groups......since you are new here I'll give you some time......

Upvote 0

LockeeDeck

Mar 14, 2021
Los Angeles
✟31,239.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It's not that old.....2020 is not that far behind us.......though I do notice you do not deny their violent activity.....

Given the actual arrest records violence attributed to BLM has been exaggerated but that's another thread.

Well, please feel free to post anything on these forums where I have shown support for either of these 2 groups......since you are new here I'll give you some time......

I simply wondered on your opinion on them and with the opportunity to clarify your position you get defensive. That's interesting.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So that is representative of everyone?.....Not a very scientific poll......IMHO.....I did notice, however, you did not link to their quotes which would call into question the accuracy and context of what you 'quoted'.....

Which is nothing more than a preconceived notion of what I believe though I notice you post nothing where I have said anything even close to what you claim......

It was never meant to be a scientific poll. Just an example of statements I have seen on these forums. If you don't agree with any of those views, then what's the problem?

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I simply wondered on your opinion on them and with the opportunity to clarify your position you get defensive. That's interesting.
Defensive?.......lol.......There are a lot of things I do not comment on......is that also interesting?........

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
It was never meant to be a scientific poll. Just an example of statements I have seen on these forums. If you don't agree with any of those views, then what's the problem?
I was just wondering why the comments weren't linked to the posts......thought that was curious.......you know, accuracy and context are important.......since you did put them in quotation marks indicating they are actual quotes........right?......
'Tulsa wasn't so bad, the blacks were just as guilty as the whites'

'There's no systemic racism in the US, black people just have issues with the cops because they commit more crimes'

'The only real racism today is against white people'

'The Charlottesville protest wasn't about race, they were good people standing up for their rights'

'"White Power" is an inoffensive phrase, there's nothing wrong with chanting it'

'Africans were the ones who sold other Africans into slavery, so it's all their fault'

'The civil war had nothing to do with slavery, and there's nothing wrong with having public monuments to Jefferson Davis'.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LockeeDeck

Mar 14, 2021
Los Angeles
✟31,239.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Defensive?.......lol.......There are a lot of things I do not comment on......is that also interesting?........

Actually, yes. You avoid commenting on violence on the right in a topic about the GOP using violent right wing groups as part of their security yet you brought up BLM when that had nothing to do with what was being discussed.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Actually, yes. You avoid commenting on violence on the right
And once more your evidence of that is what?.......your belief?.......your feelings?.......
you brought up BLM when that had nothing to do with what was being discussed.
I just brought that up as an example.......which you have been unable to refute......so......

Upvote 0

LockeeDeck

Mar 14, 2021
Los Angeles
✟31,239.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You have a link to support your claim?

And once more your evidence of that is what?.......your belief?.......your feelings?.......

You are sealioning and asking for proof that you didn't comment on something in this same thread?

You do realize how absurd that is right?

I just brought that up as an example.......which you have been unable to refute......so.....

An example of differing opinion people you think people are calling you out on. But you refuse to clarify your opinions and then don't offer any others when asked. If you feel people are not interpreting your words correctly and this is happening consistently then maybe it's the fault of the speaker.

Still, I am genuinely interested in your opinion on the OP because it is clear you have a differing view from me. What do you think about the GOP getting so chummy with violent right wing groups?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
You are sealioning and asking for proof that you didn't comment on something in this same thread?

You do realize how absurd that is right?
No, not just this thread......any thread.....feel free to look......

If you feel people are not interpreting your words correctly and this is happening consistently then maybe it's the fault of the speaker.
Or the fault of the listener with preconceived bias.......
Still, I am genuinely interested in your opinion on the OP because it is clear you have a differing view from me. What do you think about the GOP getting so chummy with violent right wing groups?
Never supported any right or left wing violent groups......though from your responses here I am guessing you are a supporter of BLM which does have a very violent history (short as it may be).....
What do you think about the GOP getting so chummy with violent right wing groups?
ONce more, where is your evidence of that?.......I asked once.....this is the second time......so far nada.......

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I was just wondering why the comments weren't linked to the posts......thought that was curious.......you know, accuracy and context are important.......since you did put them in quotation marks indicating they are actual quotes........right?......

They're paraphrased, and include posts from years ago. I'm not exactly about to go back through the archives and find all of them. Of course that's not what you were objecting to at first, you just quoted it and asked if any differing opinion made you racist.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
They're paraphrased, and include posts from years ago. I'm not exactly about to go back through the archives and find all of them. Of course that's not what you were objecting to at first, you just quoted it and asked if any differing opinion made you racist.
So there is no way to check your accuracy of 'paraphrasing' or context......sorry, that don't cut the mustard.......

Upvote 0

LockeeDeck

Mar 14, 2021
Los Angeles
✟31,239.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No, not just this thread......any thread.....feel free to look......

You do enjoy sending people on snipe hunts. This tactic is a part of sealioning and is commonly used to avoid topics and derail threads.

Or the fault of the listener with preconceived bias.......

Never supported any right or left wing violent groups......though from your responses here I am guessing you are a supporter of BLM which does have a very violent history (short as it may be).....

The irony is strong with this one.

ONce more, where is your evidence of that?.......I asked once.....this is the second time......so far nada.......

The OP helpfully provided a few links on the topic.

Also, I didn't ask if you supported violent right wing groups, I asked on your opinion on the GOP supporting and interacting violent right wing groups.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
You do enjoy sending people on snipe hunts. This tactic is a part of sealioning and is commonly used to avoid topics and derail threads.
Nope, just asking you to substantiate your comments is all......something you seem to be loathe to do......
The irony is strong with this one.
But once more.......not denial.......that's telling......
Also, I didn't ask if you supported violent right wing groups, I asked on your opinion on the GOP supporting and interacting violent right wing groups.
And if you had bothered to notice both times I have quoted this I bolded GOP.......I don't speak for the GOP I only speak for myself.....and of which you have provided absolutely no evidence of GOP support for violent right wing groups.

Upvote 0